Page 100 of 172 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they weren't self aware they would have ignored it completely. The fact that they chose to act is an indicator that they were feeling the pressure of the situation.

If they honestly felt they could get away with doing nothing then they Almost certainly would have done nothing as that is obviously the easiest option.
    This is a take that is predicated on the idea that companies never make mistakes. But companies are run by people and people are very much capable of making mistakes.

Companies also double down on their terrible mistakes. Disney is staying the course because Horn can't admit he made a mistake and look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is a take that is predicated on the idea that companies never make mistakes. But companies are run by people and people are very much capable of making mistakes.

Companies also double down on their terrible mistakes. Disney is staying the course because Horn can't admit he made a mistake and look weak.
    I'm not saying they never make mistakes. But I am saying they have a better understanding of the situation, and are in a better position to make an informed decision than random people on an Internet discussion board.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I'm not saying they never make mistakes. But I am saying they have a better understanding of the situation, and are in a better position to make an informed decision than random people on an Internet discussion board.
    They didn't make an informed decision. Was Feige even consulted before Gunn was fired?

You're defending them by saying they obviously know more about internet smear campaigns. Alan Horn is 75. He is very much not "with it" as his handling of this situation clearly demonstrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    They didn't make an informed decision. Was Feige even consulted before Gunn was fired?
    Also, this is a great point.

You're defending them by saying they obviously know more about internet smear campaigns. Alan Horn is 75. He is very much not "with it" as his handling of this situation clearly demonstrates.

Also, this is a great point.
    I'm saying they know more about this specific situation yes, because they are at the center of it. Again stock holders, advertisers, etc ... they are going to convey any problems or concerns they may have with Disney, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Do you know for a fact they didn't make an informed decision? Were you there with them when they made the call?

Like I said, atvthr end of the day we don't know. Disney knows more about the situation than we can ever hope to. Doesn't guarantee thry will make the right decision. But it does mean they are in a better position to make an informed decision than you or I.

I'm saying they know more about this specific situation yes, because they are at the center of it. Again stock holders, advertisers, etc ... they are going to convey any problems or concerns they may have with Disney, not us.
    Actual evidence says otherwise. They definitely did not expect the blowback they got. They definitely didn't expect to halt the movie's production. They didn't expect any of this. And now they're stuck with their decision because they want to protect Horn before he retires and are burning millions of dollars doing so.

Dismissing this as "obviously they know what they're doing" is really undercutting what is actually happening.

Actual evidence says otherwise. They definitely did not expect the blowback they got. They definitely didn't expect to halt the movie's production. They didn't expect any of this. And now they're stuck with their decision because they want to protect Horn before he retires and are burning millions of dollars doing so.

Dismissing this as "obviously they know what they're doing" is really undercutting what is actually happening.
    If you have actual evidence that you know more about the situation than Disney feel free to share.

Truthfully, if they are going to fire the director I think they Would expect to halt production until they get a new director. Will that cost them? Sure, but Disney apparently feels it's worth it since they chose not to rehire Gunn despite the block back.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Do you know for a fact they didn't make an informed decision? Were you there with them when they made the call?

Like I said, atvthr end of the day we don't know. Disney knows more about the situation than we can ever hope to. Doesn't guarantee thry will make the right decision. But it does mean they are in a better position to make an informed decision than you or I.
    If Feige or Marvel weren't involved, they didn't make an informed decision.

If you have actual evidence that you know more about the situation than Disney feel free to share.

Truthfully, if they are going to fire the director I think they Would expect to halt production until they get a new director. Will that cost them? Sure, but Disney apparently feels it's worth it since they chose not to rehire Gunn despite the block back.
    This is an argument from authority (or appeal to authority) fallacy. That the people in charge must know what they're doing, that's why they're in charge. You're the one who has continued to claim, over and over, that Disney must know what they are doing. So the burden of proof is on you.

BANNED

I'll say again, I think Disney right now are the only ones with a full grasp of the situation.
    And that full grasp probably is something along the lines of "Damn, we did truly screw this up spectacularly or all to see. That's a whole lot of egg on our faces. We wonder if we can get back at Alan Horn for this somehow."

From what I gather this was Horn's decision, not Disney as a whole. Unless Horn is Disney. Horn over-reacted and made a rash decision without even consulting Feige. Once Horn's decision became public it was hard
    to take it back and the underlings had to go along with it lest they be fired too. I mean how informed is it if the head of Marvel Studios isn't even consulted about one of their employees.

This is an argument from authority (or appeal to authority) fallacy. That the people in charge must know what they're doing, that's why they're in charge. You're the one who has continued to claim, over and over, that Disney must know what they are doing. So the burden of proof is on you.
    Disney knows more about the situation because they are at the center of it. Yes, Disney is in charge ... of their own movie. So naturally they know more than you or I might. Why wouldn't they?

Does it REALLY make sense to you that you would know more about the situation than Disney? Honestly. Some logical part of your mind isn't telling you that of course various groups of people would communicate with Disney and not you over the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From what I gather this was Horn's decision, not Disney as a whole. Unless Horn is Disney. Horn over-reacted and made a rash decision without even consulting Feige. Once Horn's decision became public it was hard
    to take it back and the underlings had to go along with it lest they be fired too. I mean how informed is it if the head of Marvel Studios isn't even consulted about one of their employees.
    He's not Disney, but he works for Disney. If he is in the position to make the decision and no one with greater authority disagreed, even after the backlash, then effectively there's no distinction to be made here.

He's not Disney, but he works for Disney. If he is in the position to make the decision and no one with greater authority disagreed, even after the backlash, then effectively there's no distinction to be made here.
    Is there someone with greater authority than Horn?