Page 90 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2577
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I would wager a chocolate shake that over 95% of the people who saw the previous 2 Guardians movies could not identify Gunn's role with the films, particularly 6 months from now.
    I'd wager actual money that the people that are trying to down play the issue are the same people who agreed with Dunn being fired and we'll I could go on but won't. There was already one director today that went on record that they wouldn't be interested. I'd be more inclined to agree with that certain segment of fans when Marvel actually finds a replacement and all the cast shows up. I won't be buying any tickets period though and GotG has always been my favorite MCU franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The point was that Thor: The Dark World was not a good movie. That should not be what Marvel strives for with Guardians 3.
    Who believes they are doing so?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    I'd wager actual money that the people that are trying to down play the issue are the same people who agreed with Dunn being fired and we'll I could go on but won't
    Welll good thing you actually didn't wager money, because you would have lost it. I support Gunn.

It also got good PR before reviews came out. We forget now, but excitement for Solo was actually building, until people actually saw it.

No one is arguing that a movie is a sure thing. But I don't think you can reasonably predict that Guardians will fail because it's going through a few weeks of hell before pre-production has even begun.

Personally, I don't want any superhero movie to fail. Every superhero movie that fails has the potential to be the first movie to start an unwelcome trend. I support Gunn completely, but that doesn't mean I want Guardians to fail just so I can raise a middle finger to Disney.
    Disney messed up. They messed up bad. And I won't shed any tears if Guardians 3 pays the price for their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Who believes they are doing so?
    You should reread the conversation.

The point was that Thor: The Dark World was not a good movie. That should not be what Marvel strives for with Guardians 3.

It got mostly positive reviews. But it still had a troubled production. My point is that no movie is a sure thing. Not even a Star Wars movie.

And not even an MCU movie.
    I'm pretty sure marvel isn't striving for a movie that isn't good.

You should reread the conversation.
    I see a lot of "The sky is falling!"

While the situation is unfortunate, the call has been made. The idea that Disney is intentionally trying end up with a bad movie is largely(if not completely) unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm pretty sure marvel isn't striving for a movie that isn't good.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I see a lot of "The sky is falling!"

While the situation is unfortunate, the call has been made. The idea that Disney is intentionally trying end up with a bad movie is largely(if not completely) unfounded.
    Disney (or Alan Horn) would rather crap out a bad movie than admit they were wrong to fire Gunn.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

A demand that means nothing since Marvel doesn't have to accede to his demand.
    They did it for Natalie Portman.

Disney (or Alan Horn) would rather crap out a bad movie than admit they were wrong to fire Gunn.
    I'm pretty sure he would rather fire Gunn AND put out a good movie. I don't think he believes a good Guardians movie can only be made with Gunn.

That said, things are complicated. Whether or not marvel can rise above remains to be seen.

I'm pretty sure he would rather fire Gunn AND put out a good movie. I don't think he believes a good Guardians movie can only be made with Gunn.

That said, things are complicated. Whether or not marvel can rise above remains to be seen.
    Are you familiar with the egos of Hollywood executives? Because it doesn't sound like you are.

Are you familiar with the egos of Hollywood executives? Because it doesn't sound like you are.
    You can have an ego and still want movies which are good and make money. That is kind of the point.

You can have an ego and still want movies which are good and make money. That is kind of the point.
    This is a woefully naive take. Horn isn't making the movie. That's Feige's problem.

BANNED

More importantly, if you run a publicly traded company and are not trying to make money for the shareholders, you can go to jail. I've never known an ego so large it didn't consider both jail and greed as greater motivators. Not even our president can make that claim.at least not both of those things at the same time.

BANNED

Gunn isn’t the only director that can make good GOTG, Kevin Feige knows what he is doing and he will find the right director.
    The cast needs to shut up, because they signed the contract.

This is a woefully naive take. Horn isn't making the movie. That's Feige's problem.
    I thinks it's woefully naieve to assume they don't want the movie making money. Again, that's sort of the point.