Page 162 of 172 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2577
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Gamora was supposed to have a big role in GotG3, so Gunn obviously had more planned for the characters.

https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-gamoa-role/

We were also going to learn more about Rocket's origin.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/gua...accoon-origin/

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Gamora was supposed to have a big role in GotG3, so Gunn obviously had more planned for the characters.

https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-gamoa-role/

We were also going to learn more about Rocket's origin.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/gua...accoon-origin/
    I'm not debating he had more just that if it ends now there is some closure to their original arcs.

Since they've been compared and Gunn is now working for DC apparently ABC has regrets about "Knee Jerk" firing of Rosanne as they feel the Connors might not succeed without her.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ro...her/ar-BBOgguq

Have to wonder if Disney now has the same regrets about Gunn with him working for Marvel's direct competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm not debating he had more just that if it ends now there is some closure to their original arcs.

Since they've been compared and Gunn is now working for DC apparently ABC has regrets about "Knee Jerk" firing of Rosanne as they feel the Connors might not succeed without her.

Have to wonder if Disney now has the same regrets about Gunn with him working for Marvel's direct competition?
    How could they not? They took a huge PR hit for firing Gunn, and now their direct competition is being praised for hiring him.

If they were smart they'll leave it vague how or even if Roseanne died, and either write it in for the final episodes of the season (if numbers are positive) or reveal she's alive (if numbers are negative). They should have done this in a way they could reverse it if this backfires, but *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How could they not? They took a huge PR hit for firing Gunn, and now their direct competition is being praised for hiring him.
    I think its less about PR and losing talent if so because I've seen equally as many people who disliked Gunn after the tweets came out and I mentioned in the World of DC I believe Gunn did nothing wrong so I'm not one but's never been mostly pro Gunn it really is 50/50.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I think its less about PR and losing talent if so because I've seen equally as many people who disliked Gunn after the tweets came out and I mentioned in the World of DC I believe Gunn did nothing wrong so I'm not one but's never been mostly pro Gunn it really is 50/50.
    I don't know if DC would have hired him if he was still that controversial, and from what I've seen the reaction to the news has almost been universally positive. Most of Hollywood and the media supports him, at least.

BANNED

I will say between GOTG Vol 2 and Infinity War the characters got closure in their story arcs.

But I want two a miniseries on Disney Streaming Groot and Rocket series and a Gamora and Nebula series.
    Finally, we agree on something.

If there was some "Huge" PR hit, I didn't see it.

As for "Being Praised", it's not exactly that when you factor in that an enterprise that has dropped the ball multiple times hired a guy to write a film.

It's more like "Oh, they managed not to drop the ball and kick it across the street for once."

So...

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a company who is racking up flawless victories L/R/C has any real regrets about this. If you believe that they do, it's probably more you deciding that they must than that they actually do. They probably have enough to think about moving forward that taking any time on regrets ain't on the "To Do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If there was some "Huge" PR hit, I didn't see it.

As for "Being Praised", it's not exactly that when you factor in that an enterprise that has dropped the ball multiple times hired a guy to write a film.

It's more like "Oh, they managed not to drop the ball and kick it across the street for once."

So...

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a company who is racking up flawless victories L/R/C has any real regrets about this. If you believe that they do, it's probably more you deciding that they must than that they actually do. They probably have enough to think about moving forward that taking any time on regrets ain't on the "To Do" list.
    That's why production on Guardians 3 is going so smoothly.

Oh wait, it's on indefinite hiatus.

(Not to mention one of its stars has already expressed an interest in following said fired director onto his new project, which we still don't know if he's actually going to just write or if he'll also direct.)

(Not to mention one of its stars has already expressed an interest in following said fired director onto his new project, which we still don't know if he's actually going to just write or if he'll also direct.)
    Or if it will ever be something more than a film he was hired to write...

Or if it will ever be something more than a film he was hired to write...
    You're really trying to force this. Really going out of your way to try to say Disney didn't screw things up massively for Marvel Studios and Guardians 3 in particular.

I question why.

As for this...

I seriously doubt that Disney/Marvel is spending any time of regretting that this is the case. It's not like they don't have other things going on next year.

You're really trying to force this. Really going out of your way to try to say Disney didn't screw things up massively for Marvel Studios and Guardians 3 in particular.

I question why.
    More like...

It's not "Massively".

It's business. If I was going to see it as "Massively"? It would really need to be something like the way WB/DC managed to demolish any chances of a shared universe while they lost a boatload of cash.

It's just not that big of a stumble. If it's really even a stumble.

As for this...

I seriously doubt that Disney/Marvel is spending any time of regretting that this is the case. It's not like they don't have other things going on next year.
    "Disney/Marvel have other movies coming out so they obviously don't care that they potentially blew up what was sure to be one of their sure fire hits" continues to be an incredibly stupid take.

More like...

It's not "Massively".

It's business. If I was going to see it as "Massively"? It would really need to be something like the way WB/DC managed to demolish any chances of a shared universe while they lost a boatload of cash.

It's just not that big of a stumble. If it's really even a stumble.
    "We fired the director of one of our biggest projects, a man who contributed to the build up of some of our biggest movies, and now we've placed what was supposed to be the cornerstone of the cosmic side of our movies on indefinite hiatus" hardly seems like something I would classify as not even a "stumble."