Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I'm hyped can't wait for Wednesday, just two minor things:
    1. Magik doesn't quite sound like herself, but I guess is reasonable that after ruining her brother's wedding she might be acting weirder than usual (if she appears again in the future and behaves in the same way then I'd be disappointed)
    2. Like Devaishwarya pointed out, Rogue's looks too much like a Disney princess, for the first issue that has a lot of stuff from the wedding works just fine but in the long run I'm not so sure. If we could get Pere Perez for the second arc then that would be great.

Looking forward to it The preview is awesome. I agree with Fokken - absolutely love Storm's dialogue.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    All hail the Magik School Bus...
    This is the best pun/derogatory nickname I’ve ever heard.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    This is the best pun/derogatory nickname I’ve ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ha! I knew someone would get it!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well that's like some of the cringiest banter I've read in a long while.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I had forgotten about the Gambit and Bling connection. Gambit's wedding party so to speak would make a good team in and of itself.
    This is actually rather brilliant.

Gambit
    Rogue
    X-23
    Storm
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Bling!
    Magik

... this is quite the team. A little big, but not terribly crowded. That’s a whole lot of personality getting thrown into one book.
    Still, I have a soft spot for Bling!; she’s always gonna be one of my favorite young mutants

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post

Gambit
    Rogue
    X-23
    Storm
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Bling!
    Magik

... this is quite the team. A little big, but not terribly crowded. That’s a whole lot of personality getting thrown into one book.
    Still, I have a soft spot for Bling!; she’s always gonna be one of my favorite young mutants
    If not reaching X-Men Red levels of size... You see what you've done Taylor?!
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

Lol, majik could be 'part time' a reoccurring character but not there all the time.

That thing was its bling was kinda cute. She's so helpful.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If Guggs had written Magik this poorly he would've rightly been called out for it.
    So, I wasn't the only one surprised by Magik's voice?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I don't think many people understand the character. The way she was written during AvX imo was spot on. Nearly without emotion, not really understanding how others feel or even really caring; calculating, but menacingly so. By all means she should be an antihero. But once Bendis got his hands on her... She hasn't been the same and it went on so long I think this iteration has become common place. Like Buffy Summers (vamp slayer) but without the bubbly air-headiness she had at Illyanna's age. She wants to keep this world safe, but "safe" is a relative term when the world she grew up in was eternally in flames and populated with demonic beings that all wanted to eat her on some level. Her definitions of "safe", "good", "moral" and "funny" are going to be different than ours. And they should be.
    This is all I wish people would admit, it annoys me that readers will try to make sense of Illyanna's complete 180 in personality since Bendis got his hands on her. There's were no in story reasons and she was/is still mostly a complete departure from what she was from her return up until Gillen. Some like Bendis' take personally I thought it was too regressive for regressive sake, his obvious arc of broken powers for no other reason than to depower his cast was even more on the nose. I feel he wrote her however he wanted fit whatever story he was telling at the moment and most writers Rosenberg notwithstanding followed suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post

Gambit
    Rogue
    X-23
    Storm
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Bling!
    Magik

Are these actually going to be recurring characters in the book, or is this just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Are these actually going to be recurring characters in the book, or is this just speculation?
    No, I believe they are all just going to be around for the flashbacks to the actual wedding in #1. This is just a summation of the wedding party put together (if you consider Bling! the ring bearer? ) and looked at with the idea that they actually would make a wonderful team. Perhaps a little excessive with both Magik and Nightcrawler, but Ilyanna as said could pull part time duty

I like it. Rogue and Magik's faces on that page remind me of Bachalo a little bit.
    Nice to see Gambit's connections with Bishop and Bling acknowledged as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I like it. Rogue and Magik's faces on that page remind me of Bachalo a little bit.
    Nice to see Gambit's connections with Bishop and Bling acknowledged as well.
    So, do we know what the package is?My bet is vulcan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I don't think many people understand the character. The way she was written during AvX imo was spot on. Nearly without emotion, not really understanding how others feel or even really caring; calculating, but menacingly so. By all means she should be an antihero. But once Bendis got his hands on her... She hasn't been the same and it went on so long I think this iteration has become common place. Like Buffy Summers (vamp slayer) but without the bubbly air-headiness she had at Illyanna's age. She wants to keep this world safe, but "safe" is a relative term when the world she grew up in was eternally in flames and populated with demonic beings that all wanted to eat her on some level. Her definitions of "safe", "good", "moral" and "funny" are going to be different than ours. And they should be.
    Have you read "Magik: Storm and Illyana" before? Magik isn't strictly an "anti-hero". She was partially tainted due to Belasco but usually keeps her dark side at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This is all I wish people would admit, it annoys me that readers will try to make sense of Illyanna's complete 180 in personality since Bendis got his hands on her.
    It’s easy. Magik got her soul back. It’s not that Magik is an anti-hero, she was losing her humanity to her inner darkness ever since Belasco stole her soul.
    Last edited by 244; 07-21-2018 at 04:33 AM.