Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Need is a too strong of a word but I've made pedo jokes before. I remember one of the girls in my group of friends got a new boyfriend and it was always the same mundane chit-chat when it was just me and him talking one-on-one, on a night out one of us (genuinely can't remember who it was) made a pedo joke and the jokes and conversation have been much more free flowing between us since then. Although saying that both of our girlfriends lecturer us to stop with those jokes even when no one else is around.

If his tweets were funny it wouldnt be an issue the problem is they aren't funny at all ans kinda disgusting. But I dont see anything in there that he should lose his job for. I mean it was a decade ago on top of that. If your Dave Chappelle you can pull off extremely offensive Jokes but if your less then a top notch comedian you probaly shpuld air on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Outside of Tumblr (which i keep private), and Facebook, i don't do the social media thing that much. Especially now due to my career, even though i'm my own boss. Also all of the edge lord comedians are probably finished now, at least in terms of having major careers.

Well, Gunn isn't funny to begin with.
    Tosh quietly goes across the country making a killing. Dave Chappels isnt a shochlh comedian but people like him Joey Diaz, Bill Bur,Bill Maher, Katt William's etc.... they dont shy away from offensive material at all. They just dont yell crazy offensive shot out for no reason except to shock u. But yea other rhen Tosh I think Shock comedians might be a dying thing or edge Lords whatever the proper title is for them

Extraordinary Member

This is pretty suspect, firing a guy for bad jokes made a decade ago.

Why is anybody being terminated at the behest of a Conservative conspiracy rag?

On the plus side, we might actually get some decent showings from the female characters in future films.

It bugs me to no end that Gamora is given the title "deadliest woman in the galaxy" yet has done literally nothing even remotely close of deserving it. Vol. 2 had better moments for female characters so maybe he was learning, but meh. I'm interested to see what someone else can bring to the franchise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    On the plus side, we might actually get some decent showings from the female characters in future films.

It bugs me to no end that Gamora is given the title "deadliest woman in the galaxy" yet has done literally nothing even remotely close of deserving it. Vol. 2 had better moments for female characters so maybe he was learning, but meh. I'm interested to see what someone else can bring to the franchise.
    Was she ever given that moniker in the films? I don't remember Gamora being called that in the films.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It's good to see we hold our film directors to a higher standard than our president.

I wish the civil war would just start already, because this is getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Was she ever given that moniker in the films? I don't remember Gamora being called that in the films.
    After doing some googling:

"I go by many names, Earthian, but I'm sure the one that most know me by is Gamora, the deadliest woman in the whole galaxy."

From the first GOTG. I guess a case could be made that she's calling herself that, but the other characters do seem to recognize it.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Tosh quietly goes across the country making a killing. Dave Chappels isnt a shochlh comedian but people like him Joey Diaz, Bill Bur,Bill Maher, Katt William's etc.... they dont shy away from offensive material at all. They just dont yell crazy offensive shot out for no reason except to shock u. But yea other rhen Tosh I think Shock comedians might be a dying thing or edge Lords whatever the proper title is for them
    I think their days as mainstream artists are probably numbered. Go back and watch Bernie Mack's standup routine. There's noway and hell he could do that, let alone recover from it. There's already a growing backlash against black male comedians on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I think part of that is, beyond just generally toning down Gamora's personality from the comics, Gunn's not really that good with action, at least close-quarters hand-to-hand kind of fighting.

Although he also made Mantis into a butt of jokes instead of a master martial artist, so...

He deserved it, frankly. If you're going to throw stones, you need to make sure you don't live in a glass house.

I tell my students constantly to think before you post. Once it’s out there, it’s out there and can come back to bite you.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Gunn’s tweets were disgusting.

Astonishing Member

Yet Woody Allen seduces and marries his much younger step-daughter and he gets constant work? Amazing.

BANNED

Now we know why he likes The Jackson 5 so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Yet Woody Allen seduces and marries his much younger step-daughter and he gets constant work? Amazing.
    Polanski is a worst offender and he even has major Hollywood figures defend his actions.