BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    All the damage firing James Gunn has had for Marvel

https://screenrant.com/james-gunn-fired-marvel-damage/
    This article is causing Disney’s Executives to LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This article is causing Disney’s Executives to LOL
    Firing Gunn just put one of their top Marvel money-makers in the freezer for the foreseeable future so if I was Disney I wouldn't be laughing quite so hard.

The real potential for damage to Disney will be if Gunn is successful at his new job, as it will give Marvel films something they haven't had to worry about yet - actual competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The real potential for damage to Disney will be if Gunn is successful at his new job, as it will give Marvel films something they haven't had to worry about yet - actual competition.
    Bah . . . they'll just acquire Warner Brothers then.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why are they haveing so much trouble moving on from Gunn I don't get it.
    They're in the wrong, and were played by someone unpopular with the media, so they have trouble moving on. This is what happens when a company screws up publicly.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Disney was a multi billion company before Gunn.
    Disney is a multi billion company after Gunn.

I have faith that Gunn can put out a solid movie. I don't have a lot of faith than Gunn can transform DC movies into marvel has to actually worry about.

Whedon IMO was more of a threat in that regard, but he ended up being another flop. I almost think it's less an issue of talent and more about the studio that runs things.

BANNED

I dunno, DC have a consistent track record of proving not everything good directors touch turns to gold.

You keep saying that but the truth is losing any money is a big deal in Hollywood. Making billions isn't enough, they need to make more and more billions.
    And when they fail to meet expectations, there are often consequences.
    One failed movie can mean a Studio head their job, even if the company made billions.
    Look at how Solo, which made money, but not enough, changed their whole approach to the Star Wars franchise.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I have faith that Gunn can put out a solid movie. I don't have a lot of faith than Gunn can transform DC movies into marvel has to actually worry about.

Whedon IMO was more of a threat in that regard, but he ended up being another flop. I almost think it's less an issue of talent and more about the studio that runs things.
    Whedon has yet to do a DC movie that is all his own so can we really say he will be a flop?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You keep saying that but the truth is losing any money is a big deal in Hollywood. Making billions isn't enough, they need to make more and more billions.
    One failed movie can mean a Studio head their job, even if the company made billions.
    Look at how Solo, which made money, but not enough, changed their whole approach to the Star Wars franchise.
    Basically - unless you are a brand in and of yourself, then you are only as good as your last movie.

BANNED

It's more than that. You kind of alluded to it but didn't follow it through. It's also important to make your competitor make as little money as possible. It's an important distinction.

Astonishing Member

Disney is a multi billion company that got played by Baron Zemo.
    Biggest bamboozle by one man.

BANNED

You are arguing fact with fiction.