Spectacular Member

Default SDCC18 : THREE JOKERS by Geoff Johns & Jason Fabok for DC BLACK LABEL

- THREE JOKERS Will be a part of DC BLACK LABEL but will tie-in to DC Universe continuity.

- Will consist of three 40 page prestige format issues.

- It focuses on Bruce, Barbara, and Jason

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So I guess the Joker who killed Jason isn't the same one who shot Barbara?

Either way, I'm always in for more Hood

That's the Golden Age Joker in front right? I like that guy, he was hilarious, and he hated Bats. I'm definitely following this, I love seeing Jason and the Joker interact.

I'm hyped for this, but can someone tell me what eras the two of these Jokers are from? I know one is from Pre 52, hence the crowbar.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

The one standing in the back is from the Killing Joke. The one with the crowbar is from a Death in the Family. I think the third Joker is from the Joker graphic novel.

So...the three Jokers are Death in the Family Joker, Killing Joke Joker, and a third one who might be representing Golden Age Joker?

I guess that explains why Babs and Jason will be part of this.

I don't understand the Black Label concept at all.

They're saying the Three Jokers is tying into DC Universe continuity, but does that mean not all of the story is in DC Universe continuity?
    Do all Black Label titles tie into DC Universe continuity, or do only some of them?

What's the point of a separate Black Label line if the stories are part of the DC Universe continuity?

Didn't they originally promote this line by saying
    DC LAUNCHES NEW PUBLISHING IMPRINT DC BLACK LABEL
    BRINGS EDGY AND PROVOCATIVE STANDALONE STORIES TO THE LEGENDS OF
    BATMAN, SUPERMAN AND WONDER WOMAN
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...dc-black-label

Last edited by MajorHoy; 07-19-2018 at 04:35 PM.

This is the first, and thus far only, Black Label story that I've seen that has any ties to the main continuity.

My guess is that the precedent will now be that its a label that CAN be set in current continuity, but is simply tagged as Black Label for more mature content. Kinda a pointless precedent, imo, this could easily just be a prestige book without the Black Label tag, but that's my guess.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-19-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

The real question is, how did the Mobius Chair know this? Were the New Gods and their tech immune to various reboots?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    The real question is, how did the Mobius Chair know this? Were the New Gods and their tech immune to various reboots?
    Since starting New 52 there's only one New Gods for every Earth and Darkseid is also aware of Convergence, I think they're also aware of the previous timeline... or they know because these three Jokers at the moment existing at the same time, even though they originated from other timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Well, at the prelude for Darkseid War Metron is shown to be unaffected by the crisis, so I guess that the Mobius chair at least stand apart from the rest and is able to know every continuity and Hyperime branching.

I thought the chair told Batman that he was unworthy?

Black Label
    In continuity
    Sorry don't see how this will work.
    It's not going to be another killing joke situation where the story is migrated into Canon
    This was a story referenced in Canon and is now being taken out of it(sort of)

Unless it's not super edgy but 3 issues is really short for a storyline like this

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I gather the three Jokers were Golden Age Joker, Killing Joke Joker and New 52/previously defaced Joker? I suspect it’s going to be the case that they’ll all be part of a family or something.

A version of the Wendigo legend. Some sort of spirit that inhabits and transforms the host?