Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's impressive that every single "new" decision Marvel is making with regards to their core characters is so utterly horrible. You'd think they'd get one right by sheer statistics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I have to ask: When was the last time you liked the Hulk book?
    Maybe Paul Jenkins' run, 10% (if that) of Greg Pak's stuff, WWH tie-in's (not the main series), and limited one-offs up to today's Savage Hulk. But, most of the main series I avoid like the plague anymore. It's so sad.

I believe Marvel should kill off the Hulk character. Keep Banner around for folks who like Mark Ruffalo. But, please kill off the Hulk baecuse he's been watered down for nearly two decades. What good is he anymore?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    It's impressive that every single "new" decision Marvel is making with regards to their core characters is so utterly horrible. You'd think they'd get one right by sheer statistics.
    You would think, but they're swimming in money now and the product is always the first to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    What about the entire Gamma Corps? I don't remember that team being depowered.
    I would need to look them up haven’t read anything with them in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Also, Samson is dead IIRC.
    I forget about that you’re right he is. damm

[/QUOTE I think Betty, Rick, Thunderbolt and maybe Skarr will be depowered. Marvel's not going to do anything with Betty or Rick anytime soon, and Gen. Ross got his redemption in Parker's run. Skarr would still have Oldstrong powers, and in the Savage Land that would create an interesting challenge for him. I'm not even sure anyone at Marvel remembers that Lyra exists. She should still be in Jen's care, but we have yet and probably will not see that addressed in Soule's She-Hulk.
    I’ll take this by character
    Betty – I think you’re right but hope that you are wrong
    Rick – Yeah he has had his time to shine especially with the Abomination back not really needed though I do like the character
    Thunderbolt – never wanted him powered in the first place so please yes.
    Skarr – I don’t think Skarr can be depowered his gamma powers are in his genes as he is biological the Hulk’s son.
    Lyra – Was shipped off to the Avengers Academy and finished up there and then she went into Limbo, she wasn’t in arena or undercover to the best of my knowledge.
    Truth is the best policy

Don't forget Jen (She-Hulk) herself, although I seriously doubt they'd do that with her current title/being in the Avengers (Well, one of the teams)...and being a more established part of the Marvel Universe than the other, more recently powered Hulk family members.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Maybe Paul Jenkins' run, 10% (if that) of Greg Pak's stuff, WWH tie-in's (not the main series), and limited one-offs up to today's Savage Hulk. But, most of the main series I avoid like the plague anymore. It's so sad.

I believe Marvel should kill off the Hulk character. Keep Banner around for folks who like Mark Ruffalo. But, please kill off the Hulk baecuse he's been watered down for nearly two decades. What good is he anymore?
    You didn't like the PAD run?

Or was that so long ago that it doesn't really count?

I've always said that Jenkins' mutliple personalty Hulk was the way to go(I think my favorite Hulk is Professor Hulk).

That way everybody gets the Hulk they want and Banner once again has a legitimate problem: he will never know for sure which Hulk he'll turn into.

That said there was a lot I liked about the Pak run. I liked World War Hulk and a good bit of the War of the Hulks stuff.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Same here. I think WWH was the best event in terms of execution; built off of one huge story, plenty of good tie-ins but not tons, didn't so much look to upset the status quo as just make a big summer action comic.

And yeah, though I love the Professor I think a random Hulk is a smart idea for a lot of reasons.

Yes, enough of this pandering to the bald demographic! How about us hirsute men? Unless the new female Thor is also a bearded lady, we are now short a beard!

MORE FACIAL HAIR, MARVEL!

And none of these pencil-thin Tony Stark/Dr. Strange wannabe 'staches either. I want full beards. On everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Yes, enough of this pandering to the bald demographic! How about us hirsute men? Unless the new female Thor is also a bearded lady, we are now short a beard!

MORE FACIAL HAIR, MARVEL!

And none of these pencil-thin Tony Stark/Dr. Strange wannabe 'staches either. I want full beards. On everyone!!

Hulk needs the beard back.

BANNED

I love the Hulk / Bruce Banner, as it is one of the most misunderstood heroes of the Marvel Universe this ... footprint doctor and monster (not necessarily evil) is what makes it stand out to him, among other characters besides ... your power supply is virtually endless ...

But I did not get this news ... that the Hulk will be super smart? And Banner? Dunno ... I think it's just a way to let the inferior Bruce, since he was always one of the smartest brains in the Marvel and did not find this "cure" range ...

But Marvel seems to want to draw the attention of a sudden the same way ... I hope it is a passing phase, and also hope that these things are happening with our beloved characters, never reaching the cinematic universe ...

In time, the only good thing I saw this news was that we could stop this rainbow of different Hulks ... something for me, just takes "strength" of the original ...

And in my opinion, the intelligent and destructive Hulk already existed and was in the form of WW Hulk, which was the perfect merging of mind Banner and the Big Green, with his hatred of a thousand ...
    Last edited by Sansomon; 07-26-2014 at 05:14 AM.