Page 152 of 172 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They can't legally start on those movies until the Fox/Disney deal is done. That means we wouldn't see the first MCU X-Men/F4 until at least 2021. (But probably closer to 2022/2023.)

Once again, pissing away a movie that would have been guaranteed hundreds of millions of dollars (as previous Guardians movies have done) is a poor way to run a business.
    A poor way to run a business would be if Disney decided to not make a sequel to Black Panther. The whole GotG situation is just an unfortunate series of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    A poor way to run a business would be if Disney decided to not make a sequel to Black Panther. The whole GotG situation is just an unfortunate series of events.
    Disney had opportunities to course correct and decided to keep going down this road anyway.

Disney had opportunities to course correct and decided to keep going down this road anyway.
    Which is exactly why I don't think they have any problems with the course they are taking. They could have changed gears and didn't, so for them at least this was the right call.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’m pretty sure Disney will be just fine without GOTG
    I'm pretty sure Disney would agree that they'd be up to a billion dollars finer with Guardians 3.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Which is exactly why I don't think they have any problems with the course they are taking. They could have changed gears and didn't, so for them at least this was the right call.
    I can't believe you still think this after all evidence to the contrary that they made the wrong decision.

I can't believe you still think this after all evidence to the contrary that they made the wrong decision.
    Im saying they don't feel rhey made the wrong decision, because again they coyld have easily reversed it but didn't. So they are clearly fine with the decision made and rhe fall out from it.

Im saying they don't feel rhey made the wrong decision, because again they coyld have easily reversed it but didn't. So they are clearly fine with the decision made and rhe fall out from it.
    And have you spoken to Iger, Horn, and Feige? Or are you just taking their public statements at face value?

And have you spoken to Iger, Horn, and Feige? Or are you just taking their public statements at face value?
    Nope, haven't spoken to any of them. I'm not saying anything you didn't say a few posts ago... Disney had opportunities to change course but decided to keep going down this road. The decision was made, and they doubled down on it after the fact. So yeah... I feel justified in saying Disney feels they made the right call. Again, they could have changed course and didn't so that's that.

Nope, haven't spoken to any of them. I'm not saying anything you didn't say a few posts ago... Disney had opportunities to change course but decided to keep going down this road. The decision was made, and they doubled down on it after the fact. So yeah... I feel justified in saying Disney feels they made the right call. Again, they could have changed course and didn't so that's that.
    They were criticized for firing Gunn. They received weeks/months of bad press. Wasted millions of dollars on pre-production only to put what looked to be a surefire hit on indefinite hiatus. The cast have verbalized their unhappiness (with one member even going as far as to almost outright mutiny). One of their rival studios hired the director they fired and were praised for it.

But saying "Disney feels they made the right call" makes everything alright.

They were criticized for firing Gunn. They received weeks/months of bad press. Wasted millions of dollars on pre-production only to put what looked to be a surefire hit on indefinite hiatus. The cast have verbalized their unhappiness (with one member even going as far as to almost outright mutiny). One of their rival studios hired the director they fired and were praised for it.

But saying "Disney feels they made the right call" makes everything alright.
    If THEY feel they made the right call then for them yeah... it makes it alright. They are the ones who have to deal with whatever consequences befall they prefer dealing with that than reversing their decision even though they easily could. And they stuck the course.

If THEY feel they made the right call then for them yeah... it makes it alright. They are the ones who have to deal with whatever consequences befall they prefer dealing with that than reversing their decision even though they easily could. And they stuck the course.
    I think most people would say they massively screwed up. And you can say it was their mistake to make, but let's not pretend otherwise.

I think most people would say they massively screwed up. And you can say it was their mistake to make, but let's not pretend otherwise.
    Maybe, but it's not most peoples money and most peoples money. It's Disneys. Most people aren't in their shoes. It's not most people who have to deal with the press or pay for any of this, it's Disney and if they're cool with the decision then really its a non issue.

It's not like it's my money paying for Guaridans so if Disney is fine with their call, then I'm not sure anyone else needs to lose any sleep over it, ya know?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm pretty sure Disney would agree that they'd be up to a billion dollars finer with Guardians 3.
    GOTG3 is not going to make a billion for Disney.
    The first movies together didn’t make a billion.
    GOTG 1 and 2 together:
    Box office $1.3 billion
    Budget. ~$360million
    Marketing ~$150 million
    Theater cut ~$650 million
    Disney profited ~$440 for both movies together
    That’s not counting any backend deals.

Maybe, but it's not most peoples money and most peoples money. It's Disneys. Most people aren't in their shoes. It's not most people who have to deal with the press or pay for any of this, it's Disney and if they're cool with the decision then really its a non issue.

It's not like it's my money paying for Guaridans so if Disney is fine with their call, then I'm not sure anyone else needs to lose any sleep over it, ya know?
    I said it was their mistake to make, didn't I? I haven't lost any sleep over Disney's massive screw ups concerning Guardians 3. But when the emperor has no clothes, I'm going to say the emperor has no clothes.

I said it was their mistake to make, didn't I? I haven't lost any sleep over Disney's massive screw ups concerning Guardians 3. But when the emperor has no clothes, I'm going to say the emperor has no clothes.
    Sure. All I am saying is just because you consider it a mistake doesn't mean they do. There may be circumstances or consequences you and I are unaware of, and they may be judging the situation by an entirely different set of criteria than us.

Again, they made the call and they doubled down on it. To them, by whatever stardard they feel like using, it seems like the right call. And in this instance their opinon might be all that REALLY matters since it's their money and their movie.