Page 61 of 172 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Waiting to be called Hitler for that statement (maybe switch it up to Goebbels or Mengele, the Hitler insult is very overdone)

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Nazi's are against Muslim terror, that doesn't all of a sudden make me pro ISIS. Maybe sticking to principled arguments is better than on the basis of group think?
    Nazis are against Muslims period. They don't differentiate.

Don't defend Nazis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

So Gunn had a crystal ball and knew making tasteless jokes would get him fired 10 years later even though the company that hired him knew about the jokes when they hired him but they hired him anyway.
    Gunn was able to predict that some nazi would use it against him because Gunn dared speak bad about Mein Fuhrer.
    Common sense should have told him that the outrageous tweets would comeback and bite him one day.

The company should treat Nazis just like their characters do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Nazis are against Muslims period. They don't differentiate.

Don't defend Nazis.
    A Nazi tells me staying in a burning building is a bad idea, I'm not going to do the opposite to spite them. That doesn't mean I endorse that ideology just because I agree with one of them on something unrelated to Nazism. This group think, polarized politics political divide is what led to so much dirt being dug up on Gunn in the first place. It is not a good practice. Richard Spencer is also against free speech and his speech can get shut down. If he's not in favor of it, he doesn't deserve it's protections

BANNED

Mudding the water with Depp, Nazis, Cernovich, Atl-right.
    Doesn't change the fact that Gunn's own tweets is the only reason for his firing.

A Nazi tells me staying in a burning building is a bad idea, I'm not going to do the opposite to spite them. That doesn't mean I endorse that ideology just because I agree with one of them on something unrelated to Nazism. This group think, polarized politics political divide is what led to so much dirt being dug up on Gunn in the first place. It is not a good practice. Richard Spencer is also against free speech and his speech can get shut down. If he's not in favor of it, he doesn't deserve it's protections
    You're going a long way to try to say "both sides" when one of those sides is a Nazi. You may want to rethink that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Mudding the water with Depp, Nazis, Cernovich, Atl-right.
    Doesn't change the fact that Gunn's own tweets is the only reason for his firing.
    Disney was fine with the tweets until Cernovich published them. Disney is just being hypocritical because it now makes them look bad for hiring him even they already knew about the tweets at the time he was hired.

Incredible Member

You're going a long way to try to say "both sides" when one of those sides is a Nazi. You may want to rethink that.
    That is not what I said, I will reclarify. If a Nazi says murder is wrong, I'm not going to say the opposite when I know that is incorrect. Fanatical, politically divisive partisanship led to this situation exploding and many others, it is not a good practice irregardless of political leaning, it's salem type justice. People who don't support free speech do not deserve it's protections, it's called karma

Where does Disney draw the line? Working with and signing petitions in favor of an actual child rapist is fine with Disney apparently. Making paedophilia jokes isn't.

Would making jokes about people who worked with and signed petitions in favor of an actual child rapist be a no-no and get you fired?

The Academy awarding an actual rapist with multiple academy awards doesn't make Disney not want academy awards. Au contraire, mon ami, they want them badly.

Could it be that Disney really doesn't give a **** until the dirt is exposed too broadly?
    Live true or lie well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Disney was fine with the tweets until Cernovich published them. Disney is just being hypocritical because it now makes them look bad for hiring him even they already knew about the tweets at the time he was hired.
    Repeat, doesn't change the fact that Gunn's own tweets is the only reason for his firing.

People who don't support free speech do not deserve it's protections, it's called karma
    As a thought that's fine. But desert doesn't enter into it. We don't mete out who gets free speech.

That is not what I said, I will reclarify. If a Nazi says murder is wrong, I'm not going to say the opposite when I know that is incorrect. Fanatical, politically divisive partisanship led to this situation exploding and many others, it is not a good practice irregardless of political leaning, it's salem type justice. People who don't support free speech do not deserve it's protections, it's called karma
    Nazis have murdered millions of people over many years.

Nazis murdered Heather Heyer in 2017.

You're going a long way to say "both sides" when one of those sides are Nazis. It's not a good look.

Incredible Member

Nazis have murdered millions of people over many years.

Nazis murdered Heather Heyer in 2017.

You're going a long way to say "both sides" when one of those sides are Nazis. It's not a good look.
    What part of something that's true is true despite who says it and being a fanatic is bad period is unclear here? Those are not pro Nazi positions.

What part of something that's true is true despite who says it and being a fanatic is bad period is unclear here? Those are not pro Nazi positions.
    You're arguing "both sides" when one of those sides are Nazis. It's disgusting and you should stop. It is not a good look.