View Poll Results: MCU or Comics Cap: Who do you like?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comics Cap

17 22.97%
  • MCU Cap

45 60.81%
  • I can't pick a favorite

12 16.22%
  • I hate them both!

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Damm it, I voted before reading the OP. Though, you should've made it clear. I mean, look at the options. "I hate them both". Wut?

Anyway, the abilities aren't that different. It's just that movie Cap has clear superhuman strength and durability. Other that that, they're not much different.

But I really hate comic Cap's jobbing aura. Movie Cap has some of it, too. But comic book Cap's is ridiculous, it might be second only to Batman and Deathstroke.
    Yeah, I bunged the title bad. I welcome all deserved scorn. One of those things that sounded perfectly clear as I was typing then reading the first comments, I thought "uh oh."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    kind of hard to compete with the movie version. seeing something in action is always going to be cooler.
    Not really. All depends on choreography, direction, etc. Are you really saying Iron Fist fights on Netflix are better than in comics?

Boisterously Confused

...the abilities aren't that different. It's just that movie Cap has clear superhuman strength and durability. Other that that, they're not much different.

But I really hate comic Cap's jobbing aura. Movie Cap has some of it, too. But comic book Cap's is ridiculous, it might be second only to Batman and Deathstroke.
    IMO, Comics Cap is one of those characters that tends to work better on the page than ever could on screen because his abilities require some exposition. You have to be told that he seems so fast because beyond great reflexes, his combinations of senses are uncommonly acute, he's trained himself so thoroughly, and he's got so much experience, which combine to almost act like sixth sense. It's a lot easier in film just to go with "he's really fast" and demonstrate that.

MCU Cap seems to have gotten an upgrade as the films have progressed. Yeah, he was unquestionably stronger than the average bear in CA:TFA (clearly illustrated in the train scene by the difference in his ability to take the Hydra blasts from behind his shield versus Bucky's), and could run fast enough to keep up with average city traffic. He seems to have stayed at about that CA:TFA level in The Avengers, but we began to see signs of more advanced abilities starting with CA:TWS (absorbing a drop into water from a very high altitude, shaking off being blown off of a bridge). We saw more signs of it in AoA (smashing a vehicle by throwing his motorcycle at it). By CA:CW, he was outrunning relatively fast city traffic, kicking a parked SUV into a thug, and (my personal favorite) arresting a helicopter's take off by curling its landing skid.

I suspect a lot of that was simply because they needed Cap, Bucky, and BP to all be able to visually stand a little closer to the bigger guns in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, I bunged the title bad. I welcome all deserved scorn. One of those things that sounded perfectly clear as I was typing then reading the first comments, I thought "uh oh."
    Hey, it was an honest oversight and this's all for fun, anyways. No worries.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I would go with the movie version. The fight scenes are on par with those old school martial arts movies with Jackie Chan and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

But throwing the Avengers under the bus just for Bucky? Dick move, bruh.

Extraordinary Member

I voted for MCU Cap.

Extraordinary Member

My perfect combo would be the MCU Cap's fighting skills combined with 616's abilities. While the MCU version is still my favorite, I think he comes off as a bit too superhuman in the movies.

That said, I think Tony Stark is vastly overrpowered in both worlds, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    To be clear, this is about the abilities, not the personalities
    Like others I don't see any difference. If you can go toe to toe with Spider Man in the comics then you are well above peak human potential.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Not really. All depends on choreography, direction, etc. Are you really saying Iron Fist fights on Netflix are better than in comics?
    Well that fight with the drunken master was pretty damn cool
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I feel like Earth's Mightiest Heroes Cap is pretty underrated, like that time he fought Skrull Cap:

Captain America: There's more to human beings than our bodies and minds, something you'll never understand: our spirit! We never surrender! We never give up! Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Earth's Mightiest Heroes Cap is pretty underrated, like that time he fought Skrull Cap:

