Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2577
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, the point still stands.

She still made money off the situation because ABC didn't want to give up the show.
    They only did that to wash her off their hands.
    Something they hadn’t done with Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I can understand keeping the Conners because Roseanne Barr has nothing to don’t with it.
    But firing Gunn because of his tweets and still using his script doesn’t much make sense.
    James Gunn name will be credited as screenwriter.
    So, what was the point in firing him in the first place?
    Name tucked away in the credits, no press tour or Comicon panels. He'll be mostly invisible and the vast majority of people never cared, don't care now and won't care or even remember there was an issue to begin with when the credits roll years from now.
    Live true or lie well.

They only did that to wash her off their hands.
    Something they hadn’t done with Gunn
    I would imagine most of the people upset over Gunns actions will be satisfied that he was fired to the point where him just writing the script won't be a huge deal. But we'll see.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

And now he's apparently in talks to do Suicide Squad. I wonder if Disney will regret giving one of their most talented directors to the competition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    And now he's apparently in talks to do Suicide Squad. I wonder if Disney will regret giving one of their most talented directors to the competition.
    I'm pretty sure everybody at Disney regretted it long before now, except maybe the one guy that panicked, jumped the gun, and actually did it.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, I really do not think they care as much as certain fans do.

I don't think they regret it to the point where they're worried about it. For DC at this point, just not being terrible is probably a win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think they regret it to the point where they're worried about it. For DC at this point, just not being terrible is probably a win for them.
    Yep. Disney have way bigger fish to fry.

Told you all the as soon as Gunn was officially let go by Disney that Warner Bros. would hire him in a New York minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    If Roseanne owned the rights to the show, ABC would have found a way to keep her on the show rather than cancel it.
    ABC didn't actually make that call. Disney made that call and they made it right away
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    ABC didn't actually make that call. Disney made that call and they made it right away
    The reason "The Connors" is happening is because ABC actually bought the show for two years. Supposedly Roseanne agreed to donate royalties she's getting from the show to some charity.

I'm sure there's some regret at the way Disney letting Gunn go--but there's no shortage of talented directors in their stable. Similarly, they have more money making ideas they can actually produce--so even if Guardians 3 never gets made, their pocketbook won't suffer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm sure there's some regret at the way Disney letting Gunn go--but there's no shortage of talented directors in their stable.
    Guardians 3 is on indefinite hiatus. Which is a nice term for probably cancelled unless a miracle happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Guardians 3 is on indefinite hiatus. Which is a nice term for probably cancelled unless a miracle happens.
    They have to make room for XMen and/or F4

They have to make room for XMen and/or F4
    They can't legally start on those movies until the Fox/Disney deal is done. That means we wouldn't see the first MCU X-Men/F4 until at least 2021. (But probably closer to 2022/2023.)

Once again, pissing away a movie that would have been guaranteed hundreds of millions of dollars (as previous Guardians movies have done) is a poor way to run a business.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They can't legally start on those movies until the Fox/Disney deal is done. That means we wouldn't see the first MCU X-Men/F4 until at least 2021. (But probably closer to 2022/2023.)

Once again, pissing away a movie that would have been guaranteed hundreds of millions of dollars (as previous Guardians movies have done) is a poor way to run a business.
    I’m pretty sure Disney will be just fine without GOTG