Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're probably going to focus on the JSA characters who are strictly members of the team and not attached to a Justice League legacy, so that might rule Flash and Green Lantern out.

Mr. Terrific is on Arrow, so that might rule him out.

I don't think the Ray Palmer Atom will prevent them from using Al Pratt, and I'd kind of expect Atom-Smasher to be in this for a variety of reasons.

Dr. Fate isn't on any show or planned for any movie, so they might use him. Kent for past Fate and Khalid for modern Fate?

I'm curious if the Hawks might be free for this.
    For this lifelong JSA super-fan, the speculation about who will appear is super exciting to me. The JSA angle makes Stargirl the DCU series I'm looking forward to the most.

Re: Mr. Terrific... The modern version is on Arrow but I'd be darn happy to see the original/golden age Mr. Terrific. I've loved him since he appeared (and died) in that JLA/JSA crossover.

Also I don't much think Johns and the other producers of DCU shows are going to let characters appearing elsewhere to keep them from using them. I would have felt much differently if we hadn't just seen a preview involving Batman. He's been off-limits to everyone but the movies. That they're actually using him in Titans tells me all bets are off in terms of available characters.

After the JSA being gone for SO long in the comics (curse you, Doomsday Clock delays!) it's thrilling to me to see them casting an Hourman, Wildcat, and maybe especially Sylvester Pemberton (Star-Spangled Kid). I've missed him since DC killed him off decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Didn't they kill off Jay in the Arrowverse though?
    Everyone seems to be thinking OG JSA will be in flashbacks. If that's so his Arrowverse status doesn't much matter. If they use Jay Garrick, I'd expect them to use a young Jay in flashbacks and not the CW version.

I think it's still an open question as to whether the DCU shows will have to follow Arrowverse continuity.

In the comics and on the DCU shows it seems to me like the creators are free to use whoever they want now. At least that's my hope.

I think they're probably going to focus on the JSA characters who are strictly members of the team and not attached to a Justice League legacy, so that might rule Flash and Green Lantern out.
    This makes sense but I hope they do use Jay and Alan and Carter, etc.

I don't think the Ray Palmer Atom will prevent them from using Al Pratt, and I'd kind of expect Atom-Smasher to be in this for a variety of reasons.

Dr. Fate isn't on any show or planned for any movie, so they might use him. Kent for past Fate and Khalid for modern Fate?

I'm curious if the Hawks might be free for this.
    Every bit of this makes me giddy with anticipation. Great posts, @Frontier.

Haven't been keeping up has the rumored Wildcat Yolanda Montez been cast?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Re: Mr. Terrific... The modern version is on Arrow but I'd be darn happy to see the original/golden age Mr. Terrific. I've loved him since he appeared (and died) in that JLA/JSA crossover.
    Well, a variant of the modern Terrific, but I don't think anyone would actually complain about seeing Michael Holt in this (and as Michael Holt).
    Also I don't much think Johns and the other producers of DCU shows are going to let characters appearing elsewhere to keep them from using them. I would have felt much differently if we hadn't just seen a preview involving Batman. He's been off-limits to everyone but the movies. That they're actually using him in Titans tells me all bets are off in terms of available characters.
    I think they'll use major DCU characters within reason, although it might be on a case-by-case basis.
    After the JSA being gone for SO long in the comics (curse you, Doomsday Clock delays!) it's thrilling to me to see them casting an Hourman, Wildcat, and maybe especially Sylvester Pemberton (Star-Spangled Kid). I've missed him since DC killed him off decades ago.
    Agreed .
    I think it's still an open question as to whether the DCU shows will have to follow Arrowverse continuity.
    This wouldn't make any sense to follow Arrowverse continuity since they already did their version of the JSA, and I doubt they could reconcile the two Stargirls.

Every bit of this makes me giddy with anticipation. Great posts, @Frontier.
    Thank you .
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Haven't been keeping up has the rumored Wildcat Yolanda Montez been cast?
    People are guessing that's who Anjelika Washington is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I wonder if "Matt" might be a re-worked Atom-Smasher.

I wonder if "Matt" might be a re-worked Atom-Smasher.
    I thought that too but with Brainwave could it be his son?

I would honestly be shocked if they allowed them to use Alan Scott on the show.

I saw yesterday where they cast Dr. Mid-Night as well! Really looking forward to this series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I would honestly be shocked if they allowed them to use Alan Scott on the show.
    They’re no embargo on Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    They’re no embargo on Alan Scott.
    Anymore? Because I'm sure the Arrowverse guys said they weren't allowed to use any GLs, even Alan Scott. If there's no embargo on Alan Scott for a TV show anymore, that must be a more recent development, which I haven't heard of.

I'm not sure if the DC Universe shows are as beholden to DC's character embargoes but, like I said before, I think they're going to emphasize the characters who are primarily just JSA'ers rather then progenitors of more iconic legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Artemis as Sportsmaster and Tigress' daughter?

I also wonder if we'll see them fight the JSA in the past while Stargirl fights the legacy versions of them in her time?