Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I hope, given Johns's history with the character and the inspiration for her, she's presented in a much lighter, friendlier way than the garbage fire that was the TITANS trailer, where nothing screams peace like Dove ripping off somebody's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I hope, given Johns's history with the character and the inspiration for her, she's presented in a much lighter, friendlier way than the garbage fire that was the TITANS trailer, where nothing screams peace like Dove ripping off somebody's face.
    Johns described it as being like Spider-Man: Homecoming and Buffy, so I expect, as far as tone goes, it will be very different from Titans.

Fantastic Member

I would prefer a real teenager in the role of Courtney, but if Greg & Geoff decide to go with a twenty-something, I'd like to suggest Holly Taylor who played Paige on The Americans.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 07-20-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I would prefer a real teenager in the role of Courtney, but if Greg & Geoff decide to go with a twenty-something, I'd like to suggest Holly Taylor who played Paige on The Americans.
    Love that choice. Great actress.

Astonishing Member

The part which interests me the most is the JSA. LoT Season 2 was great, but pretty disappointing when it came to the JSA. Here's hoping they finally get some justice (pun intended!)

People need to be talking about this show. This sounds exciting and fresh, DC needs to remember their history and legacy. The idea of the JSA being a main focal point of the show is very exciting. The idea of Courtney (and the audience) learning about them together is the best way to introduce the audience to these characters.

Plus Stargirl needs more love.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have a feeling that aside from it being an attention-grabbing soundbite, the "F Batman" line indicates a Robin who has just broken away from Batman and is feeling a bit raw about whatever happened between them to end their partnership - I bet this is a Robin in transition that we're seeing at the start of the show.
    From CBR:https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-why-...batman-titans/
    “This is after he’s obviously split from Batman if that wasn’t clear enough,” Johns said.

He then went on to discuss Dick Grayson’s place in his life and how he searches for a new family among the Titans. “There’s a story to be told in the series,” Johns continued. “Dick Grayson is really trying to find a new place in the world — a new spot, a new life, just like all the other Titans are. They’re all lost, and they find one another to form this surrogate family.”

Makes sense to me

I am pretty sure we aren't going to hear Courtney say, "F**k S.T.R.I.P.E." A guy in a giant suit of armor will probably won't happen on the show, but I hope they don't totally forget him.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-21-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The part which interests me the most is the JSA. LoT Season 2 was great, but pretty disappointing when it came to the JSA. Here's hoping they finally get some justice (pun intended!)
    The JSA were pretty wasted on that show, especially when they started killing off members left and right (though Stargirl conspicuously survived herself).

The Arrowverse also didn't do much better with Wildcat, Jay Garrick, or the Hawks.

Hopefully this show can be the live-action adaption for the Justice Society that the team deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The JSA were pretty wasted on that show, especially when they started killing off members left and right (though Stargirl conspicuously survived herself).

The Arrowverse also didn't do much better with Wildcat, Jay Garrick, or the Hawks.

Hopefully this show can be the live-action adaption for the Justice Society that the team deserves.
    Whoa whoa whoa......JWS IS Jay Garrick

But I agree the LOT appearance was an absolute waste.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agreed, but the show really underutilized him after they introduced him as Jay.

Agreed, but the show really underutilized him after they introduced him as Jay.
    Very true!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

But I agree the LOT appearance was an absolute waste.

Do you know who would make an even better Jay Garrick? Sam Waterston. He played Forrest Bedford on "I'll Fly Away". He was the archetypal mid-western gentleman.

Fantastic Member

According to this article, “The series is looking to cast an 18+-year-old actress, of any ethnicity, to play a 15-year-old Courtney.” I'm usually pretty open-minded about re-imagining heroes and heroines as POC, but Courtney has always been a character I imagined as Caucasian. I just can't imagine an Asian or Hispanic Courtney. Still, if they do decided to cast a POC, I will try to be as open-minded as I can and wait to see the final product before casting judgment. Still, this irritates me.

Mighty Member

People give the JSA on LOT way too much BS. They literally appeared in TWO episodes. They served their purpose and moved on. They weren't meant for a big arc.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K