Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I like her outfit and her braids more than I like her, but granted we're six issues in with a book that has a VERY large cast (9 plus Cassie) and a very established lead character (Jean).

I don't care for her power and would've preferred Hijack get more screen time before replacing him with another technopath, but I'm not *that* salty about it.

My final verdict is indifferent but favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Forge's power is completely mental. He just 'knows' how to make/fix things. He has no extra physical abilities(other than his sorcery).

As for Trinary being the 'smart one', eh, Sage was a lot better in that capacity in X-Treme with those google-glasses for the team and all. Plus Sage already has an established history of espionage and is a highly competent martial artist in addition to her various mental abilities.
    He has to physically touch material in order to manipulate it. He cant mentally do that remotely like Trinary can. If a sentinel is coming at and his hands are tied up, he's dead, whereas Trinary can mentally take control of the thing just by looking at it. Forge's abilities are only of use when he is able to make physical contact

meh, if she dies I won't cry but I'm not looking for her to die either.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He has to physically touch material in order to manipulate it. He cant mentally do that remotely like Trinary can. If a sentinel is coming at and his hands are tied up, he's dead, whereas Trinary can mentally take control of the thing just by looking at it. Forge's abilities are only of use when he is able to make physical contact
    His power is a completely mental one, though. Yes, he physically builds things, but his mutation is a mental one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I’m indifferent towards her at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    So far, so good.
    This, for me. She interests me, but I haven't seen her developed enough to judge, yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    which would have been useless to the team in the situation. They were trying to get out of India and back to Wakanda ASAP. They werent even thinking of using the sentinel as an escape option when they got their but Trinary'[s powers made it possible. Without her, the sentinel would have been destroyed as that would have been the only way to stop it from killing them, causing collateral damage and harming innocent civilians around them. Forge's powerset wouldnt have prevented that from happening. With the sentinel defeated, no one would have been thinking about Forge to reprogram it bc it would have been destroyed. He would first need to repair it and that would take god knows how long. Point is, Forge could not have been substituted for Trinary here

Trinary is not OP. She has a very specific power. She has no defensive or offensive powers. Put her up against any number of X-men villains and she's easily defeated. She can only go up against tech based opponents. Her utilization will probably be best apt as a support member
    Which for me is why I like her. I hate how most fans think EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER has to be some Combat God. That's nto even how teams in the Real world works. Support characters are fine. Most of the people I like in comics are support based. Not everybodyis a frontliner, nor should they be.
    When people are like her powers make no sense, or I don't like her, for no other reason than I don't like her, drives me nuts, give a reason.

BANNED

Well she isn't bad. For me she's......tolerable.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I really like her. Hopefully she dates Gentle.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Isn't she like the 3rd person with powers like this?

There are multiple telepaths and healers and such, but it seems redundant because these character pop up and then disappear. The more you read the book the more your eyes roll about the social commentary.

Has she been spotted outside of Red in any previews?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

There are multiple telepaths and healers and such, but it seems redundant because these character pop up and then disappear. The more you read the book the more your eyes roll about the social commentary.

Has she been spotted outside of Red in any previews?
    I could have sworn I saw her in Uncanny. If not that book, I definitely saw her in a preview for something not RED

She's currently in Extermination... spoilers:
    but she's been turned into a Hound.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Network and Madison Jeffries come to mind. And she's doing the same thing as Juston Seyfert with a sentinel. Also Tom Skylark with Rover and Rover's companionship with Marrow in Wolverine and the X-Men. That said, I don't find Trinary compelling or likable. But that's not a huge jump from the rest of the characterizations in X-Men Red. The portrayal of Jean Grey is disgusting and the wallpaper status of Nightcrawler, Gambit, Namor, and Storm in order to play second fiddle to the characters the writer cares more about.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Nevermind

10char
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So far I do not dislike her. I just wonder if we'll see her again after Red ends, or if she eens up like Crosta, Rico and Ziggy.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================