Page 80 of 172 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't know that I would go that far.

The writer also pretty clearly pointed out that the tweets were "Offensive". I don't think we can pin judgement to one bit and not the other.
    due to Trump supporters resurfacing old, offensive tweets from the filmmaker. Gunn has been a staunch, vocal opposer of the president.
    Hhmm... It's possible we are seeing our own biases on display. But that second sentence... Hhmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukki View Post
    Exactly. It's his right to express his disapproval over the studios decisions and show support to his colleague and friend. But it is also in his own best interests to be polite about it and accept that the studio employing him has the right to make such decissions. Trying to blackmail them can result in his very quick replacement. It's in everyones best interest to just close this now.
    I honestly don't think he cares. I think he would rather be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Hhmm... It's possible we are seeing our own biases on display. But that second sentence... Hhmm...
    Or not.

If you have the writer's personal take on the right and wrong of the guy being cut loose in that article, please quote it.

Otherwise, it's largely statement of fact accompanied by laying out Dave's take(which was already tackled in an earlier article). That said supporter started the ball rolling is no more an indictment than "offensive" is.

Exactly. It's his right to express his disapproval over the studios decisions and show support to his colleague and friend. But it is also in his own best interests to be polite about it and accept that the studio employing him has the right to make such decissions. Trying to blackmail them can result in his very quick replacement. It's in everyones best interest to just close this now.
    Why?

If an employee is unhappy with their employer, voicing that unhappiness should be their call. Not their employer's.

Or not.

If you have the writer's personal take on the right and wrong of the guy being cut loose in that article, please quote it.

Otherwise, it's largely statement of fact accompanied by laying out Dave's take(which was already tackled in an earlier article). That said supporter started the ball rolling is no more an indictment than "offensive" is.
    The writer's twitter indicates he is not a fan of Trump's.

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker

So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The writer's twitter indicates he is not a fan of Trump's.

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker

So there's that.
    Not being a fan doesn't mean that we can read judgement into that article that clearly is not there.

That he might feel that way(or may someday come right out and say how he feels about this subject) doesn't change that it's not there in that article.

Bautista has F-U money, he made a tidy sum in WWE and left when he wasn't satisfied with it any more and went into MMA and acting with the mindset that it could be fun/challenging and if it's not he can quit without worrying about money. He specificly likes working with Gunn and doesn't like the studio machine so I don't he is too worried about being replaced.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Not being a fan doesn't mean that we can read judgement into that article that clearly is not there.

That he might feel that way(or may someday come right out and say how he feels about this subject) doesn't change that it's not there in that article.
    Let's take a look at the quote again.

due to Trump supporters resurfacing old, offensive tweets from the filmmaker. Gunn has been a staunch, vocal opposer of the president.
    More context is given to Trump supporters and their motivations than Gunn's "old, offensive tweets". There is no context for what "old, offensive tweets" means in the article. There is context for the motivation of the "Trump supporters."

I wouldn't say "it's not there in that article." But that's just my reading of it.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-19-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Can we please not act like Pedophilia doesn't have a unique stigma to it. It's the one crime once accused even if falsely it will ruin your life people don't care about therapy, doing your time, or whatever like other crimes they just want you gone even if an accusation just to be safe when it's pedophilia related. Sadly I again 100% believe Gunn was just a provocateur and nothing else but going forward when ever his name is mentioned a large part of the general public will think "Why so many pedophile jokes? You know where there's smoke there's fire" and when you have a brand like Marvel that is being targeted primary at families and kids you don't want pedophilia in the conversation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Can we please not act like Pedophilia doesn't have a unique stigma to it.
    Jokes about it don't really carry even remotely the same stigma though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Gunn unfortunately goes screwed by the share volume of jokes. I knew who Gunn was when hired I was a fan of his I knew of his Troma days and I get he was he going for trying to get a rise out of "polite" society. Bur most people didn't know who Gunn was before Guardians and most don't research a Director but with all the headlines now they know in his past he made tons of Pedophilia jokes and they ask why? Unlike me and you and many here they don't get his motivations they just wonder why this guy seemed obsessed with Pedophilia.

I feel bad for Gunn and don't like the people who targeted him but I understand Disney's position no company would risk a brand as valuable as Marvel is right now for one person they won't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gunn unfortunately goes screwed by the share volume of jokes.
    You make it sound like there's hundreds of them instead of a handful.

Clearly, Disney feels they do.

Mighty Member

To stand by a friend is admirable and all. But this is business and he is not behaving as an adult right now.
    Actually, I think he's being true to his principles. Unfortunately such a thing is rare in 'business'.

You make it sound like there's hundreds of them instead of a handful.
    You make it sound like a handful of those jokes isn't enough.

GLAAD didn't just take a run at the guy over nothing.