Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So I'm new to this character. Can anyone explain what she's like to me, her personality, powers and appeal. It's interesting that she's the choice that DC decides to have some friendly content with in the mix of all there mature toned shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So I'm new to this character. Can anyone explain what she's like to me, her personality, powers and appeal. It's interesting that she's the choice that DC decides to have some friendly content with in the mix of all there mature toned shows.
    Well you want to get variety so you can hook more people.

And check out her comicvine to get some reading recommendations and some history.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stargirl/4005-4897/
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

In her earlier appearances in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E she’s a young spunky and slightly rebellious teenager. However, she has a good heart and she is also very intelligent . As she matures she joins the JSA and she becomes more family focused and realizes the legacy she has to live up to and honor.
    As for her powers she finds the cosmic belt worn by the star spangled kid and later inherits Jack Knights (Starman and son of the original Starman Ted Knight) cosmic staff. So she can fly and shoot energy blasts etc.

She is one of my favorite DC characters. Her early stories in the book I mentioned are very entertaining, but my favorite appearances of her were in Geoff Johns JSA and later Justice Society of America.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 09-01-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    In her earlier appearances in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E she’s a young spunky and slightly rebellious teenager. However, she has a good heart and she is also very intelligent . As she matures she joins the JSA and she becomes more family focused and realizes the legacy she has to live up to and honor.
    As for her powers she finds the cosmic belt worn by the star spangled kid and later inherits Jack Knights (Starman and son of the original Starman Ted Knight) cosmic staff. So she can fly and shoot energy blasts etc.

She is one of my favorite DC characters. Her early stories in the book I mentioned are very entertaining, but my favorite appearances of her were in Geoff Johns JSA and later Justice Society of America.
    She does sound interesting, I'll read up on her. I never really knew what the JSA did differently than the JL.

Seems filming will start January 2019, so we should be hearing some casting rumors/announcements pretty soon.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Kon93

I want to know if she still uses her cosmic converter belt or just her cosmic rod, both in the comics and in the new show?

No one understands Courtney like Johns does so if he's happy with the casting. So am I.

Fantastic Member

I just watched a video of Brec interviewing (& torturing) her boyfriend. Her appearance and personality suggests she would make a fine Courtney. I don't know how good an actress she is. Nickelodeon isn't exactly known for churning out prodigies but everybody has to start somewhere, right?

This and the Shazam movie are the only DC projects that I am so excited for and will be crushed if they let me down.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I want to know if she still uses her cosmic converter belt or just her cosmic rod, both in the comics and in the new show?
    The synopsis in the link Reservoir Dog posted states she'll be using the Cosmic Rod. As did TVLine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This and the Shazam movie are the only DC projects that I am so excited for and will be crushed if they let me down.
    Stargirl I think will crush it. Not really worried about Shazam but I think it will be alright.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    If I had put my fancast in here, I would have come across as a psychic.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    She looks great. Perfect casting.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake