Page 156 of 172 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Specifically, I'm saying because they doubled down on the decision it means it was the right decision for them. By whatever standard of judgement they are using, which may be different than yours or mine, they seem good with the decision they made with better understanding of the circumstances and consequences than we ever will.

And in the grand scheme of things, given its their money and movie, in this instance theirs is the only opinion that really matters.
    What is the point of message boards then? If you have this opinion, why are you here? This is what I do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What is the point of message boards then? If you have this opinion, why are you here? This is what I do not understand.
    I'm here because I enjoy talking about stuff. But that doesn't mean my opinion, or the opinions of a gazillion other people on social media and blogs really should matter in the grand scheme of things for this matter at least. It doesn't. Again, not my money and not my movie, and I don't pretend to completely understand or know all the inner working of how or why this decision was made.

I'm here because I enjoy talking about stuff. But that doesn't mean my opinion, or the opinions of a gazillion other people on social media and blogs really should matter in the grand scheme of things for this matter at least. It doesn't. Again, not my money and not my movie, and I don't pretend to completely understand or know all the inner working of how or why this decision was made. My opinion on the matter doesn't and shouldn't matter, on this, and I'm fan with that.
    So why do you insist on repeating yourself again and again when I give my opinion that Disney made a horrible mistake with Gunn/Guardians 3?

All you're doing is frustrating me. Because, from my perspective, you're not having a discussion with me. From my perspective, you're trying to silence discussion. Just repeating the message that because Disney made this decision, it must have been the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's not forget that Gunn wasn't just doing Guardians 3. He had gone beyond a mere director and was going to set up the cosmic side of the MCU.
    Sure.

That said, the Russo brothers were not in the picture when the initial "Captain America" film was made. Now, they just were at the helm of a film that is the pinnacle of where they have been heading all along.

I just can't see underestimating Disney/Marvel's ability to land on it's feet with an extra fifty in it's hand every single time.

Your argument is essentially that because Disney made this decision and doubled down on it, it must have been the right decision. That is not a good argument to make. The history of the world shows a lot of people in various positions who have made terrible decisions and doubled down on them even when given the opportunity to relent.
    Politely, you seem to be the one insistent on framing this in terms of "Right".

While I don't want to speak for XPac, I get the feeling that we might be talking more in terms of "Will Be Free Of Any Real Financial Consequences..."

So why do you insist on repeating yourself again and again when I give my opinion that Disney made a horrible mistake with Gunn/Guardians 3?

All you're doing is frustrating me. Because, from my perspective, you're not having a discussion with me. From my perspective, you're trying to silence discussion. Just repeating the message that because Disney made this decision, it must have been the right one.
    Again, I'm just giving my perspective on the matter same as you. If you're frustrated speaking with someone who happens to disagree with you, then that might be a problem talking about things on discussion boards since that's likely gonna happen from time to time.

And again, I"m not saying it's the right decision because Disney made it. I'm saying if they doubled down they believe it's the right decision for them. There's a difference that I don't think you're quite understanding.

Again, I'm just giving my perspective on the matter same as you. If you're frustrated speaking with someone who happens to disagree with you, then that might be a problem talking about things on discussion boards since that's likely gonna happen from time to time.

And again, I"m not saying it's the right decision because Disney made it. I'm saying if they doubled down they believe it's the right decision for them. There's a difference that I don't think you're quite understanding.
    It's your refusal to admit that maybe Disney made the wrong decision that I also find extremely frustrating.

That WB has hired Gunn with no negative repercussions would indicate that maybe, just maybe, Disney lost talent that they didn't need to lose. But you won't even admit that this might be a possibility.

It's your refusal to admit that maybe Disney made the wrong decision that I also find extremely frustrating.

That WB has hired Gunn with no negative repercussions would indicate that maybe, just maybe, Disney lost talent that they didn't need to lose. But you won't even admit that this might be a possibility.
    Any more than you will admit that there will probably be almost no financial ramifications as a result of that call.

As for "Repercussions..."

Think about the terms you are trying to use to decide this.

Lots of folks knew who was going to direct the next "Guardians" film. Take a moment to seriously consider how many of those folks are even aware that another "Suicide Squad" film now has a writer.

Different levels of "I Am Aware Of That..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Any more than you will admit that there will probably be almost no financial ramifications as a result of that call.
    They'll be out hundreds of millions of dollars from Guardians 3's profits.

Arguing "they'll replace it with something else" doesn't change that. Nobody expects The Eternals to make the kind of money Guardians 3 was going to make, right? And Black Panther 2 was going to happen anyway. And we're still many years off from MCU X-Men/FF movies.

Admitting that someone MAYBE made the wrong decision is pointless, because that just means it's equally possible they MAYBE made the right one. I can just as easily ask you to admit that there is a POSSIBILITY that they made the right decision but really what's the point?

But if it makes you feel better then fine... I'll admit there's a possibility that Disney made the wrong decision. And while we're at it I'll also admit there's a possibility I'll win the lottery, scientists will have discovered the cure for the common cold, and the 49ers will go to the Superbowl. Anythings possible.

Arguing "they'll replace it with something else" doesn't change that. Nobody expects The Eternals to make the kind of money Guardians 3 was going to make, right? And Black Panther 2 was going to happen anyway. And we're still many years off from MCU X-Men/FF movies.
    And that isn't much of a ramification when you can just move right on making money.

Which is what they will most likely do. No real ramification. It's not like it's going to kneecap their ability to make a buck going forward.

Never mind getting into how Disney/Marvel does when "Nobody Expects...". Folks said that going into "Guardians".

Admitting that someone MAYBE made the wrong decision is pointless, because that just means it's equally possible they MAYBE made the right one. I can just as easily ask you to admit that there is a POSSIBILITY that they made the right decision but really what's the point?

But if it makes you feel better then fine... I'll admit there's a possibility that Disney made the wrong decision. And while we're at it I'll also admit there's a possibility I'll win the lottery, scientists will have discovered the cure for the common cold, and the 49ers will go to the Superbowl. Anythings possible.
    I do like how you equate Disney maybe possibly making the wrong decision as equivalent to the odds of you winning the lottery. Just really drives home how much you don't believe it.

If Disney is fine with that, is it really a mistake?

That's the thing to remember here... your criteria of what is right or wrong may not be exactly the same as Disneys. There may be other considerations at work here. And if they feel it's in their best interests to fire Gunn despite potentially making less money, then I'm not sure if it really matters to them. They'll almost certainly make hundreds of millions either way and continue to thrive, so they can afford to make this decision if they genuinely believe it is the right one to make. I'm not in any was completely dismissing the financial aspect of the equation... merely suggesting it might not be the sole deciding factor in Disney decision.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And that isn't much of a ramification when you can just move right on making money.

Which is what they will most likely do. No real ramification. It's not like it's going to kneecap their ability to make a buck going forward.

Never mind getting into how Disney/Marvel does when "Nobody Expects...". Folks said that going into "Guardians".
    I never said I thought Disney was in any kind of financial trouble for firing Gunn. I just recognize that they made a stupid decision and called it out as such.