Page 73 of 172 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What would Disney have lost if they ignored Cernovich?
    You are kidding, right?

Disney was only going to get to decide if they wanted to get kicked with a "Left" or "Right" foot.

There is no scenario that would not have involved getting kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    As opposed to the millions of parents who know that Johnny Depp was accused of beating his wife up?

And the thing only blew up after Disney announced they were firing Gunn. The controversy would probably be over by now if they had just ignored it, but they just made it a bigger story and drew more attention to it. Not to mention if they're using his script his name will still be in the film.
    "Apple"/"Orange"

For what you are talking about to be "Apple"/"Apple", we would need some existing proof that Depp himself admitted was grounds for firing him.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Apple"/"Orange"

For what you are talking about to be "Apple"/"Apple", we would need some existing proof that Depp himself admitted was grounds for firing him.
    We're talking about what the parents think here. Depp's drama was all over the news, including photos of a bruised Amber Heard on the cover of People Magazine.

We're talking about what the parents think here. Depp's drama was all over the news, including photos of a bruised Amber Heard on the cover of People Magazine.
    Was Depp's drama an accusation, or something with proof that he himself admitted was indeed proof?

As opposed to the millions of parents who know that Johnny Depp was accused of beating his wife up?

And the thing only blew up after Disney announced they were firing Gunn. The controversy would probably be over by now if they had just ignored it, but they just made it a bigger story and drew more attention to it. Not to mention if they're using his script his name will still be in the film.
    I don't think Gunns name being on the script will really be a problem. Them firing Gunn is likely enough to quite the criticism from the people who may take offense to Gunn. They took action on the matter. Gunn was called out on his mistake, he apologized, and suffered the consequences for his actions. That aspect of the controversy likely will die down. I guess is had Disney done nothing it would have died down in the short term, but reared it's ugly head again when the movie was about to debut with Gunn doing the usual press for that sort of thing. I imagine that was Disneys biggest fear... hence them acting in the maner that they did.

They will still of course likely have to deal with controversy... but I think they are more in their comfort zone when they are defending the act of firing a person for telling pedo jokes than they are defending themselves for hiring someone who told pedo jokes.

BANNED

Was Depp's drama an accusation, or something with proof that he himself admitted was indeed proof?
    It was only an accusation by his ex-wife, but she now has drop the accusation.

depp had a messy public divorce, with accusations of domestic abuse. Amber had a video of a drunken angry Depp hurling a wine glass at her and photos of her appearing bruised. Even if he's totally innocent, it doesn't look good.

As jokerz said, the parents "won't research deeper than that."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It was only an accusation by his ex-wife, but she now has drop the accusation.
    She had photos and video, and when did she drop the accusation? Not to mention they're both still feuding in the media.

BANNED

I’m totally against pedophile jokes. But if an employer approves the jokes for their business model, that employer can’t justify firing that person for those same jokes.
    Much like with Gunn, McFarlane made those jokes while not working for Disney.

depp had a messy public divorce, with accusations of domestic abuse. Amber had a video of a drunken angry Depp hurling a wine glass at her and photos of her appearing bruised. Even if he's totally innocent, it doesn't look good.

As jokerz said, the parents "won't research deeper than that."
    Not "Looking Good" is different than "Yes, I posted that Tweet. Yes, it's probably grounds to fire me.", no?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Gunns name being on the script will really be a problem. Them firing Gunn is likely enough to quite the criticism from the people who may take offense to Gunn. They took action on the matter. Gunn was called out on his mistake, he apologized, and suffered the consequences for his actions. That aspect of the controversy likely will die down. I guess is had Disney done nothing it would have died down in the short term, but reared it's ugly head again when the movie was about to debut with Gunn doing the usual press for that sort of thing. I imagine that was Disneys biggest fear... hence them acting in the maner that they did.

They will still of course likely have to deal with controversy... but I think they are more in their comfort zone when they are defending the act of firing a person for telling pedo jokes than they are defending themselves for hiring someone who told pedo jokes.
    now they're just going to have to answer why they fired Gunn but not the actors with charges of domestic violence or sexual harassment.

BANNED

She had photos and video, and when did she drop the accusation? Not to mention they're both still feuding in the media.
    Apparently, she don’t see it as abuse

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

If Disney had defending Gunn, they would have taken some abuse and it would have hurt them a little.

However by ditching Gun,, not only did they still take abuse, but they showed their soft weak underbelly. People now know Disney will cave under pressure and talented people in the industry that they may have wanted working for them now know that Disney is perfectly willing to throw them under the bus at the first opportunity.

Not "Looking Good" is different than "Yes, I posted that Tweet. Yes, it's probably grounds to fire me.", no?
    Again, I was responding to a post about about how Disney was worrying about the public perception, or what the parents might think. so yes, "looking good" matters.

Apparently, she don’t see it as abuse
    Show me where she said that.