Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This wasn't good.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    By the reactions, I'm glad I skipped this. Ever since the first one, it was clear this guy is terrible at dialogue and characterization, oversimplifies stories, and completely hates Cyclops, and this looks a version of this on steroids.
    That's funny because he said Cyclops is his favorite to write for. I think oversimplifying stories was his goal

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The other odd thing I noticed is Rogue is wearing her Jim Lee costume more than 5 years before it was introduced.
    That was definitely on purpose, he is simplifying the costume eras and if you read the notes it acknowledges that none of the costumes are correct. Storm for example he obviously moved the mohawk to coincide with depowering.

Rogue is my favorite, she was okay. Would like to see her kick more ass, look forward to Genosha.

What else did you think? I think it'll be interesting to see him+the editor deal with Psylocke, since we're glossing over that lately...she even looks tan throughout in here...

edit: and what's with the story having nothing to do with the cover?!
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 05-29-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    That's funny because he said Cyclops is his favorite to write for. I think oversimplifying stories was his goal
    Simplifying is good, oversimplifying is bad; the former removes the elements that are convoluted or pointless, the latter robs the story of depth and complexity.

And he might like to write Cyclops, it doesn't mean he likes him, or he doesn't want to make him suffer; like I said in the other thread, have Jean be sleeping around with some dude at the same time she was in love and beginning to date Scott removes a lot of the depth of the romance, and was absolutely pointless, and have Beast rather than Scott be the one that tricked the Sentinels into killing themselves just robbed Cyclops of one of his greatest victories for absolutely no reason. And that's just from the top of my head, since I haven't read the story since it was released.

Well...

This issue was definitely worse than the previous ones. The dialogue was cringe-worthy.

Until now, Piskor did manage to condense a lot of plot on every issue in a natural way. But, for the first time, this one felt rushed and TOOMUCHINFOstopplease

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think the struggle to condense entire decades worth of stories, character relationships, crossovers and whatnot is now apparent, much moreso than it was at the beginning. I still enjoyed this latest issue but the challenge against the original material is just a mommoth task. Perhaps not coincidentally, my favorite issues were the first ones retelling the original team's adventures, which frankly weren't really that great, so creating a connecting tissue with what's coming up actually added some flavour to those early years. But this latest issue felt more like an illustrated Wikipedia summary.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man that was a lot of shrinkage in X-Tinction.

RIP Inferno.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    my favorite issues were the first ones retelling the original team's adventures, which frankly weren't really that great, so creating a connecting tissue with what's coming up actually added some flavour to those early years. But this latest issue felt more like an illustrated Wikipedia summary.
    Same. You guys are hitting the nail on the head.

I think it. would've been more enjoyable if maybe he focused this one more on letting the characters speak and feel things, and less on facts

feels like I'm watching a game of checkers now and doesn't matter who's talking. Again love the art though.

I enjoyed the latest issue and thought Ed is doing a pretty good job connecting the story together. The stickler part of me is a bit bothered by the innaccurate costumes, but I can forgive it because he's really doing a great job.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Good review. Issue was clunky. Costume changes is not what bothers me, the point was to simplify.

The preview for the Final Issue already looks better than this one, seems better paced and more character centered, not story. So I'm excited again.