Page 11 of 172 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I actually hadn't went and read his tweets until now. frankly, I didn't care enough to do so.

From the comments and fuss people were raising, I expected something so distrusting or disgusting that it would make you sick reading it.

Looking at those though ... they're harmless. Those are obviously just bad jokes he's telling. Tasteless, sure. It's nothing. He's worked on movies that had far worse stuff than that. Has anybody here actually seen Tromeo and Juliet? It's a nasty piece of work, even by Troma standards and they go out of their way to be as offensive as possible for humor.

I can't understand why people can't just look at something like that and go, "Okay. Not my thing. Moving on." He's telling bad jokes. Not even telling them. He TOLD them years ago. Who's getting hurt by this?
    I'm suree "tranny" is a trigger-worthy word nowadays.

But...IMO...who gets hurt by any "Tweet"?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm suree "tranny" is a trigger-worthy word nowadays.

But...IMO...who gets hurt by any "Tweet"?
    The Disney Product is produced for and consumed by Kids. Can't have one of the boys makin' jokes about bad touching the customers. Mistah Mouse don't like that. Mistah Mouse ain't lookin' for none of that Dan Schneider heat, capeesh?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    That was his Shtick though. I definitely didn't find them funny, but they're so over the top it's absurd. Also there's no way Disney didn't know about those tweets.
    As I said earlier...

Disney doesn't care about the tweets.

Disney cares about the reaction to the tweets.

Six years ago or whatever, if people found "bad tweets," it didn't make nearly an impact. Fewer people were on twitter and social media at all.

These days... that isn't the case. The littliest thing can become a forrest fire very quickly. The internet changed drastically in 6 years.

Disney didn't fire him because the tweets made them feel icky... they didn't want to deal with the reaction now. It was a business decision.

if pedo jokes are a schtick then... cool?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

People often use comedy as an outlet to public express their innermost thoughts since jokes aren't treated as sincere beliefs, even though they often are. A famous trans Youtuber named Contrapoints described that initially she would wear women's clothing as a joke because it was the only acceptable venue to do so. Racists and rape apologists will often frame their manifestos as 'jokes' when called out on their content to avoid criticism as well.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The increase and overwhelming incidences of racism in America against people of color far exceeds the same against white people. It's fact.
    Sure. If you go out and look for racism, I am 100% sure you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I doubt this would have effected business too much. The correct answer is to not engage. Now it's a political thing.
    No, it would definitely have cost them money. That's not even a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Of course they won't cancel GoTG 3 in the sense that "without Gunn we don't see how it can be made". No but they will cancel it later when they realise that wihtout him it will not work. They will push the project until they can't push it enough. The closest Marvel has come to this is Ant-man when Edgar Wright left. Both him and Gunn work in a similar sense that they both are more auteurs then directors. With Wright the movie hadn't started filming yet and Paul Rudd the star had a working relationship with the new director from before and also was involved in the writting process.

With the Guardians movies it's very different. We are 2 movies down with the crew and it's all about Gunn on the set. The visual representation of Groot and Rocket. He brought so many actors along that owe him so much. Even if he wants them to shoot it wihout him it will be hard. GotG works because there is a wacky sense of humour both in jokes and direction, knowledge about marvel cosmic, a lust to expirment with odd ideas and a lot of heart. Add to that the elusive work ethic and talent it takes to create a big space blockbuster. Wihtout Gunn all of that goes away.
    No, they'll still make the movie. It might not be as good, but it is going to get made. I'll bet you hard cash on that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I actually hadn't went and read his tweets until now. frankly, I didn't care enough to do so.

From the comments and fuss people were raising, I expected something so distrusting or disgusting that it would make you sick reading it.

Looking at those though ... they're harmless. Those are obviously just bad jokes he's telling. Tasteless, sure. It's nothing. He's worked on movies that had far worse stuff than that. Has anybody here actually seen Tromeo and Juliet? It's a nasty piece of work, even by Troma standards and they go out of their way to be as offensive as possible for humor.

I can't understand why people can't just look at something like that and go, "Okay. Not my thing. Moving on." He's telling bad jokes. Not even telling them. He TOLD them years ago. Who's getting hurt by this?
    Same response I had. Tasteless but obviously jokes. It’s nothing anybody would give a second thought to

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No, it would definitely have cost them money. That's not even a question.
    Lol it absolutely is and this probably cost them more thank keeping him would have

BANNED

In the end though, James Gunn agrees with why Disney "fired" him (he wasn't technically hired yet, was he?).

Well, unless he's a hypocrite.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    In the end though, James Gunn agrees with why Disney fired him.

Well, unless he's a hypocrite.
    Lol...he pretty much has to.

Spectacular Member

Hopefully people in the USA, and the world over, are seeing the danger that "Social" networking and posting sites pose. Everything is permanent. Everything. Re-read that. PERMANENT. Don't ever mess-up, don't ever post something that other's might have an issue with...or watch out.

It creates an authoritative record that can and will be used against you, depending on who wants to use what against you. Also, by the hyper-reactive instant reactions media promote...it has the truly evil result of suppressing an d silencing freedom of ideas and expression. Many people would rather not post at all if they think their ideas (may be political, or a joke, or whatever) will be used against them.

People in the USA especially need to be aware of this and what is happening, as this is 100% counter/against what our guiding law The Constitution establishes. Freedom of expression, liberty. All those fantastic things, without having the fear of retribution over words. This has made the USA unique for centuries, as opposed to places like the UK where speech is much more regulated.

Everyone, from any political background, oh..yes to even tell disgusting jokes/post, etc. need to WAKE UP and see this is one thing everyone should agree to fight against.
    Last edited by jtd; 07-21-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Same response I had. Tasteless but obviously jokes. It’s nothing anybody would give a second thought to
    Clearly that's not the case.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Lol it absolutely is and this probably cost them more thank keeping him would have
    No, it absolutely is not. Keeping him would have led to a shitload of people skipping the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No, it absolutely is not. Keeping him would have led to a shitload of people skipping the movie.
    And now there’s a shitload of people that one

1. Are skipping the movie because Gunn who popularized the films is gone
    2. People that are skipping the movie because Trump was involved with getting him fired

People would have moved on in a month. These controversies never translate to box office crashes