Page 1 of 172 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default James Gunn dropped from GOTG 3

Gunn dropped over old offensive tweets https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-vol-3-1128786

WTF this is such a shame. I can't see anyone else taking over GOTG.

I've just read those offensive tweets and the bigger problem is they weren't funny.
    Last edited by jump; 07-20-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice to see how measured Disney is compared to Fox with Bryan Singer. This risks pretty much all the MCU Cosmic stuff being put on the back burner unless they think Taika can pick it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    This risks pretty much all the MCU Cosmic stuff being put on the back burner unless they think Taika can pick it all up.
    Plenty of talent out there. Not to say Taika couldn't or shouldn't contribute but he and Gunn aren't the only ones that can handle cosmic.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    WTF this is such a shame. I can't see anyone else taking over GOTG.

I've just read those offensive tweets and the bigger problem is they weren't funny.
    Agreed, but, it achieved the desired effect: smearing the reputation of someone who’s biggest crime was being a critic of Trump, which I suspect was the goal of The Daily Caller. Big names in Hollywood who just so happen to dislike, maybe even hate the Donald had better hope and pray they don’t have the sort of skeletons in their closet that Dunn had and can be dug up for the world to see.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

These better have been some truly horrendous tweets. If they are bad Jokes made 10years ago I dont understand the move. If they were beyond bad jokes and more like hate speech then I'm all for canning him. Hope they atleast let him finish the script and then let the new director come in and make some rewrites.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Plenty of talent out there. Not to say Taika couldn't or shouldn't contribute but he and Gunn aren't the only ones that can handle cosmic.
    Fair enough, but I worry now that a Ravagers or Nova movie, the stuff most likely to spin out of GOTG movies, are liable to be snuffed out. Never mind the soul of GOTG 3 feeling very different. Disney has gut punched far too quickly here.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Maybe they'll can those terrible jokes and forced humor in GOTG as well lol. I actually hate Ragnarok but i thought it's humor was a lil more natural than GOTG.

Disney is weird. Rosanne had said lots of awful stuff in the past but they gave her the benefit of the doubt until she said something new (which she ended up doing). Shouldn't Gunn similarly get a free pass until he does something new? Since all of this is like a decade old and he seems to have matured since then?

That said some of his comments were pretty bad, so meh guess it caught up to him.
    Last edited by dan12456; 07-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed, but, it achieved the desired effect: smearing the reputation of someone who’s biggest crime was being a critic of Trump, which I suspect was the goal of The Daily Caller. Big names in Hollywood who just so happen to dislike, maybe even hate the Donald had better hope and pray they don’t have the sort of skeletons in their closet that Dunn had and can be dug up for the world to see.
    I think his biggest crime was being a damned hypocrite but it still isn't a fire-able offense.

Either way this will blowup in Disney's/MCU face big time.

Astonishing Member

Well the jokes were pretty bad. Has anyone here ever felt the need for a good pedophilia joke? That's the dangers of social media though. You cant just say whatever you want whenever and still get jobs unless you are trump

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Well the jokes were pretty bad. Has anyone here ever felt the need for a good pedophilia joke? That's the dangers of social media though. You cant just say whatever you want whenever and still get jobs unless you are trump
    I'm personally REALLY considering disappearing from social media, or alternatively stay anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Need is a too strong of a word but I've made pedo jokes before. I remember one of the girls in my group of friends got a new boyfriend and it was always the same mundane chit-chat when it was just me and him talking one-on-one, on a night out one of us (genuinely can't remember who it was) made a pedo joke and the jokes and conversation have been much more free flowing between us since then. Although saying that both of our girlfriends lecturer us to stop with those jokes even when no one else is around.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is bullshit firing. Firing someone over decade old shitty jokes is asinine.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Outside of Tumblr (which i keep private), and Facebook, i don't do the social media thing that much. Especially now due to my career, even though i'm my own boss. Also all of the edge lord comedians are probably finished now, at least in terms of having major careers.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Well, Gunn isn't funny to begin with.