Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diana and Bullets

Why go back and forth with this? Mayfly at least in the cover is threatening Diana with a gun. I can at least get Rucka’s version because she did take other hits and didn’t to die. I would say that bullets should go through her but due to her healing abilities she will not be killed or harm by them.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-23-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why go back and forth with this? Mayfly at least in the cover is threatening Diana with a gun. I can at least Rucka’s version because she did take other hits and didn’t to die. I would say that bullets should go through her but due to her healing abilities she will not be killed or harm by them.
    Yeah, when bulletproof alphas recover from injuries in a few minutes, there's no reason why Diana should be incapacitated by them.

I mean with Diana doing bullets and bracelets it should just because of her training not because she is worried about getting hit.

Honestly trying to deflect bullets just seems like common sense. How many opportunities have there been for someone to get a couple of kryptonite bullets in their gun and while firing at Superman, getting a shot in with a bullet that can actually kill him?

While Wonder Woman might survive a normal bullet whose to say she wont encounter someone with something nastier?

True. I mean her bracelets have blocked almost anything. They can block, create shields and send soundwaves

All-New Member

I don't know where else to say this but Rucka depowered Diana and Justice League, last year's not so great live action movie depowered her in the DC movie verse. It should be remembered that Diana was able to slice off Doomsday's right hand with her sword and briefly, at least, restrain Doomsday in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice and knock him back with her crossed arms a few dozen feet. I hope the WW1984 film does not depower her over last year's first WW live action film because of Justice League film. I like the character and am a long time follower of her but I prefer her powerset to be enough to give Superman an aching jaw from one of her punches.

Where did Rucka depower Diana? Many DC writers have gone back and forth on bullets with Diana

All-New Member

She no longer has the powers she had during the New 52 as a demigoddess. She would not be able to give Superman a run for his money in a fight. More vulnerable to bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by tweyandt711 View Post
    She no longer has the powers she had during the New 52 as a demigoddess. She would not be able to give Superman a run for his money in a fight. More vulnerable to bullets.
    She was able to do that before she was a demigoddess. Nothing of her New 52 incarnation showed she was anymore powerful than before.

All-New Member

The unfortunate Justice League live action movie made her much less powerful than Superman as he easily defeats her plus the other league members and she is unable to use her clasping her bracelets to generate the shockwave that gave Doomsday a problem in Batman v Superman. As for the comic, she doesn't show the strength she had in N52 and should have been able to give Darksied more trouble and killing off Zeus was another bad idea along with imprisoning the Amazons on Paradise Island and the Amazons lacking magical weapons, being limited to swords and spears and arrows to use against Ares? I don't like the current series but perhaps the new writer can straighten things out. I want Diana right up there as Superman's equal when it comes to combat with magical sword and shield as well as her own demigoddess powers which need expansion and development. Rucka threw out every good thing about the N52 by making that history just a bunch of Olympian lies and delusions much to my disdain just as the Batman/Catwoman non wedding was another slap in the face to the fans. I'm not buying Barman anymore because of that bait and switch tactic and if WW doesn't improve, I'll have to drop it too.

Diana has been shown equal to Superman multiple times in the comics. Diana has always had an edge with her skills in combat. Superman hasn't shown normally been shown to have has many combat skills has Diana. She already had that power. Her God state was the beresk mode. It's just DC has gone back and fort. I would love it if they kept the Amazons being advance tech wise

https://www.cbr.com/times-wonder-wom...tled-superman/

Quote Originally Posted by tweyandt711 View Post
    The unfortunate Justice League live action movie made her much less powerful than Superman as he easily defeats her plus the other league members and she is unable to use her clasping her bracelets to generate the shockwave that gave Doomsday a problem in Batman v Superman. As for the comic, she doesn't show the strength she had in N52 and should have been able to give Darksied more trouble and killing off Zeus was another bad idea along with imprisoning the Amazons on Paradise Island and the Amazons lacking magical weapons, being limited to swords and spears and arrows to use against Ares? I don't like the current series but perhaps the new writer can straighten things out. I want Diana right up there as Superman's equal when it comes to combat with magical sword and shield as well as her own demigoddess powers which need expansion and development. Rucka threw out every good thing about the N52 by making that history just a bunch of Olympian lies and delusions much to my disdain just as the Batman/Catwoman non wedding was another slap in the face to the fans. I'm not buying Barman anymore because of that bait and switch tactic and if WW doesn't improve, I'll have to drop it too.
    The one time we saw Diana take on Darkseid in the New 52 was when she had back up. We never saw her fight him one-on-one. And the New 52 didn't give any mystical weapons to the Amazons either. And what does the movie have to do with this?

All-New Member

Probably because I'm looking at both the comic book and live action film versions of WW. I rather liked the idea of the Amazons having magical and or advanced technology and able to leave their island. In the movies, she was able to give Doomsday a hard time, cutting off his hand, restraining him with the lasso, and hitting him with her crossed bracelets power of shockwaves. In Justice League, she is less powerful than Superman as he is able to resist her crossed bracelets shockwave power, holding it back and the whole team being so much less powerful than Superman. In the comics, the changed, once again, origin and the wholesale dumping of all N52 stories into Olympian lies and delusions with her unable to visit her sisters was a big screwup on Rucka and the editor's part. The N52 material should have been harmonized with Rebirth material instead of a retcon again just as the Batman wedding bait and switch tactic was lousy but I hope WW will improve with the new writer and there will be a change in editorial direction but question whether fans have much of an influence in these matters such as WW or Batman moving forward.

Incredible Member

I find Wonder Woman being vulnerable to bullets, even if she's only temporarily injured and heals extremely fast, to be annoying.

IF Diana is vulnerable to bullets, then she should be wearing a bullet-proof costume. Sure, she has her bracelets to block bullets, but it's foolish for a warrior to head into battle against any number of super powered threats when one of the lowest forms of threat (i.e. an ordinary human) can harm her if they have a gun.

As for Wonder Woman being invulnerable to bullets, but choosing to block them with her bracelets. That's fine by me. It could simply be due to her training and instincts. Or it could be because she doesn't want the bullets to ricochet off her skin / costume in an uncontrolled manner and strike an innocent bystander (or one of her fellow superheroes who isn't bulletproof).

Either option is fine with me. Frankly bullets shouldn’t be a threat to her even if she wasn’t bulletproof, thanks to her speed.