Page 81 of 172 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You make it sound like there's hundreds of them instead of a handful.
    There was enough to make people go why joke so much about that and that's the problem. One or two jokes the public can excuse as bad attempts at humor but he had at least a dozen or so that makes people wonder. Personally none of them offended me and I believe you can joke about anything I don't believe there should be limits on comedy even bad comedy personally I can even have a dark sense of humor but I'm also not the general public.

I support James Gunn in his future ventures and I believe he got screwed and don't like the people who targeted him but I also totally understand Disney's decision as a company to let Gunn go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Can we please not act like Pedophilia doesn't have a unique stigma to it. It's the one crime once accused even if falsely it will ruin your life people don't care about therapy, doing your time, or whatever like other crimes they just want you gone even if an accusation just to be safe when it's pedophilia related. Sadly I again 100% believe Gunn was just a provocateur and nothing else but going forward when ever his name is mentioned a large part of the general public will think "Why so many pedophile jokes? You know where there's smoke there's fire" and when you have a brand like Marvel that is being targeted primary at families and kids you don't want pedophilia in the conversation.
    Never mind that we are talking about a situation where the guy seems to have thought that clergy sexually abusing children was also a joking matter.

You start adding those up...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that we are talking about a situation where the guy seems to have thought that clergy sexually abusing children was also a joking matter.
    I can't even think of a comedian that hasn't made jokes about that.

You start adding those up...
    Why haven't the police arrested him yet?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    He was fired because his tweets “joked” about rape and pedophilia.
    Bottom line
    No he wasn’t. The tweets were a news story years ago when he was first hired by Disney. They didn’t matter then. He’s getting fired because of whose pushing it and that it’s became a more notable bewsstory and was being used against Disney. It was the reaction. Not the content

Extraordinary Member

The millions of families who parents now know the Guardians director a film they take their kids too make Pedo Jokes and they won't research deeper than that they never do but if they did they'd learn one of those "jokes" involved an sex act between a child and the Giving Tree a name once used to describe Groot. Cernovich is scum but it doesn't change the position Disney was on once the general public learned of Gunn's past tweets.
    Yeah I’m sure those millions of parents won’t take their kids to see Frozen 2 or to Disney World. These things get blown out of proportion and everyone thinks a boycott is around the corner. People don’t give a **** as long as it isn’t in the entertainment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukki View Post
    Ugh... I can't believe this is still getting so much attention. It's time to move on, for everybody.
    People here are just too dig into their arguments. You can see that by how crazy the people defending Depp during those comparisons are. From blatant lies that she dropped the accusation to saying that it’s oksy to infer Gunn is a pedophile (a crime nobody contends he committed) by the same standard. It’s a result of people being too bought in and twisting things to fit their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yeah I’m sure those millions of parents won’t take their kids to see Frozen 2 or to Disney World. These things get blown out of proportion and everyone thinks a boycott is around the corner. People don’t give a **** as long as it isn’t in the entertainment.
    What is it with comparing Apples and Oranges? Disney is a multifaceted companies with hundreds of IP's, Parks, and Companies they don't all have the same fans, standards, or blowback. Of course this won't affect Frozen 2 or any Disney/Pixar film it won't affect Lucasfilm either. But it will affect Guardians 3 people didn't care who directed the sequels to other Marvel films so there is no downside to replacing Gunn there is a downside to releasing Guardians 3 with the "Pedo Director". It's not right that people will think that but they will that's the issue and between the films, cartoon, toys, and merchandising especially Groot and Rocket Disney makes at least a billion off Guardians alone and yes Gunn was a big reason for that but now he's a danger to that and not Disney or any company would take the risk of hurting that brand for one person even someone who helped make and define the brand.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-19-2018 at 06:24 AM.

BANNED

While I can see folks having this point of view, do you really think it would have just gone away had Disney declined to fire Gunn?
    I don't see any rationale way it would not have gone away. Disney created the controversy, not Gunn. They contributed more to it than Cernovich, in fact.

Extraordinary Member

What is it with comparing Apples and Oranges? Disney is a multifaceted companies with hundreds of IP's, Parks, and Companies they don't all have the same fans, standards, or blowback. Of course this won't affect Frozen 2 or any Disney/Pixar film it won't affect Lucasfilm either. But it will affect Guardians 3 people didn't care who directed the sequels to other Marvel films so there is no downsize to replacing Gunn there is a downsize to releasing Guardians 3 with the "Pedo Director". It's not right that people will think that but they will that's the issue and between the films, cartoon, toys, and merchandising especially Groot and Rocket Disney makes at least a billion off Guardians alone and yes Gunn was a big reason for that but now he's a danger to that and not Disney or any company would take the risk of hurting that brand for one person even someone who helped make and define the brand.
    First off nobody but some unhinged people in this thread that are making some pretty bad arguments are labeling Gunn as a Pedophile, so it’s disengenous to say he has that label to the mainstream. Second most people by and large don’t pay attention to these things. Third the mainstream consensus is against the firing as of right now and I’ve seen more people bitching about it than defending it. So you are talking about a small minority of people that satisfy the requirements of being a fan of the first two films, that keep up on this stuff, that got way too offended and weighed their distaste for some tweets over the films. Aka it’s probably effecting a small minority vs taking the popular director of two popular films away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't see any rationale way it would not have gone away. Disney created the controversy, not Gunn. They contributed more to it than Cernovich, in fact.
    Yup. You know how I know? Because this was a story once and it went away.... weird right? Like this exact same thing happened and Disney didn’t get rid of Gunn and people moved on and the movies made bank. The reason it might not go away and why it’s a bigger story right now is because he got fired and it created this shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Cernovich is scum but once the general public learned the Director of one of the biggest franchises GOTG which is part of arguably the biggest franchise right now the MCU a franchise targeted at Families and Kids made numerous Pedophile jokes this was never going away. This had politics, sex, save the children angle, and Hollywood this was a clickbait tabloid media fantasy come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yup. You know how I know? Because this was a story once and it went away.... weird right? Like this exact same thing happened and Disney didn’t get rid of Gunn and people moved on and the movies made bank. The reason it might not go away and why it’s a bigger story right now is because he got fired and it created this shitstorm.
    No it didn't what came to light before was accusation of racist and homophobic comments from before not the Pedophile jokes. This wasn't going away and given the performance of Solo and troubles with Lucasfilm there was no way Disney was risking their Marvel Golden Goose.

Extraordinary Member

Cernovich is scum but once the general public learned the Director of one of the biggest franchises GOTG which is part of arguably the biggest franchise right now the MCU a franchise targeted at Families and Kids made numerous Pedophile jokes this was never going away. This had politics, sex, save the children angle, and Hollywood this was a clickbait tabloid media fantasy come to life.
    This was already a story when Gunn was first hired and people forgot about it. So no this scenario player put already and your hypothesis didn’t happen. Him getting fired made this story bigger.

Wait until Disney finds out what's in Sarah Silverman's act.