Page 145 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You're acting like Iger didn't make the decision to make a new Star Wars every year completely by himself with nobody else involved. Iger is the boss and Iger took responsibility with Star Wars.

With Gunn, he just went "other people made that decision, and I support their decision."

There's a difference.
    As for that bit, you are just flatly incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Their is no contrast.

If you make a call alone, you would naturally take the blame for a call that you made all buy yourself.

"Apple"/"Orange"
    No one making that statement is "Acting" like he didn't make the call alone. The statement in blue very clearly acknowledges that fact.

A different shade of black, maybe.

If you are saying that you support a decision, you have said "This call would have been the same if I was involved."

Never mind that he clearly emphasized that point by saying that he has not second guessed it.
    He's passing the buck on the Gunn decision. Just a blanket "I support their decision" follow-up. But he isn't taking responsibility. He made it very clear that firing Gunn was "their decision."

As for that bit, you are just flatly incorrect.

No one making that statement is "Acting" like he didn't make the call alone. The statement in blue very clearly acknowledges that fact.
    He's the leader. He takes responsibility for the decisions.

He takes responsibility for what happened with Star Wars. He doesn't take responsibility for Gunn or what happened.

He's the leader. He takes responsibility for the decisions.

He takes responsibility for what happened with Star Wars. He doesn't take responsibility for Gunn or what happened.
    No. He took responsibility for a call that he made alone. Which anyone would do with a call that they alone make.

No one would take sole responsibility for a call that they didn't make by themselves.

He's passing the buck on the Gunn decision. Just a blanket "I support their decision" follow-up. But he isn't taking responsibility. He made it very clear that firing Gunn was "their decision."
    If I'm understanding what you're saying, and correct me if I'm wrong...a boss has veto power. If others decided to fire Gunn, he could have said "no, he's staying put", but instead he's saying "hey others did it and I'm cool with it."

Also, let's just look at the specifics.

The James Gunn decision was brought to me as a unanimous decision of a variety of executives at the studio and I supported it.
    That sentence does not mean "They made the call while I stood by helpless". It means "Everyone was in agreement going in, and my support means that I did not disagree."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If I'm understanding what you're saying, and correct me if I'm wrong...a boss has veto power. If others decided to fire Gunn, he could have said "no, he's staying put", but instead he's saying "hey others did it and I'm cool with it."
    Vetoing Alan Horn is not that simple. Plus it was already a done deal before Eiger even knew about it. Horn made it very hard to undo this.

And Eiger made his support very wishy-washy and easy to walk back if he ever feels like it.

BANNED

Also, let's just look at the specifics.

That sentence does not mean "They made the call while I stood by helpless". It means "Everyone was in agreement going in, and my support means that I did not disagree."
    Kevin Feige certainly wasn't in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Kevin Feige certainly wasn't in agreement.
    He needs to get a studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Vetoing Alan Horn is not that simple. Plus it was already a done deal before Eiger even knew about it. Horn made it very hard to undo this.

And Eiger made his support very wishy-washy and easy to walk back if he ever feels like it.
    Right but I'm trying to figure where Kevinroc is going with this.

Carabas covered it pretty well.

Carabas covered it pretty well.
    Oh well in that case, if it wasn't his buck to pass (you said he was passing the buck) what should he have done? How can he take responsibility for something that's over his head since vetoing Horn isn't that simple?

Oh well in that case, if it wasn't his buck to pass (you said he was passing the buck) what should he have done? How can he take responsibility for something that's over his head since vetoing Horn isn't that simple?
    He is still the boss. That he ultimately took responsibility for Star Wars, but not for Gunn's firing, says a lot.

He is still the boss. That he ultimately took responsibility for Star Wars, but not for Gunn's firing, says a lot.
    No, it doesn't.

He took responsibility for his call about how something was timed. Which was solely his call.

Gunn's being cut loose was not solely his call. There is no even remotely logical scenario where he would take the same sort of sole responsibility for that.

BANNED

He going nowhere.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-20-2018 at 06:18 PM.