Page 38 of 172 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    An important point to remember is that outside comic book forums and some other things of that sort no one cares.

No one. It's not making any noise. Disney's image is not changed in the slightest by that.

Simple fact is that the general audience couldn't care less about it. (like, for real, as they don't even know)
    People know, but it's being ignored because it's from rapist and white supremacist Mike Cernovich.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I see you had no actual evidence or citations for your claims and had to edit all of it out.
    No, I just didn't want to start a large argument. Because, he will never come back. So, it does not matter. You might find better heroes to worship though.This is not about right and left.

Ultimate Member

Funny thing is that Disney actually appointed a convicted sex offender (Victor Salva) to make Powder.

Granted it was 1995 (and Powder was released under Hollywood Pictures) but Disney haven't in the past allowed their "child friendly image" interfere with their film making process.

That's not to say i'm trying to justify employing pedophiles, I'm just saying that Disney has a very questionable past regarding their creator employing process.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-02-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    He won't be invited back.
    I see you had no actual evidence or citations for your claims and had to edit all of it out.
    From Variety, but to note, it says "Unlikely", not definitive.

But, frankly, it would be great if Disney hired Taika Waititi to take over, only to find that Taika has inexplicably grown by two feet, favors wearing a long trenchcoat, and seems to have a strangely difficult time maintaining his balance while standing.

No, I just didn't want to start a large argument. Because, he will never come back. So, it does not matter. You might find better heroes to worship though.This is not about right and left.
    How about that, all of your 'facts' have proven to be faked by supporter of white supremacist convicted rapist Cernovich.

https://medium.com/@joninarebekka/th...d-f7ba23855a82

I'll highlight the relevant portion for you.

All of these have something in common. Those are all “fake retweets”, since twitter retweeting apparently just didn’t work like it does today, it would include the “retweet” mark in the beginning of the tweet: RT @twitterusername in the beginning of a tweet and then add the context to it from the following person. In this case, it was more like the equivalent of writing a funny facebook status on your friends news feed while he went to the bathroom for a couple of minutes.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

They don't want an investigation into how many pedophiles are really running Disney.
    Are you alleging that Bob Iger is a pedophile?

BANNED

Could rehiring Gunn jeopardise the Disney/Fox deal?
    If he is rehired, Fox News will have a field day with it.
    Fox News audience and commentators will put presser on Murdoch to pull out of the deal with Disney.

After seeing the troll's profile pic, I know I've been trying to argue with a far right racist.

~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Fox News audience and commentators will put presser on Murdoch to pull out of the deal with Disney.
    The amount of people who watch Fox news daily isnt enough to effect this deal. And then If you take out old people and only count the key demo. Not alot of people watching. That goes for all mainstream news though not just fox. Like isnt hannity there. Biggest show he averages less then 4mil viewers. That's less then Real time with Bill Maher and no one thinks his audience can effect a giant corporate buyout

Bill Maher a bad example though. HBO counts viewers across multiple platforms and for the first week. But you get what I'm saying still similar reach
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-02-2018 at 11:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The amount of people who watch Fox news daily isnt enough to effect this deal. And then If you take out old people and only count the key demo. Not alot of people watching. That goes for all mainstream news though not just fox. Like isnt hannity there. Biggest show he averages less then 4mil viewers. That's less then Real time with Bill Maher and no one thinks his audience can effect a giant corporate buyout

Bill Maher a bad example though. HBO counts viewers across multiple platforms and for the first week. But you get what I'm saying still similar reach
    I get what you’re saying

Fox News only even exists because stuff like Married with Children and The Simpsons made Fox enough money to start a news channel.

After seeing the troll's profile pic, I know I've been trying to argue with a far right racist.
    You are quite a jerk. I am not. It's a tiger shark morph. Typical though nowadays, this is not about politics no matter what you think. Personal attacks because, you love a pedophile. Creepy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Fox News only even exists because stuff like Married with Children and The Simpsons made Fox enough money to start a news channel.
    Fox News’ audience is ignorant.

How about that, all of your 'facts' have proven to be faked by supporter of white supremacist convicted rapist Cernovich.

https://medium.com/@joninarebekka/th...d-f7ba23855a82

I'll highlight the relevant portion for you.

All of these have something in common. Those are all “fake retweets”, since twitter retweeting apparently just didn’t work like it does today, it would include the “retweet” mark in the beginning of the tweet: RT @twitterusername in the beginning of a tweet and then add the context to it from the following person. In this case, it was more like the equivalent of writing a funny facebook status on your friends news feed while he went to the bathroom for a couple of minutes.
    They are not faked. Disney would not fire him, as a money-maker. You are a conspiracy nut. And who was he directing these tweets too? Who did he expect to enjoy them?

I’ll tell you a story about Murdoch. In 1998, Harper Collins the publishers, owned ultimately by Murdoch, was due to publish a book by Chris Patten, about his experiences as the last Governor of Hong Kong, before it was returned to China. That book contained criticisms of the Chinese government. At that time, Murdoch’s ambitions were concentrated on making inroads into the Chinese market.

Murdoch pulled it. The excuse was that that it was “boring” and “not up to professional standards” (pretty laughable given that as political memoirs go, it was one of the most interesting). There was an enormous fuss and eventually Harper Collins apologised https://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...rupert-murdoch And Murdoch, of course, went on to be very successful in China.

My point is this. To Murdoch it’s 1. His commercial interests and 2. Everything else.

He could not care less what the Fox audience or commentators might have to say.