Page 142 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2577

If you are going to assert that something like that is the case, it is going to require something more than "Just Take It On That I Am Telling You That It's How It Is..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Raider, just about every single thing you've said in this topic has been wrong.

You've showed us time and time again that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Just, for once, listen to people.
    Some people don't care about being right, they just care about getting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I don’t think you know, you gave an example from Wikipedia (of all places) that has nothing to do with multi-movies deals.
    It was to show you the definition of" pay or play". Obviously you didn't understand that either.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think Howard had a multi-picture deal. The deals for Iron Man 1 were for one movie with an option. Downey was paid $500,000 for IM 1 and $10 million of IM 2. It was the success of Iron Man that lead to the go ahead for the MCU and the signing of multi-picture deals with the new actors. Which is why the GOTC actors probably have Pay or Play deals. Of course they will lose outon any profit share they may have had if GOTG 3 doesn't go forward.
    So I guess that's what I am asking when we see something like "Chris Evans signed for 6" is it really 6? Or is it like 3 movies with 3 options? Like I saw Paul Rudd once explain that he signed a deal that's basically "three-plus-plus-plus" which is 6 but is that three plus three options?

Again...in the end...it doesn't matter but I saw this topic taking off and it piqued my interest, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The key in that language is "expired." They held off making the film for so long that the terms of the contract were no longer valid. Contract will usually say an actor signs on for X movies or until 2021, whichever comes first. That sort of thing. A studio can't hold an actors rights in perpetuity.
    Ok now THAT makes sense. So then, for instance, Disney would have to wait until the expiration date of those contracts to do GotG3, if they wanted to hire a new Drax without paying off Bautista.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

never mine
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Ok now THAT makes sense. So then, for instance, Disney would have to wait until the expiration date of those contracts to do GotG3, if they wanted to hire a new Drax without paying off Bautista.
    So, Disney wait until the expiration date for GOTG, meaning the cast wont get paid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The key in that language is "expired." They held off making the film for so long that the terms of the contract were no longer valid. Contract will usually say an actor signs on for X movies or until 2021, whichever comes first. That sort of thing. A studio can't hold an actors rights in perpetuity.
    What happens after the expiration date?
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-12-2018 at 10:33 AM.

So, Disney wait until the expiration date for GOTG, meaning the cast wont get paid.
    Disney made 4 BILLION Dollars from MCU ticket sales alone not including merchandising even if they let the entire cast to GOTG Vol. 3 and they have to pay them it will not break a bank. I'm not saying they will but worst case scenario it's still making a mountain out of ant hill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Disney made 4 BILLION Dollars from MCU ticket sales alone not including merchandising even if they let the entire cast to GOTG Vol. 3 and they have to pay them it will not break a bank. I'm not saying they will but worst case scenario it's still making a mountain out of ant hill.
    It depends on the actor contract, some actors sign good deals and some sign bad deals.
    I'm sure if a movie is never made, there might be some compensation, but it"s not going to be close to money if the movie was made.
    No company is going to give away millions for nothing.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-12-2018 at 11:40 AM.

It depends on the actor contract, some actors sign good deals and some sign bad deals.
    I'm sure if a movie is never made, there might be some compensation, but it"s not going to be close to money if the movie was made.
    No company is going to give away millions for nothing.
    One they signed under Ike who was cheap two it's not giving away millions for nothing.

Contracts guarantee the actors will be available for the studio and will get paid for that availability. I hate to echo this but you seriously don't understand how contracts work look up golden parachutes.

Actually it will be close to the what the movie would have made, if not EXACTLY what the movie would have made, or else no actor would ever sign a multi-picture contract. There has to be something in it for the actor cause contracts usually have clauses about not starring in other movies to keep their schedule free. If a movie is never made for any reason that the actor couldn't control, he could have made money in the interim by starring in another movie with another studio, and as such its baked into the contract that they'll get paid regardless, i.e., pay or play.

I swear this has been explained no less than 50 times by now. And unless the actor's agent is a complete moron that agent will negotiate a contract exactly like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Actually it will be close to the what the movie would have made, if not EXACTLY what the movie would have made, or else no actor would ever sign a multi-picture contract. There has to be something in it for the actor cause contracts usually have clauses about not starring in other movies to keep their schedule free. If a movie is never made for any reason that the actor couldn't control, he could have made money in the interim by starring in another movie with another studio, and as such its baked into the contract that they'll get paid regardless, i.e., pay or play.

I swear this has been explained no less than 50 times by now. And unless the actor's agent is a complete moron that agent will negotiate a contract exactly like that.

So if 2 actors signs for 3 movie deal and one actor gets $10 million and the other gets $7 miilion for the second movie. But if the second is not made, are you saying the studio still has to pay this money to the actors?
    And the studio also has to pay the actors for the nonexistent third movie?
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-12-2018 at 12:33 PM.

So if 2 actors signs for 3 movie deal and one actor gets $10 million and the other gets $7 miilion for the second movie. But if the second is not made, are you saying the studio still has to pay this money to the actors?
    You can try and move goalpost and add new stuff it won't change what I and others have said. YES, whether you like it or not that's how it works. You're looking at it as a "nonexistent movie" instead of paying for their availability. The contracts make sure you don't keep an actor waiting for a movie that doesn't happen when they could have been elsewhere with another studio actually making a movie that did. I and others can't explain it any plainer than that. If a studio does that, there's a financial repercussion. Just like studios aren't a charity, actors aren't in it for charity either.

Yes.

For example, Marlon Wayans was cast as Robin for Batman Returns. He ended up getting cut from the script. They still had to pay him for the movie.