Page 121 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2577
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This controversy has continued on for a month and shows no signs of winding down. So, yeah, Disney blew it. This whole thing would have blown over if they had ignored Cernovich's smear campaign.
    Disney didn’t blow anything, they did the right thing for their company.
    They don’t care if you don’t like their decision

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    If Gunn would’ve stayed on, they would have been so much flack over GOTG 3, the parents wouldn’t buy tickets for the movie.
    This is the main issue. Disney didn’t want the controversy.
    Is that why Days of Future Past flopped?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Marvel recovering from this debacle forced upon them, should that happen (I think the odds are in their favor) should not absolve Disney from being taken to task for forcing Marvel into a situation that they need to recover from in the first place. Disney needs to make better decisions than this. Next time they may not be so lucky.
    Again, Disney does have the right to hire whoever they want for their movie. THey don't need anyones absolution on the matter. It's not like they are obligated llegally or contractually or even idealogically to hire Gunn or anyone else for that matter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not saying it's beyond reproach.

Merely saying it's their money and their movie, so if they're fine with the decision they have made and whatever consquences may come from it, then we probably don't really need to lose too much sleep over this.
    Unless I disagree with it and it hurts a franchise I like and might make me averse to watching it....,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This controversy has continued on for a month and shows no signs of winding down. So, yeah, Disney blew it. This whole thing would have blown over if they had ignored Cernovich's smear campaign.
    Its continued in a few isolated spaces like this one. Most of the world has long forgotten about it, unfortunately.

Its continued in a few isolated spaces like this one. Most of the world has long forgotten about it, unfortunately.
    I'm sure the controversy will start up again if Disney announces a new director.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much every relevant place Marvel is discussed still brings it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The audience is children and parent, you the people who buys the tickets.
    Children and parents only? ****, I guess I'm not allowed to see it.

Again, Disney does have the right to hire whoever they want for their movie. THey don't need anyones absolution on the matter. It's not like they are obligated llegally or contractually or even idealogically to hire Gunn or anyone else for that matter.
    No one's saying Disney doesn't have the right to make bad business decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Pretty much every relevant place Marvel is discussed still brings it up...
    You seriously overestimate the number of people who participate in those discussions.

Discussion shoots back up any time anything Guardians is mentioned. Disney officially putting the movie on indefinite hiatus means there's not much to actually say.

As of right now, they have officially blown it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Children and parents only? ****, I guess I'm not allowed to see it.
    He’s making some weird puritanical argument assuming that no parent would ever take their kids to see it based off his own personal feelings.

Keep in mind this is the same person to bend over backwards to defend Johnny Dell who was accused of domestic violence and made a payment because of it, and then in the same breath insinuated Gunn is pedophile who shouldn’t be around children (which nobody accused him of). Aka he’s just throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks because he’s too dug in. Not worth engaging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I'm sure the controversy will start up again if Disney announces a new director.
    The controversy is over, Disney took care of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    You seriously overestimate the number of people who participate in those discussions.
    I don’t. But it’s still a relevant topic. This thread likely isn’t going right now if Gunn wasn’t fired

BANNED

Actually they were contractually obligated to Gunn because they'd already hired him for a multi-movie deal. That's why it took weeks for them to negotiate their way out of it. And yes, it is absolutely appropriate to be critical of Disney for having done it, to encourage them to be smarter next time.