Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Why did they wait that long? Why did they hire him in the first place?
    Because like any scandal it's less about what the person did and if they're a liability. When was hired Gunn most didn't know about his past tweets so he wasn't a liability and he made them tons of money now the vast majority knows and a company that most of what they produce it aimed at kids don't need one for their biggest brands connected to a guy who the public now knows made pedophilia jokes.

Rosanne wasn't fired because of racism she's been making Xenophobic and Racist comments for a few years now since 9/11 basically. She was fired because the public lashed onto one recent racist comment and now it was going to cost ABC and Disney money. Same with Gunn it's always about Money Hollywood will protect you no matter your sins if they think you can make them money and throw you to the wolves if they think you will cost them money end of story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    All it means is that someone with thousands of tweets didn't remember a couple of ones he made a decade ago.
    I would suppose that if someone mined my Twitter history, they could find some tweets I'm not proud of anymore. I don't specifically remember any of them, but if you really want to spend the time, my twitter is @ajbopp

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I would suppose that if someone mined my Twitter history, they could find some tweets I'm not proud of anymore. I don't specifically remember any of them, but if you really want to spend the time, my twitter is @ajbopp
    I bet your pass tweets wasn’t “joking” about rape or pedophilia.
    Am I’m right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Come on I 100% believe Gunn was just trying to get rise out of people back in those days and never meant anything serious by it. But Pedophilia even joking is different then any on other type "sex jokes or vulgarity" especially for a corporation where most of it's product is targeted at Children.
    They're buying Fox . . . which - unless there is something I don't understand about that - includes Family Guy, a show with a 20-year-long running pedo joke. (And there's no way MacFarlane's own mouth passes the standard being alleged here.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They're buying Fox . . . which - unless there is something I don't understand about that - includes Family Guy, a show with a 20-year-long running pedo joke. (And there's no way MacFarlane's own mouth passes the standard being alleged here.)
    I agree with Gunn getting fired.
    I also agree that Disney are hypocrites.

Are they going to write the Quagmire and John Herbert characters out of Family Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I agree with Gunn getting fired.
    I also agree that Disney are hypocrites.

Are they going to write the Quagmire and John Herbert characters out of Family Guy?
    But you must think they should fire MacFarlane from Family Guy and cancel The Orville.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And Family Guy won't be on their PG-13 Streaming Service unlike Marvel. Besides just the films there are cartoons, toys, amusement parks, all aimed at kids with Marvel do you seriously don't see the difference and why a company wouldn't want pedo jokes tied to that brand?

And Family Guy won't be on their PG-13 Streaming Service unlike Marvel. Besides just the films there are cartoons, toys, amusement parks, all aimed at kids with Marvel do you seriously don't see the difference and why a company wouldn't want pedo jokes tied to that brand?
    No.

Because it's a failure to allow someone working on a "family friendly" property to have work - or more importantly, a personality - outside that world. Marvel, frankly, is really really not as family friendly as people like to thing. I have a lot of problems with how adult some of the content of the mainstream comics has been in the past.

Also, Jack Posobiec has said on his Twitter that they had already gone and captured the tweets of a number of future targets before the Gunn thing broke. They're just waiting to time them for maximum impact. This very much has functioned as a test run. Allowing them to dictate these terms now will likely leave these companies in an indefensible position later when they have too many people in too many positions breaking these rules they've agreed to post hoc. They won't be able to argue they're not part of the problem. They can't offload it all.
    Last edited by Tuck; 08-18-2018 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But you must think they should fire MacFarlane from Family Guy and cancel The Orville.
    No, they can’t fire him, because MacFarlane humor has been already approved by Fox’s network censors and broadcast by Fox.
    Disney didn’t approve nor broadcast Gunn’s tweets.

No.

Because it's a failure to allow someone working on a "family friendly" property to have work - or more importantly, a personality - outside that world. Marvel, frankly, is really really not as family friendly as people like to thing. I have a lot of problems with how adult some of the content of the mainstream comics has been in the past.

Also, Jack Posobiec has said on his Twitter that they had already gone and captured the tweets of a number of future targets before the Gunn thing broke. They're just waiting to time them for maximum impact. This very much has functioned as a test run. Allowing them to dictate these terms now will likely leave these companies in an indefensible position later when they have too many people in too many positions breaking these rules they've agreed to post hoc. They won't be able to argue they're not part of the problem. They can't offload it all.
    Let's be real 90% of companies will drop any employee the moment they're connected to bad PR which can cost the company money and that's what happened to Gunn. Gunn didn't even take it personal he knew it was business because he worked in Show Business.

As for the people who targeted Gunn they're scum but also I'm a centrist I agree with the left on issues and the right and I hate both the Democratic and Republican parties and despise the far right and far left. So yeah again they're scum but the left has used Social Media too to attack people welcome to the age of Social Media it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    No, they can’t fire him, because MacFarlane humor has been already approved by Fox’s network censors and broadcast by Fox.
    Disney didn’t approve nor broadcast Gunn’s tweets.
    That makes no sense.

He wasn't working for Disney when he tweetedthose things.

If past pedophilia jokes are grounds for firing, then that should hold for anyone.

Now Disney may not do that,but since you completely agree that firing Gunn was appropriate, you must also want MacFarlane fired. No matter what Disney actually does.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The article Bautista has linked to multiple times should be required reading for this topic.

https://screenrant.com/disney-not-re...arvel-mistake/

Disney Not Rehiring James Gunn is a Big Mistake for Marvel (And Beyond)

It seems all but certain that Disney won’t rehire James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 after his controversial firing, something which is a bigger and bigger mistake for Marvel.

Disney and Marvel’s decision to fire director James Gunn from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was controversial from the start. While Gunn’s history of offensive tweets proved stomach churning for many, so did the bad faith way that they were exposed to the world. It’s less than a month since the story broke but in that time a lot has changed, and the magnitude of the problem has become increasingly difficult for Disney to ignore.

Calls from fans, industry figures and cast members alike for Marvel to rehire Gunn have grown, but while rumors swirled that a U-turn could happen, the latest word suggests it’s highly unlikely. It’s not just a bad business mistake on the part of Marvel and Disney: it’s a potentially destructive precedent for one of the world’s most powerful entertainment corporations to set.
    (More at the link.)

Retired

Alachia says everything I would want to say and does it better than I ever could.

So yeah again they're scum but the left has used Social Media too to attack people welcome to the age of Social Media it sucks.
    While true, this isn't a justification for accepting that this is how the world is now.

On the one hand, I like the idea that people should at least behave as well as they would if they were saying these things in person. But in a world where more and more of what we do and say is permanently documented, we need to be far more understanding than we were in pre-digital times . . . and we're going the opposite direction. It's poisonous to a functioning society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Alachia says everything I would want to say and does it better than I ever could.
    The video is 22 minutes. Can we sum it up or link to most relevant parts?