Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Where is the rest of Rogue's team who are supposed to be getting her ready?
    And as far as Rogue and spiders, way back in UXM Annual #13, Rogue has no issues with spiders, but snakes! Rogue states: "Ah hate to admit it--But Ah've always hated snakes! By comparison, mice'r nice-- and spiders jus' dandy --But snakes--Brrrr!"
    Last edited by mikeb; 07-21-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I love that KT is reinforcing little character moments from other writers' work. It's fresh in my mind because it just came out on Marvel Unlimited, but the final issue of Rosenberg's Secret Warriors showed that Magik loves her some cake.
    I wonder if the writers are insinuating that she's ace with the cake references.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Where is the rest of Rogue's team who are supposed to be getting her ready?
    And as far as Rogue and spiders, way back in UXM Annual #13, Rogue has no issues with spiders, but snakes! Rogue states: "Ah hate to admit it--But Ah've always hated snakes! By comparison, mice'r nice-- and spiders jus' dandy --But snakes--Brrrr!"
    It's only like 3 pages... Patience?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    She's not the one fussing, so I don't think this contradicts her earlier statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure now Gambit and Rogue will try themself in art becuase they will get a lot of brushes and easels for gifts
    I'm not so sure. From what I can recall from the reception for Peter Parker and Mary Jane's wedding 30 years ago, they ended up with like a half a dozen blenders!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Well that's like some of the cringiest banter I've read in a long while.
    really ya think? They've been chums forever they're allowed to say lame quips to each other

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I wonder if the writers are insinuating that she's ace with the cake references.
    Explain. What is the connection between being ace and cake? I have never heard of it before.

One word to describe those preview pages: wow. I loved those vignette-style opening pages, the banter, the cameos--then finding out that Gambit proposed without knowing about the power inhibitor? Damn you, Kelly Thompson, for hitting me right in the feelings.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    really ya think? They've been chums forever they're allowed to say lame quips to each other
    Friends can be corny...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Wish we had a list of the wedding guests. Will there be any surprise guests? Remember, the people who have been invited were invited by Kitty and Peter, not Rogue and Gambit. Maybe a guest or 2 will have their jaws drop at the sudden wedding of Rogue and Gambit. (If Magneto is there, I hope he wore a suit.)

Thompson’s forthcoming Mr. and Mrs. X, which details Gambit and Rogue’s honeymoon after their surprise wedding in X-Men Gold (which Cebulski noted would be continuing with a new arc about Storm).

Speaking of that surprise wedding, during the question and answer session with fans that ended the panel, a reader asked if Marvel had initially planned to have Kitty Pryde and Colossus marry without a hitch. At a Marvel creative retreat, however, someone suggested this idea (Cebulski thinks it was maybe Donny Cates, which, of course it was) and the Rogue and Gambit story evolved from there.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-18-un...s-x-panel/amp/

They should honeymoon in Florida on the Redneck Riviera Panama City Beach

Astonishing Member

Hmm...interesting, though I don't know anything about Donny Cates, so I don't get the joke...

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    They should honeymoon in Florida on the Redneck Riviera Panama City Beach
    No, that’s where Gambit will go after the divorce