Page 39 of 172 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 2577
  1. #571
    Mighty Member Custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    After seeing the troll's profile pic, I know I've been trying to argue with a far right racist.
    You are quite a jerk. I am not. It's a tiger shark morph. Typical though nowadays, this is not about politics no matter what you think. Personal attacks because, you love a pedophile. Creepy.

  2. #572
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Fox News only even exists because stuff like Married with Children and The Simpsons made Fox enough money to start a news channel.
    Fox News’ audience is ignorant.

  3. #573
    Mighty Member Custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    How about that, all of your 'facts' have proven to be faked by supporter of white supremacist convicted rapist Cernovich.


    https://***********/@joninarebekka/th...d-f7ba23855a82

    I'll highlight the relevant portion for you.


    All of these have something in common. Those are all “fake retweets”, since twitter retweeting apparently just didn’t work like it does today, it would include the “retweet” mark in the beginning of the tweet: RT @twitterusername in the beginning of a tweet and then add the context to it from the following person. In this case, it was more like the equivalent of writing a funny facebook status on your friends news feed while he went to the bathroom for a couple of minutes.
    They are not faked. Disney would not fire him, as a money-maker. You are a conspiracy nut. And who was he directing these tweets too? Who did he expect to enjoy them?

  4. #574
    Mighty Member Coin Biter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Could rehiring Gunn jeopardise the Disney/Fox deal?
    If he is rehired, Fox News will have a field day with it.
    Fox News audience and commentators will put presser on Murdoch to pull out of the deal with Disney.
    I’ll tell you a story about Murdoch. In 1998, Harper Collins the publishers, owned ultimately by Murdoch, was due to publish a book by Chris Patten, about his experiences as the last Governor of Hong Kong, before it was returned to China. That book contained criticisms of the Chinese government. At that time, Murdoch’s ambitions were concentrated on making inroads into the Chinese market.

    Murdoch pulled it. The excuse was that that it was “boring” and “not up to professional standards” (pretty laughable given that as political memoirs go, it was one of the most interesting). There was an enormous fuss and eventually Harper Collins apologised https://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...rupert-murdoch And Murdoch, of course, went on to be very successful in China.

    My point is this. To Murdoch it’s 1. His commercial interests and 2. Everything else.

    He could not care less what the Fox audience or commentators might have to say.

  5. #575
    Spectacular Member MATBAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Didn’t he apologize for this stuff like two years ago?
    No if I remember correctly it was for some other comments he made.

  6. #576
    non-super & non-hero jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    You are quite a jerk. I am not. It's a tiger shark morph. Typical though nowadays, this is not about politics no matter what you think. Personal attacks because, you love a pedophile. Creepy.


    Well you say that but....
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

  7. #577
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Okay, Gunn will not be rehired, time to move beyond that.

    The questions now is what happens next.
    Will GOTG3 happen?
    Will the cast members quit?
    Will the cast member be welcome back.
    Will the cast be replaced?
    Who will be the new director?
    Could the present cast work well with the new director?

  8. #578
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Okay, Gunn will not be rehired, time to move beyond that.

    The questions now is what happens next.
    Will GOTG3 happen?
    Will the cast members quit?
    Will the cast member be welcome back.
    Will the cast be replaced?
    Who will be the new director?
    Could the present cast work well with the new director?
    GoTG3 will likely still happen, and the cast will return, but they'll return more because they're contractually obligated to. The cast members will be welcomed back -- they're not the target of any of this controversy.

    As for how it'll be handled/who's the new director/will the present cast gel with the new director -- that's all *wayyyyy* too far in the future to tell right now from just a Variety article.

    I will say, though, that most of the cast -- yes, including Pratt -- seem to be consummate professionals. They'll likely get along with the new director because not only is it the job, but like themselves, the new director isn't the target of the controversy. Just so we're clear, it wasn't Marvel, nor the producers, nor the new director, nor anyone directly involved in the creative process of GoTG that fired Gunn, but just a few suits. Marvel's likely going to try to find a director that they feel is qualified but can maintain what Gunn's built so far, akin to how the Russo Bros. essentially expanded on what Whedon built when he stepped down.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-02-2018 at 02:53 PM.

  9. #579
    Astonishing Member Coal Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Okay, Gunn will not be rehired, time to move beyond that.

    The questions now is what happens next.
    Will GOTG3 happen?
    Will the cast members quit?
    Will the cast member be welcome back.
    Will the cast be replaced?
    Who will be the new director?
    Could the present cast work well with the new director?
    Couldn’t give less of a shit. I won’t be seeing it if Gunn doesn’t direct it.

  10. #580
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I still don't understand how you think it's dead franchise because it's didn't make a billion. The vast bulk of successful films dont make a billion, most of the Marvel films don't even make a billion.
    I didn't say its a dead franchise because the second movie didn't make a billion dollars, I said the franchise is dead because James Gunn was fired. I just think the second film would have made a billion dollars if it had been good.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

  11. #581
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I don’t understand the pro-James Gunn people.
    He’s only 1 for 2 with this franchise anyway
    The first movie was great.
    The second movie was not all that good.

  12. #582
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is amazing.


  13. #583
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    While I don't condone the stuff Gunn tweeted, those were from years ago. Disney should've known that when they hired him. They would've done a background check on him, including his social media activity. And I believe he even apologized for those when it it was actually relevant.

    All of this is due to Gunn pissing somebody off and that person decided to dig up on his past and now Disney has to save face.

  14. #584
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Okay, Gunn will not be rehired, time to move beyond that.

    The questions now is what happens next.
    Will GOTG3 happen?
    Will the cast members quit?
    Will the cast member be welcome back.
    Will the cast be replaced?
    Who will be the new director?
    Could the present cast work well with the new director?
    The problem long term is that ideally bs moves like this from coward companies like Disney should lead to some negative consequences, but they are too powerful and own too much now to be ignored or blacklisted. The number of people who would swear off the entire panoply of marvel properties has to be a rounding error, so Disney can react just like a puppet on some alt right asshole strings and face no downsides from it.

    It would be nice if after the current contracts for the next movies the people were obligated to be part of, they chose not to return out of solidarity for Gunn. But I doubt that will happen.

  15. #585
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Okay, Gunn will not be rehired, time to move beyond that.

    The questions now is what happens next.
    Will GOTG3 happen?
    Will the cast members quit?
    Will the cast member be welcome back.
    Will the cast be replaced?
    Who will be the new director?
    Could the present cast work well with the new director?
    Who cares. Disney has screwed this franchise over by bowing to the alt right.

    Edit: They've also empowered the alt right to continue their harassment campaigns.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-02-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •