Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default A shocking development

You know, being a big fan is fine. But if this really happened, then whoever did it is a real punk.

The good part is that in the modern world it's hard to threaten someone and not get caught. So I'd like to hear some details about it from King. If you're willing to hire a bodyguard, then you should be willing to inform the appropriate authorities too.

https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-batman-...odyguard-sdcc/

Death threats have been, sadly, a common topic when it comes to fans outrages. Let expect whoever are doing those threats get caught. Probably, many of them are people taking advantage of the anonimity internet gives, without any intention of truly carry them on (that doesn't justify doing it either), but with only one that is willing to do so is enough. This kind of behavior must not be admited in our communities, but are pretty hard to stop and have been part of comics since who knows when, but there're a lot of cases every time a creator makes a controversial take/decision
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Jesus Christ, again with this. Similar thing happened to Slott when Spidey 700 dropped. You can be passionate about a comic, but at the end of the day its a work of fiction with pretty pictures and words, not something you threatening to take someone's life over. For shame. I hope, they prosecute whoever did this.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

This probably has less to do with the general online threats and more to do with past history surrounding Comic-Con as a possible place for violence, given the guy who was planning to shoot the Green Ranger in the past.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I may not like the way certain writers handle things but death threats and/or attacking a writer on a personal level is not something I would ever engage in. People who do this seriously need to get help in addition to being found and arrested. I'm not even joking about that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I may not like the way certain writers handle things but death threats and/or attacking a writer on a personal level is not something I would ever engage in. People who do this seriously need to get help. I'm not even joking about that.
    More than that. They need to be locked up.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    More than that. They need to be locked up.
    Yeah, I edited that part but I still think they could also benefit from some psychiatric help as well while they are locked up. Making such a threat is one step away from actually carrying out that threat and there are people out there that are unstable enough to make that leap.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Some fans need to understand that comics are just make believe.

Not real.

Your ship, your favourite character are nothing but made up ****. Quit taking it so seriously and go get some professional help because if you are one of the fans that take things this far. YOU ARE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD.

If you let fiction have this much of a hold over you. YOU ARE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD.

Jesus a man can't even earn an honest wage without weirdos trying to spread their crazy. All because of a fictional marriage. Some fans should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I edited that part but I still think they could also benefit from some psychiatric help as well while they are locked up. Making such a threat is one step away from actually carrying out that threat and there are people out there that are unstable enough to make that leap.
    They absolutely need professional help. Any fan who feels it's okay to abuse or harass a creator because of a fictional story isn't well.

BANNED

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be a speculator, who was angry when he found out that Batman #50 wouldn't be worth a lot of money.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is why I hate other geeks.
    Assassinate Putin!

He’s CIA. So makes sense he takes this stuff seriously, and that he knows a guy.

In other news (or Newsarama to be exact):
    https://www.newsarama.com/40923-dc-m...-concerns.html

For those not interested in clicking, this is the relevant passage:
    "Update: Newsarama has confirmed that the "bodyguard" in the tweet sent by Batman writer Tom King (below) is in fact David Wray, a known art collector who works for ComicSketchArt LLC as line security for various creators' booth lines at conventions. So it's possible King's tweet was in jest.;"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In other news (or Newsarama to be exact):
    https://www.newsarama.com/40923-dc-m...-concerns.html

For those not interested in clicking, this is the relevant passage:
    "Update: Newsarama has confirmed that the "bodyguard" in the tweet sent by Batman writer Tom King (below) is in fact David Wray, a known art collector who works for ComicSketchArt LLC as line security for various creators' booth lines at conventions. So it's possible King's tweet was in jest.;"
    That's not something to joke about. If King just wanted sympathy because of the flak he's caught, that was not the right way to get it.

WOW. He needs a bodyguard.. Poor Man..

However, is not the first time that the fans obsession in something or someone shocked me..