Page 66 of 172 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well, I'm sorry that "both sides" use smear tactics. It's true...and it's not my fault.

And I never said "non-Nazis are just as bad". You brought up "weaponized outraged". We haven't graded which "outrage weapon" has been worse. But here's the thing: they're both fucking wrong.

That you want to justify bad behavior just because it isn't as bad as "the other guy" is rather childish.

"But moooooooooooooooooooooom!"
    You're trying so very hard to scream "both sides."

When one of those sides are Nazis, I don't care how much you hate "the other guy." Scream about "SJWs" all you want. Doesn't matter to me. Because this is about more than just James Gunn not directing Guardians 3.

Dave Bautista gets it.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...25112974618624

What happened here is so much bigger then G3, @JamesGunn ,myself,@Disney etc. This was a #cybernazi attack that succeeded. Unless we start to unite together against this crap, whether people are offended are not! ...it’s going to get much worse. And it can happen to anyone
    But people would rather scream "both sides!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's because it's exactly what's happening. What's happened to Gunn is a clapback to what happened with Roseanne. The Holier than thou attitude holds no water when the opposition got their hands dirty the same way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

When one of those sides are Nazis, I don't care how much you hate "the other guy." Scream about "SJWs" all you want. Doesn't matter to me. Because this is about more than just James Gunn not directing Guardians 3.

Dave Bautista gets it.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...25112974618624

But people would rather scream "both sides!"
    Do you realize how hard is it to change a behavior in someone when you keep displaying that same behavior in front of them?

This shit started a long fucking time ago. Yes, it's getting worse: because it hasn't stopped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's because it's exactly what's happening. What's happened to Gunn is a clapback to what happened with Roseanne. The Holier than thou attitude holds no water when the opposition got their hands dirty the same way.
    You'd think just the timing of it all would be the biggest fucking clue.

I don't get the pushback in the admittance that both sides of the spectrum do this. Hell its not even confined to political spectrum, not by a long shot. Is it just because of the "both sides" line, that brings back memories of that line from Trump? If so, let it be known no one here is the President. No one acknowledging that this type of stuff isn't entirely one-sided is suddenly the President. Its rampant across society as a whole. You don't believe as I believe, you don't act as I act, you do things that offend me....so I'm gonna find something you've once said recently or a long time ago online to punish you for it. That is the order of the day of our society right now. And pointing out that everyone does it isn't burying one's head in the sand nor even necessarily condoning/following any core set of beliefs. Its so not mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-17-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Except Roseanne was fired for something she did now. Nobody had to dig through ten years worth of old tweets to find something that was bad.

And ABC still gave Roseanne her own show, even though she had a laundry list of bigoted and horrible stuff from before that everyone knew about.
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 08-17-2018 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

So, blame Disney, Cernovich and the alt right for Gunn’s firing?
    Everybody that agrees with the firing are Nazis?
    Gunn is blameless and is the actual victim?
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-17-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Do you realize how hard is it to change a behavior in someone when you keep displaying that same behavior in front of them?

This shit started a long fucking time ago. Yes, it's getting worse: because it hasn't stopped.
    You'd think just the timing of it all would be the biggest fucking clue.
    Roseanne was fired for being racist while her show was on the air.

Gunn was fired for comments he made years ago, well before he ever signed with Disney.

You know what the difference is. Just be honest and say you wanted "blood".
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    And you think Gunn is a pedophile because he made bad jokes.
    He was friends with a pedophile and attended pedophile cosplay parties for "lulz". Close enough.

BANNED

And you think Gunn is a pedophile because he made bad jokes.
    It wouldn’t be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He was friends with a pedophile and attended pedophile cosplay parties for "lulz". Close enough.
    To Catch A Predator was huge in its day. Going to a costume party in "To Catch A Predator" cosplay isn't unheard of.

And do you really think Gunn knew about his "friend"? This reads like you're arguing for Guilt by Association.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He was friends with a pedophile. Close enough.
    Are you going to accuse Marina Sirtis and Nichelle Nichols of being child molesters next?

BANNED

So you admit you don't know what you're talking about.
    I don’t know exactly what Roseanne Tweeted and I can’t remember who she Tweeted them to. These two details are inconsequential to understanding what’s happening. Knowing these details won’t change my mind in the overall thought that Twitter smear campaigns are not new and are silly.

BANNED

I didn’t say he was a pedophile, I said it wouldn’t surprise me. That a big difference.
    This is what I meant.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-17-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I don’t know exactly what Roseanne Tweeted and I can’t remember who she Tweeted them to. These two details are inconsequential to understanding what’s happening. Knowing these details won’t change my mind in the overall thought that Twitter smear campaigns are not new and are silly.
    Nobody on Roseanne's staff defended her. Not one of her co-stars. Not one person on the crew. People actually left the show because of her comments.

Almost every one of the big stars Gunn worked with on Guardians defended him or expressed sympathy. The main cast all signed an open letter kindly asking Disney to rehire him.

Do you think this is unimportant?