Page 65 of 172 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Hah. Not just them.

I know you're going to ignore that, and just repeat "But, but...Nazis!", but...well it's true.
    https://www.thewrap.com/mike-cernovi...f-rape-tweets/

I'm going to quote Cernovich. (Warning: This stuff is disgusting.)

“A whore will let her friend ruin your life with a false rape case. So why should I care when women are raped?”
    “Rape via an alpha male is different from other forms of rape. We can’t really understand this, as our culture is too detached from instinct.”
    “Online dating gives you the chance to test the hypothesis that ugly/fat/marginalized women have great personalities. They don’t.”
    “If possible, at least pull out your dick. If you can get her to touch it, even better. If not, just let her know that your cock is too swollen to go back into your jeans, and that, ‘Either you’re taking care of this, or I am.'”
    In a December 2011 post, “How to Choke a Woman,” Cernovich wrote that choking a woman during sex as
    “a useful indicator of your strength as a man.”
    “Women enjoy being choked during sex,” he argued. “It turns them on and gives them more powerful orgasms.”
    The hotter the sex, the more closely it resembles rape.
    The only rape culture is Muslim rape culture #TheTriggering
    Many whites in South Africa, who are being raped and slaughtered by blacks, want to come to the U.S. Even with skills, they are denied.
    I went from Libertarian to Alt-Right after realizing tolerance only went one way and diversity is code for White Genocide.
    That's your boy. In his own words.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They absolutely did the wrong thing. They should absolutely be dragged for this from now until they make things right.
    What's a higher priority? Romanticising the enabling of pedo culture and humour as a whimsical story of redemption in today's cultural climate, or ensuring the enabling of pedo culture and humour is not tolerated in today's cultural climate so the wrong people don't get any free passes for behaviour past and present?

Gee, let me think
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-17-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What's a higher priority? Romanticising the enabling of pedo culture and humour as a whimsical story of redemption in today's cultural climate, or ensuring the enabling of pedo culture and humour is not tolerated in today's cultural climate so the wrong people don't get any free passes for behaviour past and present?

Gee, let me think
    This is not about today though, it's about ten years ago. And I say that as as someone who is not ok with the jokes Gunn made.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe these people just need stop "joking" about raping kids and eating babies and they won't have this problem. Like seriously wtf is wrong with these guys and they want to take some sort of moral high ground while they're at it. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house it's an old lesson. Good for Disney finally someone standing up to these wackjobs.
    Disney is not standing up for anything though. They knew about the tweets long before this. They are only acting now because it became a public matter.

BANNED

https://www.thewrap.com/mike-cernovi...f-rape-tweets/

I'm going to quote Cernovich. (Warning: This stuff is disgusting.)

In a December 2011 post, “How to Choke a Woman,” Cernovich wrote that choking a woman during sex as

That's your boy. In his own words.
    Can you stop putting words in people's mouths, or otherwise misrepresenting what they say?

Mike Cernovich is shitty person. I've never said otherwise. Yes, "durr Nazi's have weaponized outrage"; guess what? So have non-Nazi's, including people on the total opposite of that spectrum.

Get over this "everything that disagrees with me is a Nazi sympathizer" and read what people are saying. It's making you look really dense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Eh . . . if you limit history to the history of social media, then maybe.

But this is old school "church lady" nonsense that goes back to the Hayes Code and the Comics Code Authority and obscenity laws and getting Mighty Mouse canceled because he's "on cocaine" (look it up . . . actual argument made against the show )

Just because there's been a recent "church lady" infection on the left side of the aisle, doesn't mean that's where this all originated. The hypocrisy is really anyone who plays this game.
    You're right but it still stands they pretty much created this monster now it's out of their control and being used against them. They have even targeted ppl on their side over frivolous things. It's just karma at this point, when you make it your business to come after ppl somebody's gonna come after you.

