Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Is Magneto going crazy again because Rogue finally got married to Gambit?

Remember when Forge became Crazy because Storm married Black Panther?

Despite the fact that he was the one who dumped her and didn’t bother to get back Together again for the longest time?

Hey, that’s also what happened with Magneto and Rogue during Schism and A vs X !

After all, Magneto recently suddenly began massacring human Hellfire Club members who were minding their own business by successfully hooking up with each other I.e. Happy Couples!

And Magneto in Antarctica did condemn Gambit to death for his role in the Manhattan Morlock Massacre way back when ...

Oh god man, don't go there please. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Spectacular Member

Hahaha this is Marvel! After all, Erik and Marie never did get closure, did they now? What do you expect?

Pretty sure he could care less. I don’t even think that she’s that significant in his life tbh.

Nah. He's just at that point in his narrative cycle. He's been a hero for a while, so it's time for the pendulum to swing the other way.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Pretty sure he could care less. I don’t even think that she’s that significant in his life tbh.
    Yeah right...Not! He doesn’t care about her that much so that’s why the Second half of Mike Carey’s Xmen run was basically the courtship of Rogue by Magneto eh? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Yeah, in U/A Magneto practically accused her of being a sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Yeah right...Not! He doesn’t care about her that much so that’s why the Second half of Mike Carey’s Xmen run was basically the courtship of Rogue by Magneto eh? /sarcasm
    Half a run, out of the decades worth of publication history, written by a man who just wanted to pair his two pet characters up with absolutely no solid buildup or any logical reasoning? That’s significant alright !

Let’s be real, Magneto’s real love will always be mutantkind. Illyana was right when she said that Rogue was a fool to think that he would put her first before mutantkind.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-20-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Magneto was already heading towards his current state as of issue #1 of X-Men Blue. It was clearly what they were heading for.

Magneto "goes crazy" in the two issues following Hellfire Hunt, I believe. As in #33 and #34 are set before #31, and even #28. If we look at the art preview, we see Magneto in the outfit he was wearing when he entered the time machine. When he comes out of it, in the modern day, he has changed costume. It was clearly not a one-stop trip. The new issues also have the same artist (Marcus To) as #27 (when Magneto entered the time-stream).

Magneto must have taken a journey, seen things in the time-stream and returned with his new perspective. Likely, his hatred for Emma being the one thing that kept him going. At least, I hope this is the case. Mainly because that'd be a really cool way to tie everything up neatly.

Ultimate Member

But if he went into the future then he's attacking her for things that she hasn't even done yet and he can't be certain that she would...unless he believes that the future can't be changed or something like that...

BANNED

I believe this more than what we're being sold in the book as the reason. This is more interesting

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I'm gonna say no.

Has Rogue x Magneto even been important since they got split up? Other than them being married in AoA?

I got no issues with Rogue x Magneto. But I don't think too many writers are paying it much mind these days. Rogue's previous date with Deadpool has gotten more attention than her actual relationship with Magneto. But maybe it's because DP is less of a threat & less confusing than trying to tackle Magneto. lol

But best for Mags not to be freaking out over it. I am sure Rogue x Gambit don't care about him, or too much about DP. So neither should be written pining for her.

If a pairing is over, let the characters move on. Don't need the rejected party going Yandere or being torn down to say how great the other ship is. Give it decent & mutually accepted closure, then drop it. That's why I am not crazy about DP being in Mr. and Mrs. X. RoguePool got its closure in Duggan's run, and it doesn't need to come up again. Especially in a RxG marriage book.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-20-2018 at 06:27 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Simply put, no. Magneto hasn't cared about Rogue since she turned down his proposal in Gage's X-Men: Legacy.

The theory makes it sound like Mags is some jilted lover, which he ain't.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Nah somehow I don't think he cares that much. I'm completely ready for a return to badassery by Magneto. He is an amazing character, just keep him away from Rogue