Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
It shows Gambit has quite some friends, which we knew. But who is closest to Rogue you people think? Surely not Illyana, they were barely seen interacting with each other ever.

So I know Bobby and Sam are suppose to be two of her friends, but be honest, are they really close to her? Who else of her colleagues is she really is close with?

Or,... is Rogue still the friendless X-Man she always was? Remembering her starting days, outback days, she was a loner, no one really liked her. Is she still friendless?
No, the problem is the X-Man she's been shown bonding with the most in the past decade is dead (Wolverine) and all the new friends she's made in UA probably weren't invited to Kitty's wedding (Synapse, Wasp, Human Torch, etc...).

In terms of X-Men, I think she is friendly with many X-Men but I don't think writers have not done a good job establishing a best friend. Outside of Wolverine, I think the most consistent friendship she's had is with Iceman. They had the road-trip during the 90s to bond over things they couldn't have or were ready to deal with and I think Rogue choosing to have him on her team during the Messiah Complex era shows trust. Iceman also stuck up for her against Scott, though part of that might've been his mounting frustration with Cyclops as well.

That Kitty (of all characters) got so much panel time during the Iceman solo I think is a crime. At least Sina remembered Angel as a person he should actually be close to. :/

Sam I think Rogue is fond of (southerners flock together?) and while they have spent some time together on a couple of teams, most of it has just been as friendly colleagues. Sam's BFFs will always be the New Mutants though.

On the girls side, I think she (despite the really rocky start and being pretty harsh on her) is closet to Storm, as almost an older sister but Storm is still closer to Gambit and other X-Women (Jean, Psylocke).