Page 153 of 172 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure. All I am saying is just because you consider it a mistake doesn't mean they do. There may be circumstances or consequences you and I are unaware of, and they may be judging the situation by an entirely different set of criteria than us.

Again, they made the call and they doubled down on it. To them, by whatever stardard they feel like using, it seems like the right call. And in this instance their opinon might be all that REALLY matters since it's their money and their movie.
    This works the other way too.

If there weren't people vocally saying Disney made a mistake, do you think WB/DC would have rushed to hire Gunn to do a film?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This works the other way too.

If there weren't people vocally saying Disney made a mistake, do you think WB/DC would have rushed to hire Gunn to do a film?
    Probably, because quite frankly I think there's merits to the argument that DC is looking to get any marvel scraps it can.

Probably, because quite frankly I think there's merits to the argument that DC is looking to get any marvel scraps it can.
    I think your fanboyism is showing.

I think your fanboyism is showing.
    Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure what I said still isn't true. If DC can snag any successful marvel director they can, they probably will. you can frankly make the argument the ONLY really successful DCU director has been the one they snagged from marvel (though Whedon proves that formula hardly has a 100% success rate).

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure what I said still isn't true. If DC can snag any successful marvel director they can, they probably will. you can frankly make the argument the ONLY really successful DCU director has been the one they snagged from marvel (though Whedon proves that formula hardly has a 100% success rate).
    Jenkins didn't actually make a movie for Marvel.

May bad... she was supposed to do Thor, right?

But we'll see. Again, me arguing that DC wants to snag marvels scraps is purely subjective. Maybe they don't. I do think if nothing else they want a director with a successful track record at super hero movies who quite possibly lure in more fans from their previous marvel work? But maybe I'm wrong and Gunn is the only marvel director they would have any interest in. I know there are a couple I'd snag if I were DC and I could... especially considering their current track record isn't great. But DC still has a few on deck who can perhaps turn things around. We'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    GOTG3 is not going to make a billion for Disney.
    The first movies together didn’t make a billion.
    GOTG 1 and 2 together:
    Box office $1.3 billion
    Budget. ~$360million
    Marketing ~$150 million
    Theater cut ~$650 million
    Disney profited ~$440 for both movies together
    That’s not counting any backend deals.
    I'm pretty sure Disney would agree that they'd be up to a half a billion dollars finer with Guardians 3.

BANNED

She left Thor 2 due to creative differences or something like that.

Which sucked for Natalie Portman because the only reason she showed up for Thor 2 at all is because Jenkins was directing it.

May bad... she was supposed to do Thor, right?

But we'll see. Again, me arguing that DC wants to snag marvels scraps is purely subjective. Maybe they don't. I do think if nothing else they want a director with a successful track record at super hero movies who quite possibly lure in more fans from their previous marvel work? But maybe I'm wrong and Gunn is the only marvel director they would have any interest in. I know there are a couple I'd snag if I were DC and I could... especially considering their current track record isn't great. But DC still has a few on deck who can perhaps turn things around. We'll see.
    Patty Jenkins was supposed to do Thor: The Dark World, but left the project after less than two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She left Thor 2 due to creative differences or something like that.

Which sucked for Natalie Portman because the only reason she showed up for Thor 2 at all is because Jenkins was directing it.
    Right. My point is Jenkins didn't actually direct a Marvel movie. And Wonder Woman is easily the best of these DC movies since they started their own shared universe.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-11-2018 at 06:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm pretty sure Disney would agree that they'd be up to a half a billion dollars finer with Guardians 3.
    Now you started to get it, but you still talking about only a half of billion for two movies.
    GOTG hasn’t make a billion after two movies, Disney won’t miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Now you started to get it, but you still talking about only a half of billion for two movies.
    GOTG hasn’t make a billion after two movies, Disney won’t miss it.
    LOL. This is a really laughable take on the whole thing.

"Oh, those Guardians movies aren't that big."

BANNED

I’m saying GOTG is not as big as he said it was.

Well, let's get real for a minute.

Which one is the better potential investment?

A third "Guardians" film where it feels like a chapter was going to end, or putting the money into other properties that could turn out another couple of profitable films?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, let's get real for a minute.

Which one is the better potential investment?

A third "Guardians" film where it feels like a chapter was going to end, or putting the money into other properties that could turn out another couple of profitable films?
    This is a dumb take.

Let's take a look at the top 10 grossing MCU movies (World Wide unadjusted)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...d=avengers.htm

1 Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,046.6
    2 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8
    3 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4
    4 Black Panther BV $1,346.9
    5 Iron Man 3 BV $1,214.8
    6 Captain America: Civil War BV $1,153.3
    7 Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony $880.2
    8 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 BV $863.8
    9 Thor: Ragnarok BV $854.0
    10 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $773.3

Disney isn't losing sleep over this. Would they have preferred if this Gunn news hadn't happened so they could move on with Guardians 3.........absolutely.

But it has and Disney has acted accordingly for them as they have consistently done over the years. They have so many properties, so many other potential films. So much money coming in from every possibly media platform and genre. They either make Guardians 3 or plug something else in. They turned Antman into a success. Captain Marvel is going to be a success.....most people don't even know who Captain Marvel is. Hell thanks to the Disney hype train it might not even need to be that good.

I do get there is frustration over this story not getting the conclusion it would have with Gunn, but this isn't going to be what Disney loses sleep over. There is some legitimate concern over the direction fo Star wars and the audience seems kind of split with the last few films (to stopping Disney from making boatloads).
    The J-man