Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Diana, Princess of the Amazons, by Shannon and Dean Hale

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...graphic-novels

https://twitter.com/haleshannon/stat...88267515695104

Pretty exciting! I really loved Hale's Rapunzel's Revenge and Calamity Jack, and Princess Academy is one of the best series out there, so this is quite a coup for DC to snag her away from Marvel's YA/Kids Lit program.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A young Diana on Themyscira? I except fun and adorableness .

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

More love for Diana? Sold!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yeah, that's cool...but not enough, still no Amazon show, no animated film/series. Even Stargirl is getting something.

Huh, Warbringers being adapted? I own that one, its an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    Yeah, that's cool...but not enough, still no Amazon show, no animated film/series. Even Stargirl is getting something.
    I mean...given the QUALITY of the shows we're getting, I'm not convinced we want ANY Diana show. I certainly don't want them to try to get that David Kelley Wonder Woman show back on track.

But I do think that we deserve a cool show INCLUDING Wonder Woman.

That being said, I'm a person of books and comics. I'm more excited about this than the tv and movies.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

They keep saying they are working on an animated Wonder Woman movie but nothing. Last I heard it was supposed to be on the 77 comics. Now if they could just add sensational comics to the mix we are set

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    Do you really want anyone besides Patty touching Diana right now? Titans was hilariously edgy. Timm is gross and I loathe how he uses everyone besides Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Huh, Warbringers being adapted? I own that one, its an interesting read.
    I started it, but wasn't pulled in. What would you say to get people to give it a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean...given the QUALITY of the shows we're getting, I'm not convinced we want ANY Diana show. I certainly don't want them to try to get that David Kelley Wonder Woman show back on track.

But I do think that we deserve a cool show INCLUDING Wonder Woman.

That being said, I'm a person of books and comics. I'm more excited about this than the tv and movies.

On one hand, you are right about the poor quality of all the shows, and I think that this DC streaming Universe (or whatever it's called) will fail, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise that they aren't touching WW.

On the other hand, I can't help but think that Warner not working on anything WW related is evidence that they don't care about her. Come on, how come after the success of the movie, they still aren't trying to push her?

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Do you really want anyone besides Patty touching Diana right now? Titans was hilariously edgy. Timm is gross and I loathe how he uses everyone besides Batman.
    Patty's WW was nice, but she is not my ideal WW, so I wouldn't mind someone else. Now, the reality is that there's probably no one who could do a good enough job...hell they'd probably ruin her. Timm can stay away from Diana, ugh.

So yeah, it's probably for the best...but I am still mad at WB/DC lol

I need a Vikings like Amazons show and an Avatar the last Airbender/Korra animated series, is that so much to ask? :insert dramatic crying gif:
    Last edited by WonderSpace; 07-19-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A young Diana on Themyscira? I except fun and adorableness .
    What other Young Diana books do you like? I have to admit, I didn't like The True Amazon, because Diana was so terrible. I loved Legend of Wonder Woman, and there were some really cute stuff in Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman. And, of course, there's the Smallville Wonder Woman, with her Secret Boy. That was completely adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I started it, but wasn't pulled in. What would you say to get people to give it a chance?
    If you like Superhero Girls and the Wonder Woman movie you will enjoy Warbringer. It essentially combines the two in terms of tone and story level.

It even introduces a villain unique to the book who would be REALLY interesting to see pop up in the comics. This guy with an army of geneticists who will take the dna of greek monsters and graft them together to create super monsters and will experiment on himself, augmenting with that mythological dna to give himself incredible power.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    There are other options besides Bruce Timm and Greg Berlanti.

This is not a dig at Shannon and Dean Hale in any way, but why can't DC get into themselves to make standalones with Diana in current time? All they do seems to be focused on her origin story or be set before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    If you like Superhero Girls and the Wonder Woman movie you will enjoy Warbringer. It essentially combines the two in terms of tone and story level.

It even introduces a villain unique to the book who would be REALLY interesting to see pop up in the comics. This guy with an army of geneticists who will take the dna of greek monsters and graft them together to create super monsters and will experiment on himself, augmenting with that mythological dna to give himself incredible power.
    That does sound interesting - is it set in the modern day, or WW1 or WW2?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    This is not a dig at Shannon and Dean Hale in any way, but why can't DC get into themselves to make standalones with Diana in current time? All they do seems to be focused on her origin story or be set before that.
    To be fair, all of Zoom and Ink are about young versions of heroes.

And the Hales are some of the best at that!