Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Well about damn time! But I was kinda hoping since they gave Superman his trunks back, Cap would get some elements of his old costume back namely the cape. Maybe he will get a costume change in the book.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Long past due! Glad to see it's finally happening!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks black?
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah it was some kind of black or dark grey the first time too.

Attachment 68453
    Black is Black Adam's color.

And dark grey looks drab.

I hope they reconsider. Silver would be better. Or dark blue.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-19-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Always Rakzo

Eaglesham is a pretty nice replacement for Gary Frank, his characters are really expressive and appealing while his storytelling is top-notch.

The premise of exploring different worlds is quite interesting and fits Johns' classic take on worldbuilding perfectly. Promising, promising, promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Well about damn time! But I was kinda hoping since they gave Superman his trunks back, Cap would get some elements of his old costume back namely the cape. Maybe he will get a costume change in the book.
    Yeah, I think the Big Red Cheese having a unique cape by Superhero standards would be nice to have acknowledged again.

(And, really, what does the hood even accomplish as part of the costume?).

Interesting.

Simply interesting.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was never that dark to begin with. Outside of Black Adam, who's supposed to be dark. But Billy pretending to be a jerk for all of a couple issues as a defense mechanism was always greatly exaggerated in its awfulness. It took no time at all for it to be revealed his heart was as big as previous iterations, and his brothers and sisters were light-hearted in tone from the word go.
    However, some people had given up on John's Justice League (where the back-up feature was) before they really showed whether Billy was truly a jerk or not.

BANNED

This is a must have. Looking forward to it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was never that dark to begin with. Outside of Black Adam, who's supposed to be dark. But Billy pretending to be a jerk for all of a couple issues as a defense mechanism was always greatly exaggerated in its awfulness. It took no time at all for it to be revealed his heart was as big as previous iterations, and his brothers and sisters were light-hearted in tone from the word go.
    Yes. I've always been weirded out by people dismissing New 52 Billy as a jerk who was no longer "innocent." It's really not fair, IMO, and not a realistic expectation to have towards a child who grew up in the flawed foster system who had to experience disappointment after disappointment. There are many real life kids who have those attitudes and they shouldn't have adults dismiss them or give up on them because they are not behaving in an "acceptable" way by adults who do not deem them "good" kids worthy of love.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    However, some people had given up on John's Justice League (where the back-up feature was) before they really showed whether Billy was truly a jerk or not.
    Exactly, because by the end of that short little story Billy really wasn't a jerk. Nor was he when we (briefly) saw Billy in JLA appearances.

Retired

What magic word would get Dan Mishkin and Gary Cohn to write this series?

Spectacular Member

"Each one of his siblings has a piece of his power now." Does this mean that Mary has the strength of Hercules, Billy has Solomon's wisdom, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Exactly, because by the end of that short little story Billy really wasn't a jerk. Nor was he when we (briefly) saw Billy in JLA appearances.
    Actually, I'm one of those people who did give up before Billy may have been shown not to be an overall jerk.
    Billy's feature was in issues #7-11 (5 issues worth) before I quit the book after reading Justice League #12. He may not have been acting as quite a big a jerk by the end of the 5th installment, he hadn't really shown it was only an act at that point yet. (And I couldn't be bothered to buy issue #0.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    "Each one of his siblings has a piece of his power now." Does this mean that Mary has the strength of Hercules, Billy has Solomon's wisdom, etc.?
    An Asian-American boy named Eugene Choi possesses the wisdom of Solomon, an overweight Latino boy named Pedro Pẽna possesses the strength of Hercules, Mary Batson possesses the stamina of Atlas, Freddy Freeman possesses the power of Zeus, Billy Batson possesses the courage of Achilles, and an African-American girl named Darla Dudley possesses the speed of Mercury.

From Captain Thunder - Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    YES!!!!!!! Finally I am getting one of my favorite characters back from limbo!
    One down and a few dozen to go.