Page 105 of 172 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2577
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    At the very least, Disney could have waited it out and see whether or not the situation with Gunn would die down. Instead, they acted immediately and poured gasoline on the fire.

Disney defined the word 'panic' in their actions. Never seen such a successful company become scared in my life.

All-New Member

And Sarah Silverman is playing Vanellope in Wreck it Ralph, which has a younger target audience than Guardians does.
    Which actress does or doesn't play Vanellope is the least of the problems with Wreck-It Ralph. If Disney is so desperate for people not to talk about pedophilia in conjunction with their business, why did they let Ralph and Vanellope be drawn the way they are? It looks a lot more like that's what's going on with them than that photo of Gunn and the two obviously adult women, which was supposedly so scandalous and damaging.

BANNED

Her routine in the Aristocrats.

There was this episode on her show, along with other offensive stuff that would get her raked over the coals today.
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6gv3fq...creepy-van-guy
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/d5tkmb...rah-s-good-van
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/66u7us...in-the-bad-van
    Are you kidding me?
    You can only find is three G rated videos that has passed network censorship, which two of them are actually against pedophilia. None of these videos are supporting rape or pedophilia, like Gunn’s tweets.

You are still comparing apples and oranges.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    You can only find is three G rated videos that has passed network censorship, which two of them are actually against pedophilia. None of these videos are supporting rape or pedophilia, like Gunn’s tweets.

You are still comparing apples and oranges.
    The Aristocrats is g-rated now?

And google "Sarah Silverman" and "van," and you'll see the same people who went after Gunn using that ep to attack Silverman and Oswalt.

if you want more, in Jesus is Magic, she said "I saw my father's penis once. But it was okay, because I was soooo young … and sooo drunk" and "I was raped by a doctor … which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl."
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 08-25-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    As you said, I am just a poster on a message board. But I would like to think I have some familiarity with internet discussions and circumstances. The fact that I didn't fire the director of my highly successful film franchise after a smear campaign from a convicted rapist conspiracy nut might suggest that I do know things that a Disney executive might not.
    Uh, not really.

As you said, I am just a poster on a message board. But I would like to think I have some familiarity with internet discussions and circumstances. The fact that I didn't fire the director of my highly successful film franchise after a smear campaign from a convicted rapist conspiracy nut might suggest that I do know things that a Disney executive might not.
    Or the opposite.

BANNED

LOL, nobody (or, well, very few people) in this discussion has fired the director of any highly successful film franchise, so...

...we got a lot of "experts".

Since you keep using "convicted" incorrectly, though...

...oh gosh, now I'm "defending a rapist" by pointing out the misuse of legalese.

(the red is sarcasm, btw)
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 08-25-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The Aristocrats is g-rated now?

And google "Sarah Silverman" and "van," and you'll see the same people who went after Gunn using that ep to attack Silverman and Oswalt.

if you want more, in Jesus is Magic, she said "I saw my father's penis once. But it was okay, because I was soooo young … and sooo drunk" and "I was raped by a doctor … which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl."
    He’s dug in. Not worth engaging

There were several articles about her, including Fox News. The only difference with her and Gunn is Disney didn't say anything about her.

At the very least, Disney could have waited it out and see whether or not the situation with Gunn would die down. Instead, they acted immediately and poured gasoline on the fire.
    Again there is no controversy and lets not act like a voice actor and that what she is for Disney is the same level as the Director of a property that includes Films, Cartoons, Toys, Merchandise, and even Rides at their parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Again there is no controversy and lets not act like a voice actor and that what she is for Disney is the same level as the Director of a property that includes Films, Cartoons, Toys, Merchandise, and even Rides at their parks.
    They're not selling dolls and other merchandise of Gunn or having someone dressed up as him at their parks, are they?

Hollywood doesn't care what you do they work with and sadly even award racist, homophobes, Misogynist, rapist, pedophiles, wife and kid beaters, all the time it's about bad press and the moment your bad press is more than your value they dump you.

They're not selling dolls and other merchandise of Gunn or having someone dressed up as him at their parks, are they?
    He made Pedophile Jokes Disney doesn't want that word associated with Guardians it's not difficult to understand their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He made Pedophile Jokes Disney doesn't want that word associated with Guardians it's not difficult to understand their position.
    Does that mean there won't be any Vanellope merchandise?

BANNED

Does that mean there won't be any Vanellope merchandise?
    Are you saying Vanellope is Sarah Silverman's exact likeness?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Are you saying Vanellope is Sarah Silverman's exact likeness?
    Is gunn's likeness used in guardians?