So the thread has fully turned into "you're pro-child rape" vs "you're pro-Nazism". The funny thing is the argument is over the belittlement the importance of the two subjects...
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    So the thread has fully turned into "you're pro-child rape" vs "you're pro-Nazism". The funny thing is the argument is over the belittlement the importance of the two subjects...
    You're very obviously pro jump.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You're right but it still stands they pretty much created this monster now it's out of their control and being used against them. They have even targeted ppl on their side over frivolous things. It's just karma at this point, when you make it your business to come after ppl somebody's gonna come after you.
    In Gunns case at least, he was a guy throwing stones from a glass house. So he at least can't complain about being targeted... and to his credit he's not. He understands how this works, and is accepting the consequences for his mistake very gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Gee, let me think
    If you don't believe people can change, just say so. Disney should obviously stop releasing movies or putting their name on projects where themes of bettering ourselves, seeking atonement for past misdeeds, and redemption are central to their story, because it's obvious they don't believe in these concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Can you stop putting words in people's mouths, or otherwise misrepresenting what they say?

Mike Cernovich is shitty person. I've never said otherwise. Yes, "durr Nazi's have weaponized outrage"; guess what? So have non-Nazi's, including people on the total opposite of that spectrum.

Get over this "everything that disagrees with me is a Nazi sympathizer" and read what people are saying. It's making you look really dense.
    Saying "both sides" is what enables Cernovich and his behavior. If you can brush everything off as "both sides," it means you aren't thinking about what is really going on here. You'd rather just paint with a broad brush and say "a pox on both their houses."

It's especially heinous when one of those sides are Nazis. "Non-Nazis are just as bad" is a ridiculous argument.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In Gunns case at least, he was a guy throwing stones from a glass house. So he at least can't complain about being targeted... and to his credit he's not. He understands how this works, and is accepting the consequences for his mistake very gracefully.
    He didn't write those tweets a month ago, you know.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.

If you don't believe people can change, just say so. Disney should obviously stop releasing movies or putting their name on projects where themes of bettering ourselves, seeking atonement for past misdeeds, and redemption are central to their story, because it's obvious they don't believe in these concepts.

Saying "both sides" is what enables Cernovich and his behavior. If you can brush everything off as "both sides," it means you aren't thinking about what is really going on here. You'd rather just paint with a broad brush and say "a pox on both their houses."

It's especially heinous when one of those sides are Nazis. "Non-Nazis are just as bad" is a ridiculous argument.

He didn't write those tweets a month ago, you know.
    No, he didn't write those tweets months ago... but he's kept them up for years all the while targeting other peoples social media activity. So it's not shocking that he especially doesn't get a free pass. You can't have it both ways. You can't try and hold others accountable for what they say and not allow others to hold you accountable. And again, to his credit that's not what he's doing. He is gracefully accepting responsibility for his mistakes and is moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No, he didn't write those tweets months ago... but he's kept them up for years all the while targeting other peoples social media activity. So it's not shocking that he especially doesn't get a free pass. You can't have it both ways. You can't try and hold others accountable for what they say and not allow others to hold you accountable. And again, to his credit that's not what he's doing. He is gracefully accepting responsibility for his mistakes and is moving on.
    What is better? Trying to sweep your past under the rug? Or being upfront about it?

I can appreciate that he was upfront about it. But that ended up being the source of his metaphorical downfall. In some ways, it's like an old Greek Tragedy.

What is better? Trying to sweep your past under the rug? Or being upfront about it?

I can appreciate that he was upfront about it. But that ended up being the source of his metaphorical downfall. In some ways, it's like an old Greek Tragedy.
    The best thing he could have done from a PR standpoint (short of not posting the tweets at all of course) would have been to take them down, and offer up an apology on social media before it all came down on him. Because as it stands, since he only took them down after he got busted no one can ever be 100% sure if he was sorry or just sorry that he got busted for it. That's just how it works.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Removing the comments would have done nothing. Once it's out there it can't be scrubbed. You can never truly remove something from the internet. It would have made no difference.

BANNED

ISaying "both sides" is what enables Cernovich and his behavior. If you can brush everything off as "both sides," it means you aren't thinking about what is really going on here. You'd rather just paint with a broad brush and say "a pox on both their houses."

Well, I'm sorry that "both sides" use smear tactics. It's true...and it's not my fault.

And I never said "non-Nazis are just as bad". You brought up "weaponized outraged". We haven't graded which "outrage weapon" has been worse. But here's the thing: they're both fucking wrong.

That you want to justify bad behavior just because it isn't as bad as "the other guy" is a rather childish mentality.

"But moooooooooooooooooooooom!"