Page 92 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2577
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I agree that there are a lot of name directors who will not take the job because of this.

However, those types of directors do grow on trees. There are waaaaaaay more talented directors than there are movies for them.
    "Talented" and "right for this film" are not the same things.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    True but the real meat of the story comes from Perlman. Gunn's contributions are more the music and the humor which while appreciated do not make a good movie alone.
    Perlman deserves credit too, but Gunn contributed more than just the humor and music.

For starters, "Perlman said Gunn added the character of Nebula — one of Thanos' daughters, played by Karen Gillan (Doctor Who) — as a secondary villain and antagonist for Saldana's Gamora, and reconceived the character of Yondu (Michael Rooker) as a smuggler and Quill's outlaw father figure."

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Perlman deserves credit too, but Gunn contributed more than just the humor and music.

For starters, "Perlman said Gunn added the character of Nebula — one of Thanos' daughters, played by Karen Gillan (Doctor Who) — as a secondary villain and antagonist for Saldana's Gamora, and reconceived the character of Yondu (Michael Rooker) as a smuggler and Quill's outlaw father figure."
    It was James Gunn's idea to make Starlord so focused on music. Feige had originally wanted Starlord to be more of a pop culture junkie with darth vader action figures.

Just try to picture Guardians without it's 80s soundtrack. It wouldn't even be close to the same movie.

Yah the more I think about this, Disney could have kept him on but had him attend "sensitivity training" or some such. Oh well. The humor will be quite different I suspect in the next GotG movie, if it actually gets made.

I'd be happy with what we have even if the series is dead
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It was James Gunn's idea to make Starlord so focused on music. Feige had originally wanted Starlord to be more of a pop culture junkie with darth vader action figures.

Just try to picture Guardians without it's 80s soundtrack. It wouldn't even be close to the same movie.
    It's easy to picture that, because there's no 80s music in it. It's all 60s and 70s.
    Live true or lie well.

BANNED

I’m being a conspiracy theorist.
    I always thought it was strange that all of the cast died in IW except for a voice over character.
    Was Disney secretly planning to fired Gunn before IW was made?
    Did Disney kill off the cast because the they knew the cast would rebelled when they firing Gunn?
    Does Disney believe they don’t need GOTG because they now have XCU and F4 and using Gunn’s tweets as an excuse?

I’m for the firing of Gunn, but if Disney has ulterior motives to fire him, than I think the firing was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’m being a conspiracy theorist.
    I always thought it was strange that all of the cast died in IW except for a voice over character.
    Was Disney secretly planning to fired Gunn before IW was made?
    Did Disney kill off the cast because the they knew the cast would rebelled when they firing Gunn?
    Does Disney believe they don’t need GOTG because they now have XCU and F4 and using Gunn’s tweets as an excuse?

I’m for the firing of Gunn, but if Disney has ulterior motives to fire him, than I think the firing was wrong.
    No, half their franchises were killed off in A-IW 3.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Cross thread meta post: Now Gunn can direct the next Bond movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Idris Elba can take over as Drax too.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

No, half their franchises were killed off in A-IW 3.
    No, almost all of the GOTG is gone

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Idris Elba can take over as Drax too.
    he's already Heimdal, besides Batista's make up process is pretty intense I doubt Elba is up for it.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    No, almost all of the GOTG is gone
    I meant half of Marvel's franchise. Spider-Man, Dr Strange....

Gunn would be a horrible pick to direct a Bond movie. EON are a pain in the ass to work with.

I meant half of Marvel's franchise. Spider-Man, Dr Strange....
    Specifically the ones who haven't been in too many films are gone - that's the future of the MCU which got wished away. If anyone thinks those deaths are going to stick they are fooling themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Specifically the ones who haven't been in too many films are gone - that's the future of the MCU which got wished away. If anyone thinks those deaths are going to stick they are fooling themselves.
    I don’t think all will be saved. Spider Man, Dr Strange, Black Panther, The Wasp and Nick Fury will be the only ones saved.