Page 169 of 172 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That some people believe that the bigger picture has changed?

Yeah, I caught that.

Doesn't really amount to much in the actual bigger picture.
    Did you actually catch that?

I don't think anyone can argue that the big picture hasn't had to change. I think we might see movies like The Eternals pushed back and movies like a potential Captain Marvel sequel being reworked to work within a cosmic setting that doesn't have Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. It seems clear that Gunn was setting the stage for a larger role in the cosmic universe with this latest film and this latest film was going to be incredibly important to setting the stage for these future cosmic projects. Given that we know that Doctor Strange's sequel is likely to start filming here soon, according to Cumberbatch's co-star Benedict Wong, I would guess they probably moved that movie from its end of July spot in 2020 and placing it in the May spot that I think Marvel was less willing to sacrifice. Black Widow is probably far enough along in development to fill that November spot, so I guess that was probably always the plan. However, I'd be interested in figuring out how 2021 ends up shaking out differently than was originally intended. I'll be really surprised if The Eternals or Nova don't enter development until after Gunn's script is actually put into motion in front of the cameras. My guess for the current schedule is probably:

March 9, 2019 - Captain Marvel
    May 3, 2019 - Avengers 4
    July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
    May 1, 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (the original spot for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 I'm guessing)
    July 31, 2020 - ABANDONED (the original spot for Doctor Strange 2 I'm guessing)
    November 6, 2020 - Black Widow
    February 12, 2021 - Black Panther 2 (I'm guessing this was always intended for this movie, especially considering this happened after the announcement of Coogler coming back)
    May 7, 2021 - Thor 4 (I think that they are going to want to bring Thor back for another trilogy given how well the last one did but I could be wrong--this would allow for another film to be developed from scratch regarding their overall plan for the cosmic universe which is probably easier than reworking them)
    UNANNOUNCED (but...) July 2, 2021 - Spider-Man 3 (I think it is a no brainer that Spider-Man keeps going in the MCU as it is a beneficial deal for both parties and that'll finish off his high school years, especially allowing for a lack of team-up films featuring Spider-Man in the prior period; this would allow for this film to take place prior to Black Widow and Black Panther 2 without any real harm to the overall timeline)
    November 5, 2021 - Ant-Man 3 (I honestly don't think that Marvel was necessarily pushing for a third Ant-Man movie but given how much I think the firing of Gunn screwed their schedule, and that they can put on a face of strength especially given that they hadn't officially given titles to these release dates, and there is plenty of time to develop this film, we will probably get one)
    February 18, 2022 - Captain Marvel 2 (I think that the fact that they don't have a firm start date for the next GOTG movie probably means that a sequel to Captain Marvel will even make it out the door before then, especially as, again, this is an established property that doesn't need the ground work laid for it by a new Guardians of the Galaxy movie to set it up and can carve a space in the current climate of the cosmic side of the universe)
    May 6, 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (I think they would like for this film to be a May movie and are likely putting the wheels in motion to take this place, which might have been reserved for projects like Thor 4)
    July 29, 2022 - The Eternals (I think that they will probably want to set the wheels in motion to push for the new cosmic projects that were being planned prior to the new GOTG movie as soon as that one is out)

Overall, I think that they quite clearly had to reorganize their schedule on a grand scale. I don't think that they will be able to have a new X-Men or Fantastic Four project in development to get out before 2022 and I think that they will likely want to push out their long-awaited own titles before they start building out again. I could be wrong but that is what I'm thinking so far.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

I think Fox will remain a separate studio under Disney, they will handle all the XCU and F4 for now. I think that will change in 2023 when we see them integrate more with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I think Fox will remain a separate studio under Disney, they will handle all the XCU and F4 for now. I think that will change in 2023 when we see them integrate more with the MCU.
    Didn't Bob Iger say there isn't a whole lot of sense in trying to have two Marvels?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Yeah, I caught that.

The big picture HAS changed. However, it was going to change eventually anyways due to the Fox merger. Disney should be able to play it well enough to put both disruptions together and have the public presume that it is all absorbing Fox. I think someone in the back room still has to pay though. And the potential of Gunn helping DC be an actual threat is still an issue, but there is a huge gap to close in the eyes of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The big picture HAS changed. However, it was going to change eventually anyways due to the Fox merger. Disney should be able to play it well enough to put both disruptions together and have the public presume that it is all absorbing Fox. I think someone in the back room still has to pay though. And the potential of Gunn helping DC be an actual threat is still an issue, but there is a huge gap to close in the eyes of the public.
    Man, that one is almost a completely different discussion.

First off, it's not like Gunn is John Carpenter or Sam Raimi. As a director, his only huge hits are MCU films. That universe was already a huge boost to any director before Gunn was ever a part of the picture.

Second, the reality of his involvement at Warner/DC. As of this moment, his is writing a "Suicide Squad" film that seemingly will restart the franchise at a "Zero" point. Don't even get me started on that one.

Third, the reality of when that "Maybe?" might actually happen. Best case scenario when does that potential "Suicide Squad" film happen? Do any of the folks who are wound up now have the ability to get anyone besides themselves behind that film if it ever happen?

For all of the talk of how the "Time" factor could hobble a potential third "Guardians" film, no one is saying anything like that about this potential "Suicide Squad" film that we know nothing about other than that Gunn might wind up being it's writer.

It's just a whole lotta "Uh, maybe?"
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-30-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. Igor already said Feige will oversee all Marvel movie projects. He doesn't want to have two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I caught that.

If history teaches us anything, it's that the big picture never changes until it does.

You wouldn't think a minority that comprised 2% of a nation's population could force change, but it happened in Australia. Just because things take a long time doesn't mean they don't happen.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. Igor already said Feige will oversee all Marvel movie projects. He doesn't want to have two Marvels.
    You need to carefully re-read my post.
    Even Feige said it will take a few years until X and 4 join the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    99.99999999999999% of the public don’t care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    On the flip side, if the MCU movies continue to make money after the Gunn firing and they continue business as usual, can we say that it's not really a big deal?
    It’s not really a big deal. Studios’ plans always changes for whatever reason, this is no different.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Knock off the personal battles. Stay on topic and keep things above board please.

Getting back on topic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ians-3-1156340

A billboard has appeared near Disneyland asking the studio to rehire James Gunn for Guardians 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Getting back on topic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ians-3-1156340

A billboard has appeared near Disneyland asking the studio to rehire James Gunn for Guardians 3.
    Now that Warner Bros. has hired Gunn to write and maybe directe Suicide Squad 2 I doubt Gunn even wants to go back to Disney after their shabby treatment of him.
    Would you want to work for someone who had kicked you to the curb because of an outsider's political agenda against you? Taking their side instead of showing loyalty
    to you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Now that Warner Bros. has hired Gunn to write and maybe directe Suicide Squad 2 I doubt Gunn even wants to go back to Disney after their shabby treatment of him.
    Would you want to work for someone who had kicked you to the curb because of an outsider's political agenda against you? Taking their side instead of showing loyalty
    to you?
    Depends what the apology paycheck looks like.