Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Team Red vs Team Green

Ok, so I saw this one suggested somewhere else and am reposting it here for us rumblers.

Team Green:
    Hulk
    Green Lantern (Jordan)
    Martian Manhunter
    Savage Dragon
    Skaar

vs

Team Red:
    Red Hulk
    Quasar
    Iron Man
    Hellboy
    Orion (New Gods)

Khazan arena. Who wins?

Martian Manhunter could at least shut down the opposition mentally, even if he couldn't he buys a lot of time for Hal do finish off the opposing team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Martian Manhunter could at least shut down the opposition mentally, even if he couldn't he buys a lot of time for Hal do finish off the opposing team.
    How is Hal going to finish off the Red Team in anyway that Quasar couldn't handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    At the bell , only Jonn and Orion move. Orions Astro Force should nail Jonn before he goes intangible

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    How is Hal going to finish off the Red Team in anyway that Quasar couldn't handle?
    Depends on whether Quasar has any significant mental-resistance feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    At the bell , only J'onn and Orion move. Orion's Astro Force should nail J'onn before he goes intangible
    I didn't know Orion was that quick on the draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

All the New Gods have superspeed I believe. in Camelot Falls, a bunch of New God kids were moving so fast Superman could barely keep track of them. Orion in particular has done stuff like observe a fight taking place in microseconds( and again the fighters were a New God and a Bug, so again speed feat ) , catch a speeding Lightray, slapped away bullets fired from behind while he was blinded etc and has basically hung even with Superman in all their fights( post crisis) . So yeah , I think he is fast enough to blast Jonn before he goes intangible.
    Last edited by Matt the Manly; 07-23-2014 at 01:32 AM.

BANNED

At the bell , only Jonn and Orion move. Orions Astro Force should nail Jonn before he goes intangible
    He's maybe going to hit him first, but I don't think that's going to be enough to KO the Manhunter From Mars.

...and has basically hung even with Superman in all their fights( post crisis).
    J'onn also hangs even with Superman in terms of speed, and has FTL reaction feats, so it's essentially a quick-draw contest. This may be a bit of a stretch, but the difference may lie in Orion's reliance upon his harness to channel the Astro-Force effectively. J'onn just has to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think that's going to be enough to KO the Manhunter From Mars.
    If it hits him, it's at the very least going to stun him long enough to make a difference. The Astro-Force is not something to be mucked about with.

Post Crisis Orion is nowhere close to J'Onn in speed. J'Onn is close to lightspeed while Orion is a bullet timer. J'Onn mind zorches everybody for the win.

This is all assuming Post Crisis versions. I have no clue on the Nu versions.

Last edited by Matt the Manly; 07-23-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Even if Orion fails to hit Jonn, he would should still be able to kill Hal with a wide range blast and Boom Tube the others

Even if Orion fails to hit Jonn, he would should still be able to kill Hal with a wide range blast and Boom Tube the others
    He's not fast enough to do anything before J'Onn knocks him our or mind zorches him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He's not fast enough to do anything before J'Onn knocks him our or mind zorches him.
    No I think Orion is probably fast enough to react to Jonn given he can follow movements that happen in microseconds, catch a speeding Lightray and generally keep up with Superman in all their fights and also how New God children, Apokoliptan Pacifiers etc manage to surprise Superman with their speed

As for the TP thing, while I can't think of an exact feat, Mother Box should be able to ward off TP . For example that star creature in JLA TPd Aquaman and didn't do the same to Orion. Maggedon TPd Superman but didn't do the same to Orion despite capturing him, Orions mother box specifically keeping his rage in check. In Starlins run, in the Bloodlines arc, Orion resisted Desaads mental torture with the help of mother box till the feedback knocked Desaad into a coma iirc

For example that star creature in JLA TPd Aquaman and didn't do the same to Orion.
    ISTR Starro being a bit above J'onn in the mindfrag department. Or maybe that was Despero.

Either way, mind tricks are not the best way to take out Orion.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Post Crisis or Nu versions? I have a lot of thoughts on this thread but it's irrelevant without having that clarified first.