Page 143 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yes.

For example, Marlon Wayans was cast as Robin for Batman Returns. He ended up getting cut from the script. They still had to pay him for the movie.
    Yep. Plenty of interviews where he talks about this on youtube, though he seems to conflate the titles of Batman Returns and Batman Forever. He said he was supposed to be in part 2 but there were too many characters so they were saving him for part 3 but then Burton got replaced.

He said his paycheck was 100k though. Seems kinda low, but, regardless, he got paid cause they HAD to pay him as I'm sure it was negotiated as such in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yep. Plenty of interviews where he talks about this on youtube, though he seems to conflate the titles of Batman Returns and Batman Forever. He said he was supposed to be in part 2 but there were too many characters so they were saving him for part 3 but then Burton got replaced.

He said his paycheck was 100k though. Seems kinda low, but, regardless, he got paid cause they HAD to pay him as I'm sure it was negotiated as such in his contract.
    That's not that low. Given how long ago it was and that evan was paid like 300k for Captain america(Iono if he got back end from the box office or not) Gal Gadot didnt get much for the first WW either.

But as others have said I don't think they get compensated in whole but they get a percentage of guaranteed money depending on they're
    contract. If they dont have that they need to fire they're agent.

Like if your paying 100m for RDJ for avengers 3 and then the movie gets canceled. Hes getting paid, not 100m but a nice chunk of that woulda been guaranteed.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

A couple of interesting tidits:

1). A shooting script is in place, so they probably aren't going to change it all that much when they start making a new one. This contract argument is moot. Disney and the actors are on the hook unless everyone can agree one something new.

2). Gunn is starting to make noise about not really wanting to do Volume 3 anyway.

3). Cast doesn't want to do v3 w/o Gunn but he's now saying he wants them to continue.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's not that low. Given how long ago it was and that evan was paid like 300k for Captain america(Iono if he got back end from the box office or not) Gal Gadot didnt get much for the first WW either.
    I was factoring in any fame he might have gotten from In Living Color...but he didn't join the cast till season 4 so I was mistaken. His only major role before that, and the only major credit under his belt according to Google before signing the Batman Returns contract, was I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, so I guess 100k isn't just fair its generous.

But as others have said I don't think they get compensated in whole but they get a percentage of guaranteed money depending on they're
    The bolded is a "pay or play" contract and yes, they would get paid the whole amount. Contracts without them (which I think few actors would get if they can help it) regardless have something baked in so they get something if the movie is never made. Its a question of which kind of contract the GotG actors have, though since they've all been in the business a while its not unreasonable to think they have a pay or play contract. For instance I'd bet money Bautista at least has such a contract.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 09-12-2018 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You can try and move goalpost and add new stuff it won't change what I and others have said. YES, whether you like it or not that's how it works. You're looking at it as a "nonexistent movie" instead of paying for their availability. The contracts make sure you don't keep an actor waiting for a movie that doesn't happen when they could have been elsewhere with another studio actually making a movie that did. I and others can't explain it any plainer than that. If a studio does that, there's a financial repercussion. Just like studios aren't a charity, actors aren't in it for charity either.
    I’m not trying move the goalpost or changing anything, I’m just asking questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yes.

For example, Marlon Wayans was cast as Robin for Batman Returns. He ended up getting cut from the script. They still had to pay him for the movie.
    Thank you for your answer. It’s make sense now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think this is the more likely scenario

Iger supported firing Gunn and has no second thoughts about it. https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...sney-comments/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Iger supported firing Gunn and has no second thoughts about it. https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...sney-comments/
    In other words, he is not going to be rehired.

How involved do you get in decisions to cancel Roseanne at ABC or fire James Gunn at Marvel?

I would say there is a blend of my helping to make the decision to my supporting the decisions that have been made. Roseanne was completely unanimous. We discussed how it would be communicated and when because there were a number of entities that had to be properly filled in, but the decision was completely unanimous. The James Gunn decision was brought to me as a unanimous decision of a variety of executives at the studio and I supported it.

There was backlash. You still support it?

I haven't second-guessed their decision.
    Real leadership! (TM)

Sounds about right. The Rosanne situation is more clear than the Gunn situation, but neither merit throwing your management crew under the bus publicly if you are the CEO.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Sounds about right. The Rosanne situation is more clear than the Gunn situation, but neither merit throwing your management crew under the bus publicly if you are the CEO.
    In the same interview where he basically gives a wishy washy answer about Gunn, he personally takes responsibility for approving too many Star Wars projects at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    In the same interview where he basically gives a wishy washy answer about Gunn, he personally takes responsibility for approving too many Star Wars projects at once.
    How was it wishy washy? He said he agreed with the decision and has no second guesses about it sounds like he took responsibility for both situations.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

His answer is clear cut. I don't see anything wishy washy.

BANNED

I don’t see any wishy washy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    How was it wishy washy? He said he agreed with the decision and has no second guesses about it sounds like he took responsibility for both situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His answer is clear cut. I don't see anything wishy washy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I don’t see any wishy washy.
    Look at how he talks about Star Wars.

Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films.
    Now look at how he talks about Gunn.

How involved do you get in decisions to cancel Roseanne at ABC or fire James Gunn at Marvel?

I would say there is a blend of my helping to make the decision to my supporting the decisions that have been made. Roseanne was completely unanimous. We discussed how it would be communicated and when because there were a number of entities that had to be properly filled in, but the decision was completely unanimous. The James Gunn decision was brought to me as a unanimous decision of a variety of executives at the studio and I supported it.

There was backlash. You still support it?

I haven't second-guessed their decision.
    He says he "supported" the decision and hasn't "second-guessed their decision." (I am not making a conspiracy saying they will rehire Gunn. I am saying he doesn't take responsibility for the decision to fire Gunn.)