Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I've been waiting since the Powers of Shazam ended in the 90's for a real Shazam ongoing. (Although 52 was a good facsimile, and the Trials of Shazam was conversely a tragedy).

Hopefully its more fun than angsty and moves away from the darker tone of the New 52 backups.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

About darn time .

It's probably for the best that they've moved on from Gary Frank. Eaglesham is a worthy successor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Although multiple Marvels has been a thing since the Golden Age (Mary, Jr., Uncle, Hoppy, Lieutenants), I do wish they would focus on the main Captain before branching out with the others.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I kinda feel the same way.

Like, I love the Marvel Family (especially Mary), but just looking at the cover that seems like a lot of characters to be balancing and using when we've only really just gotten to the beginning of Billy's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Well since they look like the Power Rangers now anyways they can be called the Shazam Rangers.

Go Red Shazam, Blue Shazam, Green Shazam, Purple Shazam.

In all seriousness I am kinda excited by this. And Englesham is a great artist.
    Where does that leave Mary though? they have the same colors ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Hopefully its more fun than angsty and moves away from the darker tone of the New 52 backups.
    The cover makes it look like the book will be pretty fun.

YES!!!!!!! Finally I am getting one of my favorite characters back from limbo!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Yay Darla! I am amused at her hair change though.

I'm interested in seeing how this'll go and how/if they try to address them all seemingly vanishing.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yay Darla! I am amused at her hair change though.

I'm interested in seeing how this'll go and how/if they try to address them all seemingly vanishing.
    It would be kind of hilarious if there's a plot relevant reason why they all vanished off the face of the Earth since Rebirth .

Hell yeah, great to see Johns is finally following up on his previous work.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Since they're probably not using the Marvel name anymore, I wonder what their codenames will be.
    Since Garth does not seem to be using the name Tempest anymore it would be perfect for either Mary or Freddy. I kind of think Hector just going by Ajax could work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Since Garth does not seem to be using the name Tempest anymore it would be perfect for either Mary or Freddy. I kind of think Hector just going by Ajax could work too.
    I think I need a primer in who these marvels are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's still called Tempest, though he also seems to be back in limbo...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of hilarious if there's a plot relevant reason why they all vanished off the face of the Earth since Rebirth .
    I do hope there's some kind of explanation, if only because such a long time of not being around would usually have some kind of joke about it for a returning book.

It'd be fun if they even tie it into the missing JSA somehow since Cap was on the team for a while under Johns.

"Weird. I can't even remember what we did. We helped that dude who was running fast and everyone kept asking for a Thunderbolt and I thought they meant me. But it's hard to remember them anymore."

Astonishing Member

What is Eugene's color?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    What is Eugene's color?
    It looks black?

Astonishing Member

Yeah it was some kind of black or dark grey the first time too.

Shazam-by-Gary-Grank.jpg

Excited and I'm glad its continuing off of what Johns did in the New 52. IMO its the last good thing Johns revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    It was never that dark to begin with. Outside of Black Adam, who's supposed to be dark. But Billy pretending to be a jerk for all of a couple issues as a defense mechanism was always greatly exaggerated in its awfulness. It took no time at all for it to be revealed his heart was as big as previous iterations, and his brothers and sisters were light-hearted in tone from the word go.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-19-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El