Captain America: There's more to human beings than our bodies and minds, something you'll never understand: our spirit! We never surrender! We never give up! Ever!
    That's a really cliche line.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Like others I don't see any difference. If you can go toe to toe with Spider Man in the comics then you are well above peak human potential.
    That's because of jobbing aura. Not because of abilities. When Cap can help land an airplane with his body, lifts a train-car like it's nothing and knocks out a guy with just a flick of his finger, then we'll talk about abilities.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I would go with the movie version. The fight scenes are on par with those old school martial arts movies with Jackie Chan and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

But throwing the Avengers under the bus just for Bucky? Dick move, bruh.
    Movie version. I really think it would have been a little boring if he'd just been that vague "peak human"? I mean what the hell is that? Basically anything they want it be. At least this way he's just straight up super human with the serum and as he learns and gains more experience, his abilities grow as well. In TFA, he really only had his couple weeks of basic training and stuff he'd read in books(and being an entertainer in the USO, hey that's probably where he learned he was strong enough pick up a motorcycle and hold it over his head), his innate intelligence and instincts that his weak and sickly body had not allowed him to act on so he was really on the verge of reaching his potential and the majority of the enemies he faced were just other humans. By WS, he'd been introduced to all the most modern fighting styles and training techniques which were far in advance of WWII and having faced aliens in Avengers, as well as seeing what his own teammates could do(Thor, Hulk) - he knew he'd have to be prepared with a much higher array of abilities and so he tried to prepare for that. And so on, I think that's why his abilities seem to grow from film to film - it's because he basically learns on the job. Pretty sure he found out he could survive jumping from a plane into the ocean by accident LOL but once he found that out, no reason he shouldn't use it as part of his skillset. Or desperation - like when he jumped out of the 20th floor or whatever of the Triskelion.

As for CW - Steve didn't throw the Avengers under the bus just for Bucky. He was against the Accords BEFORE Bucky entered into it(with good reason, they clearly are chock full of human rights violations which are shown almost immediately through both Bucky's and Wanda's treatment, and Steve is the ONLY one actually shown reading the damn thing so because he is smart and knows his history and knows how people in power act or in the case of the UN, don't act, he knew what would happen and lo and behold, it happened!). Sam was against them as well, BEFORE Steve made his own opinion known.

In fact it was the rest of Team Cap that insisted Steve and Bucky allow them to get captured by Team IM so they could make it to Siberia to capture the REAL villain. Steve did not want to leave them and the first thing he did afterwards was break them out of the highest security prison on earth. And notice - by the end of the film Steve ended up with Wanda, Sam and Nat with Black Panther as an ally and it wasn't long before Vision was going for visits to Wanda and clearly not against Steve. So um....exactly how did he throw the Avengers under the bus? Tony had Rhodey(who by IW was telling Ross to go you know what himself), sort of Vision but not entirely and sort of a teenage boy. So interesting if he "threw the Avengers under the bus" that most of them seemed to side with him in the end, or at least didn't particularly seem to hold it against him. And Tony broke the Accords multiple times within a couple days of SIGNING them - it's just that Tony either hid that fact(Spiderman who was underage and also hadn't signed the Accords which made his presence in Germany illegal under the terms of the Accords) or didn't turn himself in after the fact(when he went to Siberia just like what the rest of the team was imprisoned for).
    Last edited by Alpha Storm; 07-22-2018 at 05:32 PM.

All-New Member

My vote is for comics Cap. Without comics Cap there would be no movie cap lol. Considering I did a marathon run of all the MUC movies in the correct order starting with Captain America prior to the Avengers Infinity War release I'm also happy with everything Disney is putting out, and I hope that the Fox buyout finishes soon! I do agree with the consensus that MCU cap seems to be more powerful than in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Movie Cap, easily. Movie Cap has a humility to him. Comicbook Rogers is arrogant, belligerent, and unbearably sanctimonious and obnoxious.
    Couldn't agree more