Page 135 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I admire Bautista for standing up for what he believes.
    It is too bad his castmates has suddenly gone silent.
    His castmates did the smart thing showed their support for James Gunn everyone knows where they stand and they also allowed the controversy to try and die down because no one wants constant articles with their name associated with pedophilia even with the context of it being old jokes.

I admire Bautista for standing up for what he believes.
    It is too bad his castmates has suddenly gone silent.
    Makes the incredibly unlikely assumption that "Largely Silent In Public..." means "They Have Been Largely Silent Across The Board..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Makes the incredibly unlikely assumption that "Largely Silent In Public..." means "They Have Been Largely Silent Across The Board..."
    Speaking up in pubic is the best way to get your point addressed.
    Speaking privately get you nowhere.
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with Bautista on Gunn, but at least he has the balls to speak his mind.

Speaking privately get you nowhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with Bautista on Gunn, but at least he has the balls to speak his mind.
    Just flat out wrong.

Unless someone on this message board is about to make the call on if Gunn is ever rehired, the idea that addressing this privately will get them nowhere is just foolish.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No it's not and you know it. You just don't like the idea of not knowing what's going on.

BANNED

Just flat out wrong.

Unless someone on this message board is about to make the call on if Gunn is ever rehired, the idea that addressing this privately will get them nowhere is just foolish.
    Changes happens when things are out in the open, not behind the curtains.
    Bautista knows this, he’s making his believes known.
    Civil Rights movement, Women right to vote, gay marriage, etc... People spoke out publicly to force change, that the reason these movement are successful.
    Keeping things behind the curtain has done nothing. You have to expose a problem to force change.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Changes happens when things are out in the open, not behind the curtains.
    Bautista knows this, he’s making his believes known.
    Civil Rights movement, Women right to vote, gay marriage, etc... People spoke out publicly to force change, that the reason these movement are successful.

Keeping things behind the curtain has done nothing. You have to expose a problem to force change.
    Let's go over some specifics...

- Any of those things in blue? They would either be changes by laws passed by elected representatives or judges. In either case, the public would factor into how those changes were made.

- Which is the exact opposite of how Gunn either being rehired or not will work. He was(and would be) the employee of a private company who don't have to pay one bit of attention to the public if they decide they do not want to.

So, yeah. That you are incorrect about the idea that a private business works like public office holders and how they get their jobs has not changed.

Never mind that you seem to have decided that Gunn's being fired is now a problem that seemingly needs to be fixed.

BANNED

Let's go over some specifics...

- Any of those things in blue? They would either be changes by laws passed by elected representatives or judges. In either case, the public would factor into how those changes were made.

- Which is the exact opposite of how Gunn either being rehired or not will work. He was(and would be) the employee of a private company who don't have to pay one bit of attention to the public if they decide they do not want to.

So, yeah. That you are incorrect about the idea that a private business works like public office holders and how they get their jobs has not changed.
    Laws were changed because people spoke out in public and that the only reason these laws were changed.
    Private business pay attention to the public all the time. They make their money from the public.
    Never mind that you seem to have decided that Gunn's being fired is now a problem that seemingly needs to be fixed.
    Oh no, I never said that. I still agree with Gunn’s firing, but I admire Bautista for his bravery
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.

So Gunn's tweets of a decade aren't old enough to discount but the Guardians' cast support for Gunn don't count as it was only a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by jump; 09-03-2018 at 02:42 AM.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Astonishing Member

RIP Drax. His last appearance will be in the Avengers 4. Killed by his loyalty and integrity. Made me laugh. That's two victims from Cernovich's master play.
    https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...ork-for-disney

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    RIP Drax. His last appearance will be in the Avengers 4. Killed by his loyalty and integrity. Made me laugh. That's two victims from Cernovich's master play.
    I'm not going to miss his character for being honest. That dude doesn't say a single thing who makes sense in the last Guardian movie. Just a festival of more or less funny jokes (really less as far i'm concerned) and craziness.

Drax deserves better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The writer of that article seems bitter about it.

The writer of that article seems clueless. Why would you come up with lines like: "he doesn't realize how replaceable he is on a franchise like Guardians with a company as powerful as Disney." when the guy doesn't want to work for Disney in the first place?
    Live true or lie well.

BANNED