Page 115 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When you support Gunn's firing by Disney, you are supporting Weird Mike.
    Wrong, and repeating it will not change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wrong, and repeating it will not change that fact.
    Weird Mike and his cronies wanted to use "outrage" to get Gunn for his criticizing Trump. You supporting Disney firing Gunn is you supporting Weird Mike. It's that simple.

Weird Mike and his cronies wanted to use "outrage" to get Gunn for his criticizing Trump. You supporting Disney firing Gunn is you supporting Weird Mike. It's that simple.
    Again, repeating what is not the case isn't going to make it into the truth.

Again, repeating what is not the case isn't going to make it into the truth.
    How do you see the case?

How do you see the case?
    A company fired a guy who had not screwed up just once(let's not even factor in that pictures would come out down the line). The first time, it was GLAAD who had to call him out.

The company decided to let someone go who had already been cut slack.

A company fired a guy who had not screwed up just once(let's not even factor in that pictures would come out down the line). The first time, it was GLAAD who had to call him out.

The company decided to let someone go who had already been cut slack.
    You are arguing that someone should be fired, years after the fact, for comments they already apologized for, years after the fact.

That Weird Mike is the one who instigated this to silence a Trump critic means nothing to you.

I think this speaks for itself.

You are arguing that someone should be fired, years after the fact, for comments they already apologized for, years after the fact.

That Weird Mike is the one who instigated this to silence a Trump critic means nothing to you.

I think this speaks for itself.
    You are incorrect.

We are talking about a guy who already made this exact mistake once. In the years since being rightly called out for doing so, he did not address some of the other things he had said and done until someone forced the issue.

Who it is that attempted to force the issue? It is a separate issue.

That Gunn never felt the need to deal with his past until it came out? I can accept that as a valid reason to terminate an employee.

I don't think that it means he should never work again. I think that every potential employer can weigh that he has addressed it, and take that into account when deciding to or not to give him a job.

As for "Silence A Trump Critic...", I don't really put much stock into it because it is not what will happen.

You keep linking to Dave's Twitter. Does it seem "Silent" to you? Do you actually believe that Gunn will be silenced in the long run?

You are incorrect.

We are talking about a guy who already made this exact mistake once. In the years since being rightly called out for doing so, he did not address some of the other things he had said and done until someone forced the issue.

Who it is that attempted to force the issue? It is a separate issue.

That Gunn never felt the need to deal with his past until it came out? I can accept that as a valid reason to terminate an employee.

I don't think that it means he should never work again. I think that every potential employer can weigh that he has addressed it, and take that into account when deciding to or not to give him a job.

As for "Silence A Trump Critic...", I don't really put much stock into it because it is not what will happen.

You keep linking to Dave's Twitter. Does it seem "Silent" to you? Do you actually believe that Gunn will be silenced in the long run?
    It is not a separate issue, no matter how much you wish it were. Supporting Gunn's firing means supporting Weird Mike.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/7/2...-of-the-galaxy

You also cited GLAAD calling him out:

You are right about her not being an unknown quantity.

They knew she had never been called out by GLAAD.
    To which I provided this link:

https://www.glaad.org/blog/director-...ents-blog-post

Of him apologizing to them back in 2012. You cannot move the goal posts.

It is not a separate issue, no matter how much you wish it were. Supporting Gunn's firing means supporting Weird Mike.
    Again, this is simply an incorrect statement. Repeating it will not somehow change it into fact.

Two separate issues...

- What Gunn has admitted and agreed were valid reasons to fire him.
    - That Gunn won't really be silenced no matter what anyone tries.

As for GLAAD, he apologized after they had to call him out over his behavior.

It is important to be honest about the timeline there.

In the years since then, he apparently never learned so much from it that he felt the need to address his past before doing so was something he had to do.

It's also important to be honest about that.

Again, this is simply an incorrect statement. Repeating it will not somehow change it into fact.

Two separate issues...

- What Gunn has admitted and agreed were valid reasons to fire him.
    - That Gunn won't really be silenced no matter what anyone tries.
    Thirty, you are wrong once again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.276687d4a1cf

Cernovich is stepping into the Arizona Senate Race thanks to his raised profile. Thanks, Disney. (I'm going to move this particular discussion to the politics thread.)

As far as Gunn being silenced, he has yet to appear on Social Media since he apologized on July 19th of last month, and he doesn't appear to be returning anytime soon (if ever, according to his girlfriend). So, effectively, he has been silenced.

Thirty, you are wrong once again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.276687d4a1cf

Cernovich is stepping into the Arizona Senate Race thanks to his raised profile. Thanks, Disney. (I'm going to move this particular discussion to the politics thread.)

As far as Gunn being silenced, he has yet to appear on Social Media since he apologized on July 19th of last month, and he doesn't appear to be returning anytime soon (if ever, according to his girlfriend). So, effectively, he has been silenced.
    You are framing this like no one had ever heard of him before Gunn was fired. We both know that is not true.

As for Gunn, his choosing to stay radio silent for a while is not the same as being "Silenced". Never mind what has happened outside of his social media(which you have linked to and CBR and other sites have covered).

You are framing this like no one had ever heard of him before Gunn was fired. We both know that is not true.

As for Gunn, his choosing to stay radio silent for a while is not the same as being "Silenced". Never mind what has happened outside of his social media(which you have linked to and CBR and other sites have covered).
    There are people in this thread who said they have never heard of Sarah Silverman.

Which doesn't really have much to do with that "Right" leaners have heard of the guy we are talking about. Never mind that it comes up in the article you just linked to.

BANNED

This is what I'm hearing from this thread:
    Johnny Depp is evil
    Sarah Silverman is evil
    Mike Cernovich is evil (ok, this is true)
    Disney craved
    Whoever supports Gunn's firing is a Nazi and Trump support
    Gunn is the victim and not responsible for his own tweets, it's 100% Cernovich fault.