Page 160 of 172 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's say they actually deeply regret jumping the gun on firing him, for agrument's sake, can you imagine any kind of scenario where they would actually admit that and told any living soul that they regret doing it?
    If they regret it, they could have simply rehired him. Theoretically speaking, I can imagine them meeting with him and giving him another chance or deciding the backlash didn't make firing him worth it. Obviously that didn't happen, but in my opinion at least it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they regret it, they could have simply rehired him. Theoretically speaking, I can imagine them meeting with him and giving him another chance or deciding the backlash didn't make firing him worth it. Obviously that didn't happen, but in my opinion at least it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.
    They could regret it but be following one of the unwritten rules of higher ups. The most wrong thing you can do is admit you were wrong about something and backtrack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "The Guardians movies weren't that big" continues to be the worst take.
    You’re missing the point, nobody is saying GOTG aren’t big. My point is Disney won’t miss Guardians, they got so much stuff to replace it, plus they are getting XMen and F4.
    Disney is also picking up non Marvel franchise like Planet of the Apes, Avater, Kingsman, Ice Aged, Preditor, Alien and ID4.
    Losing GOTG won’t put a dent in Disney’s profit.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I didn't say thry necessarily did anything wrong ... I said they were going to look bad no matter what they did on the eyes of some.

I already said earlier I didn't think there was necessarily any objectively right or wrong choices here ... just choices. Choiced with consequences. They made their call, guaged the reaction, doubled down, and moved on.
    We saw the consequences when WB hired Gunn. Absolutely nothing.

Great job, Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    You’re missing the point, nobody is saying GOTG aren’t big. My point is Disney won’t miss Guardians, they got so much stuff to replace it, plus they are getting XMen and F4.
    Disney is also picking up non Marvel franchise like Planet of the Apes, Avater, Kingsman, Ice Aged, Preditor, Alien and ID4.
    Losing GOTG won’t put a dent in Disney’s profit.
    This continues to be the worst take.

Disney is a business. They want money. Guardians 3 was guaranteed hundreds of millions in profits. Now they may not get those profits. Also, a lot of those Fox franchises aren't worth anything near what Guardians was worth.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They could regret it but be following one of the unwritten rules of higher ups. The most wrong thing you can do is admit you were wrong about something and backtrack.
    Exactly. Disney got played left right and centre by Mike Cernovich. Amazing how one man cost Disney hundreds of millions of dollars with the possibility of no GOTG 3 and the Gunn related movies that could have followed. Biggest bitch slap in the entertainment history. What a brilliant and diabolical move by one man.

BANNED

And absolutely none of that is going to replace a movie that was supposed to come out in 2020.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And absolutely none of that is going to replace a movie that was supposed to come out in 2020.
    You must be kidding. LOL

You must be kidding. LOL
    Do you know how long it actually takes to make a movie? Do you know Disney can't actually even start making a movie until the deal is 100% done?

You're not going to see MCU X-Men in 2020. That idea is laughable.

BANNED

Do you know how long it actually takes to make a movie? Do you know Disney can't actually even start making a movie until the deal is 100% done?

You're not going to see MCU X-Men in 2020. That idea is laughable.
    There are already movies being filmed or in pre-production for Fox. These movie will be Disney movies early next years.
    A lot of these movies will be ready for release in 2019 and 2020.

There are already movies being filmed or in pre-production for Fox. These movie will be Disney movies early next years.
    A lot will be ready for release in 2019 and 2020.

Astonishing Member

So when will Disney officially close down all GOTG attractions at their theme parks?

BANNED

Dude, Fox hasn’t stop production on anything, Disney is fine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    So when will Disney officially close down all GOTG attractions at their theme parks?

That a seperate issue

Dude, Fox hasn’t stop production on anything, Disney is fine
    MCU X-Men will not be ready in 2020. The idea is laughable. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are not replacements for the eventual MCU X-Men films, lol. (Edit: And that's if they even come out.)

BANNED

MCU X-Men will not be ready in 2020. The idea is laughable. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are not replacements for the eventual MCU X-Men films, lol.
    I’m talking about all of Fox’s stuff, not just the XMen.