X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Well now she is saying he didn’t do it, by dropping the accusation
    She. Didn't. Drop. The. Accusation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    She. Didn't. Drop. The. Accusation.
    Whatever, dude

Beating your wife is okay, but god forbid you go to a themed costume party.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The millions of families who parents now know the Guardians director a film they take their kids too make Pedo Jokes and they won't research deeper than that they never do but if they did they'd learn one of those "jokes" involved an sex act between a child and the Giving Tree a name once used to describe Groot. Cernovich is scum but it doesn't change the position Disney was on once the general public learned of Gunn's past tweets.
    Wait until people find out the kinds of movies Gunn made before Disney hired him to make the Guardians 1 and 2.

Wait until people find out what's in Sarah Silverman's act. And she has voiced a Disney Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They get bad press, and will perhaps lose a few viewers who might have taken offense to the tweets. And of course, they are getting bad press and will likely lose a few viers by firing him as well. Again, Disney to a degree loses either way. It's a matter of them picking their poison.

But it's Diseny, so they can take the hit either way and I'm sure the movie will still do just fine. It's not the first time they have had to replace a director, and every other time it's worked out just fine.
    This isn't like Edgar Wright, in case you haven't noticed. If they had ignored this, it would have gone away. They invited this controversy when they fired him. They brought this controversy on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kidding, right?

Disney was only going to get to decide if they wanted to get kicked with a "Left" or "Right" foot.

There is no scenario that would not have involved getting kicked.
    In case you missed it, the "Right" in this case was Mike "Pizzagate" Cernovich. You know who that is, right? A man like that should never be given the time of day. Disney gave him the time of day.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-19-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Beating your wife is okay, but god forbid you go to a themed costume party.
    First, no one has said what is in blue.

Second, Themed Costume Party? Not really the issue. The theme in this specific instance? Really the issue.

First, no one has said what is in blue.

Second, Themed Costume Party? Not really the issue. The theme in this specific instance? Really the issue.
    In case you missed it, To Catch A Predator was huge in its day. Going to a costume themed party based on what was at the time a huge property? I don't see the issue.

In case you missed it, To Catch A Predator was huge in its day. Going to a costume themed party based on what was at the time a huge property? I don't see the issue.
    A question...

I that sort of thing something that you should make light of? Is sexual abuse that clergy took part in?

A question...

I that sort of thing something that you should make light of? Is sexual abuse that clergy took part in?
    It's not in good taste, if that's what you're asking. But that doesn't make it illegal or something a person should be fired over. Especially when it's put up on Breitbart to smear someone.

It's not in good taste, if that's what you're asking. But that doesn't make it illegal or something a person should be fired over. Especially when it's put up on Breitbart to smear someone.
    First, I don't believe that I have said it is illegal.

As for blue, it is a separate issue from green.

If Disney decide that the potential damage created by just the tweets is something a person should be fired over, that's Disney's call. Good or bad. Never mind that pictures that create a pattern of things that are going to create issues. They just cement that Disney probably made a reasonable call on the "Damage Control" front.

First, I don't believe that I have said it is illegal.

As for blue, it is a separate issue from green.

If Disney decide that the potential damage created by just the tweets is something a person should be fired over, that's Disney's call. Good or bad. Never mind that pictures that create a pattern of things that are going to create issues. They just cement that Disney probably made a reasonable call on the "Damage Control" front.
    Nobody cared except the Alt-Right. You'll notice they're the only ones actually arguing these pictures are damning.

The damage Disney has done is to themselves. The perception has been that they've bowed to the Alt-Right. They didn't defend one of their own from a smear campaign from the guy who got a pizza place shot up.

Nobody cared except the Alt-Right. You'll notice they're the only ones actually arguing these pictures are damning.

The damage Disney has done is to themselves. The perception has been that they've bowed to the Alt-Right. They didn't defend one of their own from a smear campaign from the guy who got a pizza place shot up.
    That is not my perception.

BANNED

That is not my perception.
    It is the general mainstream perception though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It is the general mainstream perception though.
    Man, that could be.

How many of this "General Mainstream" have you spoken to? I know I haven't really talked it over with them yet.

Serious question...

How many of those instances were not already inclined to break the way they did?

Never mind how flawed that CBR article trying to compare it to Downey is.

Serious question...

How many of those instances were not already inclined to break the way they did?