Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2577
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Any company that large will have ways to release an employee outside of an employee breaching/violating a contract.
    Contracts are funny things. They are expected under the law to be fair for both sides.

It's entirely likely that a contract will forbid an employee from saying, publicly or even privately, "I think my employer sucks!" It would be quite unlawful for that contractual term to apply to the entire life history of the employee. In other words, the company couldn't fire the employee for something said while the contract was not in effect.

It is also possible that the company could include language in the contract that says the company can release the employee if the employee fails to reveal some part of their life - at any time - that may harm the company, such as a criminal history or even public comments about "I think this company sucks!" But in this case, the company always knew about the events under question, and it would be quite unlawful for them to fire him about them now.

Which is why, in the end, Disney spent weeks negotiating with Gunn for a financial settlement to get out of the contract that included using Gunn's script if they do decide to film the next movie, rather than just giving him the finger and booting him out the door. Contractually, they were unable to do that, but Alan Horn backed Disney into a corner where that sort of costly negotiation was the only way forward.

BANNED

Batista's former employers throwing shade

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Batista's former employers throwing shade

This whole story has proven how awesome Bautista actually is. We should all have a friend who is willing to stand by our side through thick and thin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This whole story has proven how awesome Bautista actually is. We should all have a friend who is willing to stand by our side through thick and thin.
    Where’s his cast mates?
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-01-2018 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED

Batista was on guest on Brit tv talk show Jonathan Ross. He talked a little about the Gunn situation, and how he wasn't a traditional hollywood guy, he calls it a "bitter, bitter" situation and is wondering whether or not he should still keep working with Disney.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...a-work-disney/

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Where’s his cast mates?
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Where’s his cast mates?
    I'm talking about after Disney announced they are not going to rehire Gunn.

I guess they have different priorities.
    Live true or lie well.

Astonishing Member

If he already hasn't I wish Gunn would talk in length to Bautista and thank him for all his support but it's time to stop it otherwise no studio will hire him again. It's okay for us to rant against this injustice but for the actors it's career suicide.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If he already hasn't I wish Gunn would talk in length to Bautista and thank him for all his support but it's time to stop it otherwise no studio will hire him again. It's okay for us to rant against this injustice but for the actors it's career suicide.
    He said himself he's not a traditional Hollywood guy. He's not gonna be the type who will be a good soldier.

He absolutely should not stop. He's one of the most genuine human beings I have ever seen in Hollywood.

Astonishing Member

Even if Bautista leaves the role and gets his blacklisted in Hollywood and he can always go back to wrestling and be fine.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Even if Bautista leaves the role and gets his blacklisted in Hollywood and he can always go back to wrestling and be fine.
    Bautista isn't going to get blacklisted. Any number of studios would love to have him, Warner Bros. at the top of the list. Warner Bros. is more than happy to steal talent from Disney.
    It wouldn't surprise me if WB were to even hire Gunn.

I have to admit Bautista kind of annoyed him with the he "Struggled and Starved" for 3 years before Gunn cast him in GOTG. He wasn't some young actor living out of his car waiting for his break he was a freaking Wrestling Star be grateful to Gunn but don't give the struggling and starving bull.

BANNED

I admire Bautista for standing up for what he believes.
    It is too bad his castmates has suddenly gone silent.